IT Professional with 10 years of experience in Enterprise Infrastructure Support environment.
Expert in Windows Servers Administration; Remote Management; Project Management including design, documentation and Implementation.
7+ years of experience with 24 X 7 Enterprise Data Center Infrastructure Management.
4+ years of experience with managing team as a Team Lead.
Experience with Identity and Access management; Incident, Change, problem management using tools like Remedy; Service now and Cherwell.
Installation, configuration and management of VMWare ESX & ESXi Servers and connected SAN Storage including the break-fixes and daily maintenance support.
Management of other Microsoft windows services including ADDS, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, SCCM, Antivirus, VMware, Citrix, ISA, Network Policy Server, Clustering, and Load Balancing.
Management of data on HP Storage chassis and other distributed File Server connected to SAN or local Storage and associated hardware fiber connectivity to Switches/Servers.
Security & Threat management.
Successful design and implementation of open source UNIX monitoring tools like NAGIOS & ZABBIX; Windows patching tool, LANDesk management suite in the environment including documentation, installation, configuration of application; database server and end node clients.
Successful design and execution of infrastructure solutions in the industry and Strong knowledge in Data Center consolidation and migration project including Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and Exchange / O365 migration projects.
Backup management of Physical/Virtual servers in the Infrastructure using Commvault and Symantec net backup.
Excellent communication, enthusiastic, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new concepts very quickly & utilize the same in a productive manner.
Highly motivated team leader with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and committed to highest levels of professional. EDUCATION:
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in IT (Information Technology) from National Institute of Technology
(NIT) Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional 410) Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012. MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional 411) Administering Windows Server 2012. MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist 70- 640):
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
(Testing ID: SR6634079)
MCTS Windows 7(70-680) Configuration of Windows 7
ITIL Foundation V.3 (Testing ID: SR6634079 )
HARDWARE HP ProLiant DL 360,380,385 Gen 7/8/9 Servers; Dell 2650, 2850 Servers; IBM X-Series 336,306,346,365 Servers; IBM Blade Centre HS 20; HP and Lenovo Desktops and Laptops.
OPERATING SYSTEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003; 2000; Windows XP, Windows 7 & 8.
SOFTWARE/APPLICATIONS ADDS, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, SCCM, Antivirus, VMware, Citrix, and NAGIOS, Network Policy Server (Wireless Authentication Server), MS Clustering, Load Balancing, IIS.
OTHER TOOLS/SOFTWARE’S Microsoft Office including excel, word, outlook 2000/2003/2010. MONITORING TOOLS NAGIOS; ZABBIX; SCOM; HP Systems Insight Manager. PATCHING TOOLS LANDesk management Suite; SCCM; WSUS. STORAGE & BACKUP TOOLS MSA 30 and MSA 1000 Chassis SAN Storage; MSA 30 and MSA 1000 Chassis SAN Storage; Sure sync and Symantec Backup exec 2010 (R3) backup tool, Windows Shadowing enabled on servers.
REMOTE TOOLS Windows Remote assistance, VNC, Team viewer, LANDesk, Bomgar, KVM. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
MASTECH DIGITAL / CGI (USA) Oct17’-till present.
Wipro Limited (USA) Sept14’ till Sept17’
Tata Consultancy Services(India & USA) July 08’ till Aug 14’ PROJECT EXPERIENCE:
Pittsburgh, PA, USA Oct 17’ till Present
Onsite Technical Lead
• Analyze overall architecture design of Server Infrastructure environment and provide hardware/software recommendations to ensure solution design fits with customers’ business requirements and company objectives.
• Respond to various Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and conduct presentations for potential migration projects including Office 365 e-mail migration and collaborate with business analysts, developers, and technical support teams to define project requirements and specifications.
• Management of coordination between customer, technical teams, and third-party vendors during major project deployment/migration project activities.
• Drafted automated scripting using DOS; PowerShell; automated LANDesk reporting; performed analysis and evaluation of daily development tasks.
• Managed support teams with technical aspects of delivering projects and services including installation, configuration, and management of Microsoft Windows servers; Citrix; VMWare ESX, ESXi Servers software and hardware, on HP and DELL Servers Platform.
• Installation and management of Active Directory (AD), Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Network Policy Server (NPS) for wireless authentication, LANDesk, Clustering, and Load Balancing.
• Monitoring of Windows Server equipment and its optimization for best performance.
• Work on various monitoring tools; perform hardware or software upgrades and repairs.
• Updating server security patches on Windows & ESX Servers with the latest version to ensure servers are compliant as per information technology (IT) standards defined by the Organization.
• Successfully designed and executed the implementation of open source UNIX monitoring tools like NAGIOS; ZABBIX including install, configuration of application; proxy servers and end node clients.
• Designed and implemented Windows patching tool, LANDesk management suite in the environment including document, install, configuration of application; database server and end node clients.
• Performed various Vulnerability Assessment and threat management tasks for any possible threat to the environment on the network and their fixes by implementing appropriate changes as per security standards.
• Resolution of issues by attending to conference outage calls and performing the in-depth Root Cause analysis (RCA) for each issue resolved and work on problem tickets created as outcome of those RCA’s.
• Backup management of user data stored on servers and networked storage area network
(SAN) storage devices to ensure redundancy is available and ensuring data is available for restoration using backup tools.
• Designed and enacted complex recovery solutions to safeguard mission critical data. Catholic Health Initiatives
Des Moines, IOWA Sept 14’ till Sept’17
• Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 Servers installation & administration.
• Installation, configuration and management of VMWare ESX 4.1, 5.0, 5.5 and VCenter 2.5 in production and test environment.
• Installation, configuration & Management of Windows Services including Active Directory (AD), Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), NPS (Network Policy Server for Wireless authentication), File & Print Server.
• Enterprise Data Center Infrastructure Management of all Data Center in IOWA:
Analysis and reporting of the data center infrastructure, develops project plans and conducts briefings and presentations.
Material movement, shipping & receiving, Physical inventory of all Servers in DC and those which has been decommissioned.
Decommissioning & disposal of old Server.
Implementation of Install, add, move, change (IMAC) requests as requested in a data center environment.
• Worked as a Project team lead and handled all escalations in Wintel, VMWare, and Active Directory and sharing of Root cause analysis (RCA) for major outage issues.
Building and leading effective project teams; including coaching and feedback to project team members.
Own and lead project execution to enable business value.
Hold project teams accountable for project deliverables.
Work with project team members to gather estimates for activities/tasks and publish project status reports.
• Hardware Rack Installation of Servers (HP ProLiant Gen 7/8/9, DELL, CISCO UCS) in Data Center and configuration of Remote Management tools (ILO, iDRAC, CIMC); RAID including Network & SAN Fiber cable connectivity.
• Implementation and management of MS Windows Clusters (File & Print Clusters).
• Designing; Planning; documentation and execution of tasks for new server refresh migration projects including rack installation, OS installation, Post build activities and application migration from old to new infrastructure.
• Implementation of ADS Group Policies as per security policies and hardening via GPMC & start up login scripts as per the Security Compliance.
• Vulnerability Assessment and threat management for any threats on the installed Servers in environment and their fixes by making appropriate changes as per security standards.
• Patch management of Wintel, VMWare and Citrix servers using SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) and making sure of the Post Patching Reboot of Servers on monthly schedule.
• Work as a Middleware Engineer coordinating with different Application teams in support of Load Balancing, IIS with applications installed on Web Servers and other application support responsibilities.
• Management of data on HP Storage chassis and other distributed File Servers attached to SAN or local Storage.
• Management of SAN storage hardware and fiber connectivity to the Servers/switches and resolution of issues with hardware failures; SAN Fiber or Ethernet Connectivity.
• Hardware Support of Network CISCO Switches & Routers and other Network Voice devices as needed.
• Management & Administration of Scripts configured in environment for automation of daily task using DOS Batch; Vbscripts and PowerShell scripts.
• Backup management of all Servers in environment in coordination with EMC Networker team.
• Attend change board meetings to represent weekly/monthly change activities for approvals.
• Implementation and Documentation of IT Infrastructure Processes and procedures and their maintenance on Share Point Database.
• Monitoring of servers via HP SIM (Systems Insight Manager) tool for any hardware failure and Perform server hardware maintenance (memory, CPU, HDD replace/upgrade) of existing Wintel, VMWare, and Citrix servers as per requirements by coordinating with HP/DELL/ SMS Vendor.
• Identify the process gaps and provide alternatives to Leaderships.
• Knowledge transfer to offshore and onsite teams. Virgin Atlantic Airways,
Norwalk, Connecticut Oct12’till Sept. 14’
Sr. System Administrator
• Provided support as L3 Server Administrator to the onsite site contacts/managers.
• Management of Microsoft Windows Servers at Data Centre located at Norwalk, USA.
• Build and maintain Wintel, VMWare ESX, ESXi 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0 in test and production environment.
• AD; DNS; DHCP; SCCM; VMware, Citrix, Antivirus McAfee VSE 8.8 management.
• Managing Citrix (Citrix presentation/XenApp servers, Citrix secure gateway, and Citrix print server) environments.
• Management of data on SAN Storage chassis and other distributed location NAS Servers.
• Implementation of ADS Group Policies as per security policies and hardening via GPMC and start up login scripts as per the Security Compliance.
• Management of Backup using Shadowing enabled on Servers, Software Pursuit’s sure sync 5.0 and Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3.
• Management of 5000+ HP laptops and desktops installed with Windows workstation OS.
• Management of Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Servers) array which act as firewall proxy to access internet and filter inbound/outbound traffic.
• Implementation of RAID 0; RAID 1 &RAID 5 on critical servers.
• Patching of Servers, desktop, laptops with the latest updates released by Microsoft via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
• Monitoring of servers via HP SIM tool for any hardware failure and taking proactive precautions/actions.
• Installation and maintenance of local, network and wireless printers.
• Monitoring Memory/CPU on all the Servers installed in the environment.
• Investigate, Analyze and resolve problems related to all applications and software’s installed on Virgin Domain computer systems for End User across all distributed locations in USA.
• Remote technical assistance on a wide range of PC-based computers and peripherals with the help of Windows Remote Assistance, RDP, Team viewer.
• Providing Hands and feet Support with Network CISCO Switches & Routers and Voice Devices.
• Maintenance of site licenses for all the software’s and applications installed in the Virgin Atlantic environment and highlighting it to concerned teams for renewal.
• Maintenance and support of desktops, laptops, network devices, IPADS, iPhones, Blackberry and other computer peripherals on the Share Point Database. ZIMMER Inc.
Warsaw Indiana USA Oct’10 till Sept’12
System Administrator/EUC Team Lead
• Worked as Team Lead with team strength of 11 and supported users remotely at distributed geographies distributed across all over the world.
• Provided onsite support in Zurich, Switzerland during the Knowledge transfer phase as Onsite EUC Team lead.
• Investigate, Analyze and resolve problems related to all applications and software’s installed on Zimmer Domain computer systems for End User across the globe Locations including EMEA, APEJ and USA.
• Implementation of ADS Group Policies as per security policies and hardening via GPMC and start up login scripts.
• Management of Antivirus and its associated Services using McAfee VSE 8.8.
• Remote software and hardware repairs, maintenance, technical assistance and support on a wide range of PC-based computers and peripherals with the help of Remote Desktop Protocol
(RDP), LANDesk, Team viewer and the Onsite Technician/Vendor as needed.
• Installs, configure and maintains personal computers, file servers and other related devices.
• Maintenance of user accounts on Blackberry Server.
• Maintenance of site licenses for all the software’s and applications installed in the Zimmer environment and coordination with the concerned management for their renewal and maintenance.
• Inventory management for all the equipment’s managed by us including desktops, laptops, network devices, IPADS, iPhones, Blackberry and other computer peripherals on the Share Point Database.
• Provides Software Support to Hand held Devices such as IPAD’s, iPhones, Blackberry, and other mobile devices including the Zimmer email configuration and support to other in-house applications.
• Configuring and troubleshooting common used applications and other in- house applications.
• Commonly used applications includes Microsoft products (IE,outlook,excel, word ), Adobe products ( reader,Photoshop, acrobat ),Sun and Oracle products (java, jre, jdk, oracle client) Ministry of Company Affairs (Indian Government Project), Noida India July’08 till Sept’10
Windows System Administrator
• Management of 800+ Windows Servers at DC, Disaster Recovery Site and other distributed locations with a diverse flavor including IBM X-Series and IBM Blade Centre HS 20 Servers.
• Designing, planning, testing and Successful Completion of Business Continuity planning through quarterly Disaster Recovery Drill.
• Remote administration of 3000+ Lenovo desktops and laptops with Windows XP and Windows 7 installed at distributed remote locations, Operations Centre, Data Centre and Disaster Site.
• Installation and Management of AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, VMware, Citrix, Antivirus, NAGIOS.
• Implementation of ADS Group Policies as per security policies and hardening via GPMC and start up login scripts as per the Security Compliance.
• Patching of Servers and Desktops using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
• Hardening of Windows Servers and desktops as per the Security Compliance.
• Antivirus management including Services using Trend micro Antivirus Control Manager, Office scan server & office scan client.
• Implementation and monitoring of Servers using NAGIOS, “A popular open source Computer system and network monitoring software application” in MCA21. XL Insurance 2 Weeks
Inventory Management Administrator
• Inventory Management of all physical computers and related peripheral’s including desktops, laptops, backup tapes and other hardware components using a BAR CODE Scanner Gun and matching it with the inventory database for any mismatch.
• Meetings and discussions with client to suggest for the new innovative procedure’s that can be implemented to refine and solve inventory problems.
• Degaussing the out of warranty devices including corrupted tapes as per the Military Standards and get them replaced or upgraded to latest Hardware.
• Check for the warranty status of all the devices and discuss with the client if it needs to be extended by coordinating with the Vendor.
• Discussion with client to implement new cost saving ideas on a continuous basis. References on request