Laboratory Technologist - LabSolutions LLC
My objective is to perform as a distinguishing asset for a promising laboratory or scientific body that aligns with my research and/or experiential interests. Work Experience
LabSolutions, LLC - Atlanta, GA
January 2018 to Present
• Performed Quality Control and instrument maintenance on various Beckman Coulter analyzers
(AU680, Dxi, Dxh). Ensured all calibrators and controls are within acceptance range on a daily basis and responded with proper remedial action in response to test systems being out of control limits.
• Screened patient results to detect critical values on the LabGen/Comtron LIH system and subsequently informed physicians of abnormal results.
• Prepared blood smear slides for Manual Differential microscope analysis and stained slides via Hematek staining instrument.
• Methodically entered sample and patient data into laboratory system. Resolved any discrepancies that pertained to patient demographic information for patient samples received.
• Received, processed, and conducted tests on patient samples in a high-volume setting. Prepared separate aliquots for sample send-outs to our reference laboratory.
• Utilized strong communication skills to create a cohesive, professional, and positive work environment with co-workers.
• Complied with all Government and Company protocols/procedures related to laboratory SOP's, specimen handling, reporting procedures, corrective action, and confidentiality Undergraduate Research Assistant
Department of Nutrition, Georgia State University - Atlanta, GA May 2016 to May 2017
•Principal Investigators, Dr. Huanbiao Mo and Dr. Desiree Wanders, May 2016-May 2017
•Research focus: Effects of tocotrienol and isoprenoids on cancer cell growth. In vitro models included 3T3-L1 adipocytes, SKOV-3 ovarian cancer cells, B-16 skin carcinoma cells, and murine hippocampal neuronal cells.
•Additional research focus: White and brown adipose tissue in response to dietary methionine restriction in mice.
•Techniques: cell culture, immunoblot analysis, primary with murine hippocampal neuronal cell culture, real-time polymerase chain reaction, reagent and solution preparation, cell viability assays, centrifuge usage, microscopy, incubation of samples, dilution, measuring mass and density, conversions Education
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Science and Dietetics, 2017 Georgia State University, College of Nursing and Health Professions - Atlanta, GA May 2016 to May 2017