Chicago, IL 60645
Chemical Engineering Professional (MSChemE) with over three (3) years of experience in the plastics industry. Responsibilities encompass PET resin manufacturing plant support, monitoring manufacturing performance, providing technical assistance, developing processes, implementing corrective actions, and utilizing test equipment. Experience has led to knowledge of laboratory procedures and equipment, statistics, engineering software, polymer properties, reporting, and project coordination.
Masters of Engineering, Chemical Engineering – 2017 Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago IL Bachelors of Engineering, Chemical Engineering – 2011 University of Karachi (UoK), Karachi, Pakistan
2017 – 2018
ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Chicago, IL
Desalination of water using Humidification-Dehumidification
● Analysis of the problem statement
● Material & Energy Balance around each equipment
● Simulation of process in AspenOne.
● Optimization of Process Parameters eg. Temperature, Relative Humidity etc 2012 – 2015 (relocated to the US)
NOVATEX LIMITED, Pakistan
Assistant Process Engineer
Responsible for monitoring plant performance including utility consumption and resin specifications on daily basis and estimating waste, if generated any. Provided technical assistance and recommended corrective actions to troubleshoot problems. Performed operational breakdown analysis and provided remedial action. Performed feasibility study & economic analysis of new projects. Dealt with various project documents such as basic engineering, technical reports, design documents, PFD, P&IDs. Planned
& executed project schedules and coordinated with in-house services department for implementation. Review plant equipment performance for instance checking gas and coal furnace efficiency. Provided trainings to operators and supervisors regarding safe plant operation. Key Accomplishments
● Reactor Drain Handling System: Designed and executed SSP reactor flushing resin handling system that saves about 10 metric ton of resin inventory on every drainage.
● Catalyst Vessel Upgrades: Designed, layout & implementation of Catalyst vessel as required by Polycondensation-II revamping project. The design included: catalyst batch calculation and instrumentation.
● Troubleshooting SSP-I: Involved in Troubleshooting of SSP-I unit shutdown, which was due to lump formation in precrystallization section, by identifying root cause and providing remedial measures accordingly.
● Annual Shutdown projects: Scheduled and coordinated with electrical and mechanical department during planned annual shutdown of Polycondensation and SSP units.
● Energy Optimization Solutions: Suggested and implemented various energy optimization solutions including shutdown of one cell of SSP cooling tower during winter season which resulted in the saving of approx. 30 KW an hour of energy.
● Stripping column Optimization: Simulated stripping column in Aspen HYSYS by optimizing temperature and pressure of steam for the stripping of acetaldehydes from wastewater 2011 (Internship)
LOTTE PPTA, Pakistan
Intern, Purified Terephthalic Acid Production
Calculated and compared cooling tower actual and designed efficiency. Performed ionic balance calculation for water demineralization system.
● SISE-UIC 2017 /Participant, Chicago, IL
● Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt, 6sigma study
● Certified Lean Six Sigma White Belt, Management & Strategy Institute
● Crude Unit Optimization using Aspen HYSYS, Aspentech SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
● Aspen HYSYS
● HTRI SUITE
● Korf 3.0
● C# Programming
● MS Excel spreadsheet
● MS Office
● MS Project
● Registered from Pakistan Engineering Council (P.E.C) with ID:10417
● Member AICHE Chicago Chapter
● Member ECS-IIT Chapter