High-achieving Pharmacy Technician offering experience in retail, long-term care, and an office setting. Recognized for efficiently and accurately performing all Pharmacy Technician duties while working in a fast-paced setting. Detail- oriented with a drive to maintain high-quality assurance. WORK HISTORY
Pharmacy Technician, 02/2016 to 08/2016
Haslet Pharmacy – Haslet, TX
• Reviewed and verified customer information and insurance provider information.
• Resolved non-routine issues like third-party billing, computer system and customer service issues.
• Compounded non-sterile medications following standard procedures.
• Counted and labeled prescriptions with correct item and quantity.
• Accurately entered prescriptions into the patient's profile.
• Communicated with prescribers to verify medication dosages, refill authorizations and patient information.
• Answered phone calls and provided outstanding customer service while answering patients' questions.
• Set up and modified patient profiles in the Pharmacy's computer system to include current information such as medications and insurance details.
Pharmacy Technician, 03/2015 to 01/2016
Trinity Apothecary – Carrollton, TX
• Properly filled and dispensed a large volume of prescriptions per day.
• Worked with both on demand and cycle prescriptions for hospice/long-term car facilities.
• Assessed the correct identity, strength and quantity of medications.
• Regularly stocked shelves and checked for expired medications.
• Verified and labeled prescriptions.
• Packed prescriptions using both blister packs and bottles.
• Accurate data entry of prescriptions.
Pharmacy Technician, 01/2015 to 01/2015
Humana – Irving, TX
• Worked in the failed claims department.
• Dealt with a variety of failed claims codes.
• Ensured patient details were accurate and matched. Pharmacy Technician, 10/2014 to 12/2014
CVS Caremark – Richardson, TX
• Validated incoming fax documents to ensure accuracy and completion of required information for prior- authorizations.
• Retrieved missing information on prior-authorization documents by reaching out to healthcare providers.
• Answered incoming phone calls and walked the healthcare provider through the medication's prior-authorization process.
Bachelor of Science: Accounting, Currently Pursuing Tarrant County College / University Of Texas At Arlington - Arlington, Texas Current GPA 4.0