MIDDLE EAST REGION
AGILITY LOGISTICS PARKS
Seeking for a job opportunity with long-term employment nature, in position of electrical manager, senior electrical engineer, projects manager, real estate development manager, facility/ operation manager or similar role at projects management or real estate management domains.
Or, in position of director of engineering or chief engineer in hotels and resorts or similar role at hospitality domain. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Technically resourceful, detail oriented, goal focused and managerial talented professional in projects management with electrical engineering specialty and +12 years of experience.
My career profile have been grown and developed within two of top leading multinational companies in the world; at Dar Al-Handasah Consultants and at Agility Logistics Parks, in engineering consultancy and projects management domains.
I have excellent international experience to handle all electrical and low current systems and facilities for variant kinds of constructions, infrastructures, buildings, and complexes, in addition to warehouses, and logistics parks.
My professional profile expands to cover pre-construction engineering design, project engineering, tendering management, site supervision, construction management and project management.
I also have enough solid practice and background with mechanical systems (HVAC and firefighting).
Majority of projects in which I have participated are mega size projects with +200 million $.
8 years of engineering design experience for multiple prestigious projects in all Gulf countries.
3 years of construction management and site supervision experience (Oman for 2 years and Qatar for 1 year).
2 years of projects management experience as regional electrical manager for projects in Middle East countries. PERSONAL PARTICULARS
Born: 1984, Nationality: Egyptian
Languages: Arabic and English
Marital Status: Married, Residence Visa Status: GCC Visa Available Driving Licenses: Oman, Kuwait, Egypt
Work Location Preference (in order): Oman, UAE, Kuwait, and Lebanon EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree (Electrical Engineering), Cairo University, Egypt, 2006
(Overall Grade: Very good with honors degree 80%, Graduation Project: Distinction) PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
Member – Egyptian Syndicate of Engineers, since 2006 Member – Project Management Institute PMI-USA, since 2011 CONTACTS
Kuwait: Building 57, Al Moataz St., Salwa, Hawally, Kuwait (current) Oman: Building 359, Way No. 61, Bousher, Muscat, Oman (previous) Egypt: Building 4A, Zone 2, District 13, Zayed City, Cairo, Egypt (permanent) Mobile no.: +965-********(current mobile and WhatsApp), +2-010******** (available) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linked in profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saber-shaheen-electrical/ Page 2
Regional Manager – Electrical Engineering
Agility Logistics Parks – Middle East
JOB POSITION GOALS
• Development of Agility logistics parks, projects management and construction management of logistics parks infrastructure and mega size warehouses (ambient, air-conditioned, cold and frozen) in Middle East countries.
• Management of electrical engineering for projects with investments of +120 million $ per annum.
• Preparation and coordination of design works with design consultants during design phase.
• Quality control and cost management of electrical works during design phase.
• Tenders preparation and tenders management of electrical works during tendering stage.
• Engineering approvals for electrical drawings, materials, equipment and variation orders-submitted by contractors- for electrical works during construction phase.
• Technical coordination and support, monitoring compliance for electrical works during construction phase.
• Procurement and engineering approvals of electrical materials and equipment-supplied by Agility-for projects and maintenance requirements.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Dar Al-Handasah Consultants
Electrical Dept. – (Oman, Qatar and Egypt)
JOB PROFILE SNAPSHOTS
• 11 years continuous/ full time work experience in 16 no. different projects with Dar Al-Handasah Consultants.
• Participated in design duties for 14 no. of mega projects at Angola, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and United Arab Emirates and in project management & construction management duties for 2 no. of mega projects at Qatar and Oman.
• Insightful experience in all phases of engineering design, design review, value engineering and construction supervision of all electrical services and installations related to buildings, mixed-use developments, residential districts, hotels, schools, administration offices, commercial retails, resorts, hospitals, convention centers and theaters, boiler plants, street lighting, BRT networks and infrastructure utilities.
• Working experience spans 33/11kV primary substations, 11kV and 0.415kV distribution works, MV & LV switchgears, RMU’s, MDB & MCC panels, Generators, Transformers, Protection systems, Cables, CB, UPS& ATS systems, Earthing
& grounding, Lightning protection, Lighting, Lighting control, Small power, HVAC& BM systems, DDC outstations, Telephone, telecom, structural cabling & low current systems, Fire alarm, evacuation, firefighting & extinguishing systems, Security management, access control& CCTV systems, SMATV & video intercom systems. Specialized expertise in design of earthing and lightning protection systems.
• Well versed with all aspects of international codes and standards, construction methodologies, applicable regulations, site feasibilities, design, and testing & commissioning of MV/LV/ELV electrical systems and equipment.
• Proven wide experience with mechanical systems and equipment and their interconnection with electrical systems.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Oman MEDC regulations, Qatar KAHRAMA regulations, UAE DEWA regulations, Saudi Arabia SEC regulations, and Kuwait MEW regulations.
• Proven skills in leadership and team management, internal/external communications, multi-disciplinary coordination, technical report writing, official correspondences, stakeholders’ engagement, and project interface management for pre-construction design and site commissioning.
• Well versed with most of electrical technical softwares; ETAP, Ecodial, Gensize, Furse Assessment, Dialux, Schreder lighting, AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
KEY FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
AT DAR AL-HANDASAH CONSULTANTS
Main activities and responsibilities at design office – “Project Design Engineering”:
• Provide Design Engineering and Management Consultancy (DEMC) for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), of electrical and telecommunication systems and facilities for the construction projects.
• Develop design concept reports, layouts, schematics, SLDs, BOQs, specifications, datasheets, electrical load schedules, cable schedules, vendor list, etc.
• Coordinate with civil, architectural and mechanical disciplines to design layouts of electrical and telecommunication systems.
• Perform design calculations for electrical distribution schemes (in terms of load flow, fault level, voltage drop, protection systems, cable & equipment sizing), in addition to earthing & lightning protection systems, illumination, etc.
• Study the client requirements, and apply best common practices for electrical installations according to international standards and local regulations relevant the country where the project is located.
• Perform value engineering for projects to make sure achieving the design requirements with the optimum achievable cost.
• Responsible as a specialist for developing design of earthing and lightning protection systems for complex projects. Main activities and responsibilities at site office – “Site Supervision, Construction and Project Management”:
• Review submittals in terms of materials, bids, drawings, method statements, Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs), as-built drawings, as well as technical and progress documents.
• Review, recommend and implement on-site revisions to electrical designs and details to suit site conditions as appropriate and in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Attend technical and progress meetings with the different disciplines, client, contractor, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
• Ensure adherence to client project standards by the EPC Contractors, in the execution of the projects.
• Verify conformity of equipment and panels provided by the EPC Contractors with approved specifications stipulated in RFP/Contract Document and attend factory tests for vital equipment.
• Witness and approve installations, pre-commissioning& commissioning tests of HV/MV/LV/ELV electrical systems.
• Proactively liaise with civil and other MEP disciplines for onsite coordination to avoid execution clashes.
• Implement project execution as per program, and monitor day to day works to ensure adherence to construction schedule.
• Resolve all technical issues towards timely execution of project, in coordination with client, consultant & project manager.
• Attend coordination meetings for site works with all project disciplines and construction manager/project manager.
• Supervise and witness pre-commissioning and testing & commissioning activities of the electro-mechanical installations and equipment, (electrically related HVAC and Pluming equipment and pumps).
• Coordinate with the design team for the major site changes, evaluate and assess the implications on the project timing.
• Prepare the technical letters and correspondences, following up the site instructions, site clarification requests, receive/action Request for Information (RFI), etc. pertaining to electrical scope of work.
• Liaise with local authorities and ministerial agencies having jurisdiction over the project, such as MEDC, KAHRAMA, SEC, DEWA organizations; which approve and authorize compliance of project installations related to MV supply, and civil defense authority; which approve fire alarm and firefighting systems compliance.
• Review contractors' claims related to electrical works. Prepare recommendations for claims approval or rejection. Assist in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules. Page 4
JOB ROLE AND PROJECT LIST
AT DAR AL-HANDASAH CONSULTANTS
Senior Electrical Site Engineer – Muscat, Oman (Aug 2015 – July 2017) – 2 years Project #1: Taminat Complex
Mixed-use Development at Bausher, Oman (Owner: Public Authority for Social Insurance PASI) Main Role: Tender management, project and construction management and site supervision activities. Senior Electrical Design Engineer – Cairo, Egypt (Feb 2011 – Aug 2015) – 4.5 years Project #1: Shamiyah Expansion at Makkah, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Design review, approval of shop drawings, materials and bids. Project #2: Madinah Haram Expansion at Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed designs and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. Project #3: Riyadh Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Network at Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed designs and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. Project #4: Makkah First Ring Road and Bus Station at Makkah, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed designs and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. Project #5: Development of King Abdul Aziz Endowment for the Two Holy Mosques at Makkah, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Design review, approval of shop drawings, materials and bids. Electrical Site Engineer – Doha, Qatar (Mar 2010 – Feb 2011) – 1 year Project #1: The Pearl Qatar at Doha, Qatar
Main Role: Tender management, project and construction management and site supervision activities. Electrical Design Engineer – Cairo, Egypt (Oct 2006 – Mar 2010) – 3.5 years Project #1: King Saud University for Health Sciences at Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Design review, approval of shop drawings, materials and bids. Project #2: Princess Nora Bint Abdulrahman University (PNBAU) – building works - at Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed design (according to LEED requirements-12 registrations) and tender documents. With specialty in design of grounding, earthing and lightning protection for the whole project. Project #3: Princess Nora Bint Abdulrahman University – infrastructure works - at Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed designs and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. Project #4: Towers VB26, 27 and 28, the Pearl Qatar at Doha, Qatar Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed designs and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. Project #5: Centers for Facility Management, the Pearl Qatar at Doha, Qatar Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed designs and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. Project #6: Al-Gurm Resort and Residential Development at Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Main Role: Preparation of concept design report, master plans and project value engineering. Project #7: Abraj Al Bait Hills at Makkah, Saudi Arabia Main Role: Preparation of master plans, detailed design and tender documents, coordination with disciplines and authorities. With specialty in design of grounding, earthing and lightning protection systems for the whole project. Project #8: Transit and Vehicle National Directorate at Luanda, Angola Main Role: Preparation of master plans and detailed designs. Project #9: Gondwana Hotel at Angola
Main Role: Preparation of master plans and detailed designs. More details for handled projects are available at https://www.linkedin.com/in/saber-shaheen-electrical/ References are available upon request