Whom It May Concern,
Please accept my resume as an expression of interest to fill your current job opportunity as OPEX Manager. I would like to take this time to offer my skills and years of experience in the field of Management, Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement, Change Management, Production Supervision, Safety, Instructor/Trainer/teacher, Quality, and Customer Service. I have a strong educational background holding an MBA from Webster University in St. Louis Mo. I can offer certified skills in areas as a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified ISO 9001 Internal\External Manufacturing Lead Auditor, ISO Certified 14001 environmental Internal\External Manufacturing Lead Auditor.
I have managed, sponsored, and coached over 150 Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing projects to successful completion. I have managed ISO 9001 and 14001 Environmental programs involving training, education and auditing of internal and external customers. I am skilled in change management driving positive outcomes for successful integration. My continual success over the years has been attributed to the ability to handle high stress situations through solid data driven approaches and the ability to adapt and learn at a high rate of speed.
I offer 11 years of Managerial skills as a Quality Manager and Six Sigma Project Manager possessing statistical and financial data evaluating skills. I have 10 years of Manufacturing Supervisor experience overseeing up to 45 employees. I am very knowledgeable in extrusion mechanics and set up. I can offer teaching skills as to promote educational value in training, learning, mentoring and growth of employees. I take a very proactive analytical and statistical approach towards problem solving to continuously improve efficiencies in the daily challenges of the production environment.
I have currently been teaching part time. Teaching Business, Business Math, Marketing and HR Management at Hutchinson Community College and substitute teaching at area High Schools.
I am currently looking to go back to work full time for a two to three year opportunity in continuous improvement/six sigma. Through mentoring, teaching and coaching culture change can be established in any manufacturing environment. If my skill set can be of service to your organization please feel free to call or contact me so we can discuss.
620-***-**** - cell phone
1710 DeWild Lane. – McPherson, Ks. 67460
I am an experienced Quality and Operations management professional with years of diverse experience in Change Management, Training/Teaching, Project Management, Continuous Improvement/Lean Six Sigma, Production and Quality Management.
Hutchinson Community College (2013-Present)
Teaching Business Math, Human Resource Management, and Marketing courses on ITV involving 3 campuses in a classroom environment.
Area School System (2013-Present)
Part time Substitute Teacher
Substitute teaching various subjects in local school Districts. ( McPherson, Moundridge, Inman and Canton-Galva School Districts.)
CertainTeed Siding Products Group (2007-2012)
Quality Manager: McPherson, Ks.
Responsible for customer satisfaction, safety of employees, plant quality and training of departmental reports. Evaluate and promote the change of Quality specifications, procedures and evaluations for the Injection Molding Polymer Shakes Facility to ensure adherence to all ISO 9001 Standards.
· Certified Lead Auditor and Sponsor of the plant ISO 9001 Audit Team. Overseeing all ISO procedures and Internal and External audits.
· Certified Lead Auditor of the plant ISO 14001 Environmental Audit Team. Overseeing all Internal Auditors and External Audit involvement.
· Leader and Sponsored the Plant Safety Awareness Team. Guidance for plant safety recommendations and change agent for safety.
· Created and led cost savings initiative from destructive to non destructive product color check procedure for the plant.
· Created new product testing systems, Product Specifications, JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and QTP’s (Quality Testing Procedures) for the plant. It also encompassed existing product reviews of all specifications.
· Conducted and planned all testing to collect data for analysis on all statistical evaluations, i.e. Capability Testing, Gage R&R, Confidence Intervals, DOE, and etc. on new and standardized processes, also encompassing new and refurbished tooling, to present findings to Corporate and Research Facility management.
· Introduced and implemented Quality data system change from spreadsheet data collection to QC Calc software for greater access to information and analysis.
Sr. Six Sigma Black Belt: McPherson, Ks. (2001-2012)
Ownership of all Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement projects in three facilities. Two facilities in McPherson and the Social Circle, Georgia Plant from 2004-2005 as their Sr. Six Sigma Black Belt. Led all Six Sigma initiatives in the McPherson Kansas facilities.
· Led Six Sigma. Change Management and Continuous Improvement initiatives in Manufacturing Facilities and Six Sigma Transitional projects in Warehousing, Customer Service, and Administration.
· Coached, mentored, directed to completion over 150 Black Belt and Green Belt projects with a cost savings of millions of dollars.
· Six Sigma Yellow Belt Trainer for two plants totaling over 300 employees in Six Sigma Overview Training Seminars. Training was to prepare employees to be able to understand and contribute to Six Sigma Project Teams.
Warehouse Supervisor: McPherson, Ks. (2006-2007)
Served as the interim warehouse manager\supervisor overseeing shipping and day to day operations of the facilities.
Responsible for 4 inventories involving three McPherson Vinyl Siding warehouse locations and the McPherson Molded Products warehouse. Shipping up to 20 trucks of product a day to customers and shuttling inventories from satellite warehouses for manufacturing production.
· Involved in the organization, shipping and shutdown of the Vinyl Siding Warehouses to sister plants in 2007 as Vinyl Siding production exited the McPherson Facility.
· Responsible to continue to keep employee morale and efficiency during the shutdown phase.
Vinyl Siding Shift Supervisor: McPherson, Ks. (1991-2001)
Provided Supervision and leadership for a rotating vinyl siding production shift fostering safe production, growth and training for up to 45 people.
· Responsible for all aspects of the decision making process for the efficient and timely production of quality products.
· Developed and implemented a learning organization on shift to promote safety, learning and cross training while pursuing an MBA for my own personal growth.
Masters in Business Administration
Webster University St. Louis Mo.
McPherson College McPherson, Kansas
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL TRAINING
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
ISO 9001:2000 Certified Lead Auditor Certification
ISO 14001 Certified Lead Auditor Certification
World Class Manufacturing Training (WCM)
Continuous Improvement Training
Work Out Training
oTeaching SPC & Implementation Training
OSHA 12 hour Training
Dupont STOP Safety Training Program
Behavior Based Safety Training
High Performance Team Building Training
Situational Leadership II Training
Partners In Quality Training (PIQ)
Facilitator & Leaders Training
Harassment and Sexual Harassment Training
Advanced Systronics SVS Technical Training
Computer proficient skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, MiniTab, QC Calc, SPC Office Buddy, etc.)
Communications and Leadership Seminars