Duluth, Georgia 30096
An accomplished and results-driven information technology (IT) executive with comprehensive domestic/global expertise in IT infrastructure development, information security, project/change management, disaster recovery, budget administration, cloud computing, contract negotiations, and policy development. Leverages excellent communication skills to manage vendor partnerships and collaborate cross- functionally within large, complex organizations. Fosters innovation in creating new solutions to yield increased profits. Proven aptitude for optimizing processes, systems, and methodologies to drive performance and exceed business goals.
ROUNDS CONSULTING GROUP, Duluth, Georgia
Senior Infrastructure Consultant, 2017- Present
Provide infrastructure consulting services to a multi-state development project. Evaluation of current infrastructure landscape to determine short- and long-term strategic roadmap. Design the enterprise IT infrastructure encompassing all facets of hosting, SAN, database, desktop, backup, security, networking, disaster recovery administration, and data center design.
• Vendor Management
• Change Management
• Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Operational Excellence
• Application Life Cycle
• Process Efficiency
• Quality Reviews
NOVELIS, Atlanta, Georgia
Director/General Manager of IT Infrastructure and Applications, 2010-2017 Developed strategic plan to align IT infrastructure and application framework with global/regional business visions. Architectural design of enterprise IT infrastructure encompassing 12 offices and plants. Directed all facets of builds/configurations, hosting, SAN, database, desktop, backup, security, networking, disaster recovery administration, and data center design. Administered $18,000,000 operating and $3,000,000 capital infrastructure/application budgets.
• Developed strategic plan for ten manufacturing plants/offices, delivering presentation to senior management.
• Produced and implemented IT processes, monitoring, tools, and controls to run NNA IT infrastructure (region and plant levels) in line with global IT standards for $4B business unit.
• Oversaw rollout of global IT initiatives/standards in North America, including global data center and server rationalization as well as PC lifecycle management.
• Delivered infrastructure architecture and design for IAAS and SAAS.
• Headed two-year Data Center consolidation project of compute and storage infrastructure.
• Monitored constantly for technological advancements to ensure continuous improvement, support, and alignment of solutions with industry/company standards and emerging business requirements.
• Directed evaluations, designs, developments, and maintenance of all data center, server, and storage systems, including plans for business continuity and disaster recovery.
• Drove total transformation of manufacturing facility network, addressing significant obsolescence and single point of failure utilizing Rockwell Converged Plantwide Ethernet (CPwe) design.
• Developed, implemented, and maintained security and SOX-compliant policies, procedures, guidelines, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and management, using industry standards.
• Directed 90% virtualization of legacy server and storage providing redundancy and diversification.
• Collaborated with global security team to create security risk registry, developing implementation plan.
• Created a CUSTOMER FIRST /GET IT DONE culture with department members and collaborators. Kevin Rounds, Page 2
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY PERIMETER COLLEGE, Tucker, Georgia Assistant Director of IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Systems, 2010 Directed design and maintenance of enterprise IT infrastructure encompassing five sites across greater Atlanta metropolitan area. Managed diverse team of 11 skilled IT professionals in charge of resolving complicated issues within large, complex, and multisite computing environment. Oversaw all facets of server, SAN, database, backup/recovery, security, disaster recovery administration, and data center design. Proactively managed to ensure maximum security of all systems.
• Designed and deployed new campus, ensuring completion of all project aspects through effective management.
• Managed and maintained professional and technical staff to meet college/departmental mission and goals.
• Directed evaluation, design, development, and maintenance of all data center, server, and storage systems, including plans for business continuity and disaster recovery.
• Accounted for server and storage resources/assets as well as maximized use of resources to increase efficiency of infrastructure operations.
• Developed, implemented, and maintained appropriate policies, procedures, guidelines, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and management, using industry standards.
• Fully managed all vendor relationships to meet optimal business operational needs
• Designed and implemented operations monitoring and capacity planning best practices to ensure infrastructure services met existing and future requirements.
• Oversaw and evaluated infrastructure operating performance to achieve/exceed standards.
• Implemented and maintained infrastructure security measures for proper safeguarding of data center, server, and storage systems; assisted security personnel in integrating security into all aspects of IT environment.
• Headed SOX audit of related applications and infrastructure. S1 CORPORATION, Norcross, Georgia
Global Manager of IT Infrastructure, 1999-2009
Oversaw design, delivery, and maintenance of global core IT infrastructure encompassing 24 sites across U.S., Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. Led culturally diverse team of 23 skilled IT professionals in resolving complicated issues within large, global, and complex computing environment.
• Spearheaded standardization, deployment, repair, refresh cycle, maintenance, and upgrading of 2,600 computing systems.
• Reorganized first-/second-/third-level support for 1,700 users at 24 sites, raising customer satisfaction to 96%.
• Revised processes and policies to meet ticket SLA of 15-minute response time and four-hour resolution time.
• Negotiated domestic/international desktop pricing, resulting in 20% savings per unit.
• Created processes to decrease procurement, configuration, and deployment time of desktop computers by 40%.
• Reduced manual processes by 50% with resultant overhead cost savings.
• Planned and implemented desktop encryption solution, obtaining $500,000 ROI in first year.
• Administered $1,400,000 capital and $1,100,000 operating budgets.
• Consolidated and stabilized Windows and Linux servers, improving hardware uptime from 70% to 95% and reducing server count by 50%.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
B.S., Information Technology, Security Emphasis
Cloud Architecture Enterprise Architecture
Cisco UCS Servers
Windows Server 03/12/16