Christopher Eddy, M.P.H., REHS/RS, CP-FS
Risk Analysis Hazard Vulnerability Assessment Health Security Epidemiology Emergency Response Compliance
February 26, 2019
Grand Canyon University: 08/2014 - Present
Adjunct Faculty/Lecture/Subject Matter Expert: Global Health and Environmental/Public Health School of Science, Engineering, and Technology 3300 West Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ, 85017 US • Curriculum Designer/SME/Peer Reviewer/: Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety • Teach Environmental Impacts on Health, Global Health, and Principals of Environmental Public Health
ALL1Health Systems LLC: 12/2014 – Present
Health Security: Risk Analysis and Hazard Vulnerability Assessment, President
Washington, DC, 22202 United States
• Subject matter experts: Communicable/Infectious Disease, Food Safety and Security, Global Health, Environmental Health, Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Response, Vaccine-Preventable Disease, Mass Prophylaxis, EPI response, Waste Characterization, Essential public health infrastructure, at-risk populations
• All-hazards Readiness, Crisis Mitigation, Risk Analysis and Health Security:
Hazard Identification and Characterization
Hazard Vulnerability Assessment
• Presented with Georgetown University Department of Nursing: “Fukushima Compound-Disaster: Implications for Nursing Practice, All-Hazards/Environmental Health Planning and Consequence Management” - Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments Webinar, March 2018 • “Actions for American Nurses in All-Hazard Planning: A Lesson from Japanese Nurses in the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster,” American Journal of Nursing [fc] • Presented Zika virus research data at 2018 National Environmental Health Annual Education Conference: “Populations At-risk to the Zika virus – an All-Hazards Vulnerability and Consequence Threat Analysis,” in final draft • Appointed to the 2018-2020 NEHA Food Safety Program Committee.
Georgetown University: 09/2015 - 10/2016
Adjunct Faculty/Teacher/Subject Matter Expert/Curriculum Advisor: in class and on-line/asynchronous
Emergency and Disaster MGT Program 640 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC, 20001 US
• Developed Curriculum for Theory and Legal Framework course.
• Developed Curriculum for Ethics/ Critical Decision-Making course.
• Developed Curriculum for Project Management and Budgeting course.
• Integrated Public Health with Disaster Risk Management: epidemiology and surveillance, environmental health and surety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosive hazards, Public Safety, and Continuity of Operations plans. Emphasized environmental health/food safety and One Health, veterinary, environmental health and medical communication and surveillance and response integration.
Wright State University: 02/2013 - 09/2014
One Health/All-Hazards and Public Health Consultant
National Disaster Health Consortium
College of Nursing and Health 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45435-0001 US
• Created 15 One Health/All-hazards training/educational modules for on-line learning management system: public health, environmental health, terrorism/bioterrorism preparedness, infectious and zoonotic disease. Developed certificate for public health professionals interacting with the American Red Cross, Medical Reserve Force, and US Air Force
National Center for Medical Readiness: 01/2012 - 08/2013
Food Safety and Environmental Health Consultant/SME
506 E. Xenia Drive, Fairborn, OH 45324 US
• Interfaced with US Air Force expert epidemiological representatives and lead development of epidemic-based Tabletop Exercises. Lead facilitation of joint Table Top Exercise with military, academic, public health, USDA/ODA, and FDA representatives.
• Represented NCMR in interface with 9 university consortium. Provided food safety/defense/security epidemiological expertise towards achievement of USAID and USDA/ FDA FSMA grants: natural disaster, all-hazards/chemical biological, radiological attack, and pandemic/attack food security scenarios.
• Collaborated with Medical Reserve Corps in vulnerable population identification and location project to assist sheltering in place strategies in the case of natural, accidental, intentional disaster, and pandemic/epidemic event.
• Provided technical assistance to local health, fire, and hospital partners in community-based collaboratives designed to provide rapid assessment of diseases outbreak scenarios, including intentional attacks.
Wright State University: 09/2008 - 09/2013
Assistant Program Director, Director of Workforce Development, Faculty, Lecture
Boonshoft School of Medicine, Master of Public Health Program, 3123 Research Blvd. Kettering, OH 45420 US
• Appointed by Ohio Governor to Ohio Public Health Council while on faculty.
• Led re-certification of program accreditation (Conference on the Education of Public Health).
• Taught: Population Health; Environmental Health; Teams: Leadership; Budget: Leadership, Introduction to Public Health; Problems in Public Health.
• Developed Curriculum for Environmental Health and Problems in Public Health. • Directed student projects at community hospitals following Joint Commission, FEMA/DHS, ADA, OSHA, DOT, EPA mandates: Hazard Vulnerability Assessment, SARA/HAZMAT inventory reporting, evacuation/sheltering in place.
Hamilton County Public Health: 05/1994 - 09/2008
Environmental Health Director, All-hazards Strike Force Chair and Incident Command System (ICS) Safety Officer
250 William Howard Taft Road Cincinnati, OH 45219 United States
• Developed and acted as Chairman and Operations Captain for novel, all-hazards strike force and CBRNE/ counter-terrorism and consequence management team, post-9.11. Personally responsible for execution of Emergency Support Functions 8, 10, and 11. Represented HCPH in regional functional and tabletop exercises, including hospital/healthcare partners.
• Appointed to ASTM/ CDC Fernald Health Effects Subcommittee (DOE Superfund site).
• Led Greater Cincinnati Area Counter-Terrorism Task Force in hazard vulnerability assessments of soft targets.
• Appointed to Ohio Food-borne Outbreak and Response and Coordinating Group (FORC-G).
• Appointed by Ohio Governor to Ohio Retail Food Safety Advisory Council.
United States Department of Energy: 01/1991 - 05/1994
Regulatory Technologist III
7400 Wiley Road Hamilton, OH 45013 US
• Integrated separate regulatory programs to harmonize policy and procedure: FEMA/OSHA/CERCLA/RCRA/LDR/Special Mixed/ NEPA/EPCRA/TSCA/FIFRA, clean water, air, and others
• Incorporated all applicable, required, appropriate and relevant guidelines to radiological media characterization.
• Authored the Environmental Compliance Summary of the Fernald 1992 Site Environmental Report.
• Developed and managed award-wining Regulatory Compliance Hotline site-wide Q&A system.
• Developed employee Safety Advocate Training System based upon OSHA criteria.
• Initiated and coordinated waste reduction/elimination system across programs.
• Worked extensively on worker Hazard Communication plan by direct audit and policy development.
Wright State University, Kettering, OH US
Master of Public Health
Public Health Management
Wright State University Dayton, OH US
Master of Business Administration (Candidate)
Capstone Completed: Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Public Health
Ball State University Muncie, IN US
Bachelor of Science
National Environmental Health Association - Registered Environmental Health Specialist/ Registered Sanitarian
National Environmental Health Association - Certified Professional - Food Safety
Delta Omega Honor Society
Rotary Club International: Crystal City, Arlington VA US
Paul Harris Fellow
Eddy, C., Sase, E., Zika Virus Risk and Uncertainty in the US: A Public Health All-Hazards Approach, National Environmental Health Association, Annual Education Conference, Anaheim, California. June 27, 2018
Sase, E., Eddy, C., Women’s Resilience and Well-being in Public Health Emergency: Disaster Management as a Health Determinant, World Medical and Health Policy him; manuscript pending editorial review (third review).
Sase, E., Eddy, C., Millennials in an Aging Society: Improving End-of-Life Care by Public Health Policy, Georgetown Public Policy Review 2016; April 21(1): digital publication http://www.gpprspring.com/end-of-life-care#page1-2
Eddy, C., Sase, E., The 2015 US Ebola Incident: Global Implications to All-Hazards Preparedness and Healthcare Worker Protection, Journal of Environmental Health 2015; September 78(2): 28-32 https://www.neha.org/sites/default/files/flipping_book/sept-2015-jeh/files/assets/basic-html/page-1.html
Eddy, C., Sase, E., Implications of the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster: Man-Made Hazards, Vulnerability Factors, and Risk to Environmental Health, Journal of Environmental Health 2015; July-Aug; 78(1): 26-31 https://www.neha.org/sites/default/files/flipping_book/jul-aug-2015-jeh/files/assets/basic-html/page-1.html
Eddy, C., Stull, P., Balster, E., Environmental Health: Champions of One Health, Journal of Environmental Health, 2013; Jul-Aug; 76(1): 46-48
Eddy, C., Jones, SC, Bed Bugs, Public Health, and Justice, Journal of Environmental Health, Part 1: a call to action, 2011 Jul-Aug; 73(8): 8-14 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21488465
Eddy, C., Jones, SC, Bed Bugs, Public Health, and Justice, Journal of Environmental Health, Part 2: an opinion survey, 2011 Jul-Aug; 73(8): 15-1 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21488466
Eddy, C., Sase, E., Schuster, R. Pandemic Influenza A 2009 and Public Health Policies. Georgetown Public Policy Review. 2010; 15:1 https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/bitstream/handle/10822/712543/GPPR_2010_15-01.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
Eddy, C. The Environmental Health Renaissance (To the editor). Ohio Journal of Environmental Health. 2010; 60:1.
Eddy, C., Ingram, T., Leever, J. The Norwalk Virus: A Guidance Template for Local Environmental Health Professionals. Journal of Environmental Health. 2000; 63:8-11.
Parashar, U., Dow, L., Frankhauser, R., Humphrey, C., Ando, T., Williams, K., Eddy, C., Noel, J., Ingram, T., Bresee, J., Monroe, S., Glass, R., An Outbreak of Viral Gastroenteritis Associated With Consumption of Sandwiches: Implications For the Control of Transmission by Food Handlers. Epidemiology Infection. 1998; 121, 615-621.
United States – China Exchange Council (for the General Office of the State Council of China, Emergency Management Office): All-Hazards and Terrorism Preparedness: a Regulatory Framework, from Fukushima 2011 to Ebola 2014. September 2016.
Forte International Enterprises, Inc. (for the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Emergency Management Office): All-Hazards and Terrorism Preparedness: a Regulatory Framework. September 2016.
George Mason University. Requested presentation: “Women’s Resilience and Well-Being in Public Health Emergency: Disaster Management as a Health Determinant,” March 2016.
Georgetown University [Honorarium] (for the School of Continuing Studies, Emergency Planning and Disaster Management Program): “Environmental Health and Disaster Planning and Response,” October 2015.