Judith Lynne Baker
San Diego, CA 92111
Clinical Work Experience
Holistic Caring San Diego, CA (March 2018-present) Nurse Educator, Case Manager
Broad Reach Hospice and Palliative Care Chatham, MA (November 2014-December 2016) Per-diem RNCM, Per-diem Admissions Nurse (approximately 30 hours a week) Visiting Nurses Association of Cape Cod Dennis, MA (March 2014-July 2014) Full-time Staff RNCM, Admissions RN, Float RN
Hope Health Inc. Hyannis, MA (February 2010- January 2014) Inpatient hospice ICU Night Charge Nurse, Admissions Nurse, Case Manager, Triage Nurse, After Hours on Call Nurse (4p-8A)
Cumulative Clinical Job Responsibilities
• Completed initial hospice admission assessments, facilitated MD discussion r/t hospice eligibility decisions, documented admission process, reconciled medications and ordered comfort kit medications, wound dressings, IV supplies and DME.
• Facilitated family meetings and discharge planning at routine and GIP levels of care in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and in home.
• Identified patient/caregiver/family psycho/social/medical needs and concerns to optimize integrated plan of care.
• Presented patient status at IDT meetings r/t hospice recertification.
• Supervised LPNs, HHAs, administrative and kitchen staff when functioning as “Charge Nurse” at the McCarthy Care Center.
• Provided direct patient care in variety of emergent situations in both acute medical settings and at home.
• Provided ongoing patient/caregiver education related to hospice services, pain and symptom management, patient repositioning, use of equipment, safety, wound and IV care protocols, and end of life.
• Maintained accurate, timely documentation related to visits, plan of care, and orders.
• Communicated with PCPs, specialist MDs, hospitalists, hospice medical directors, contract physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacies and medical suppliers regarding each patient’s plan of care.
• Coordinated and managed treatment regimens including TPN, G-Tube feeding, Pleurex drains, O2 therapy and Foley catheters.
Integrated Wellness Career Highlights
American College of Sports Medicine / Fitness Resource Associates Boston, MA (1990-2007) ACSM Certification Specialist responsible for the development of national aerobic, personal training, resistance training, and yoga certification workshops and exams. Cooperative Extension Service, University of Massachusetts Boston, MA (1981-1989) Community Outreach Extension Agent responsible for presenting health promotion programs within the Boston community.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing University of Massachusetts Boston, MA (2009) One of 30 candidates selected for admission to the first graduating class of a competitive 2nd
Bachelors/Accelerated Nursing Program.
Masters in Education, Health Promotion Cambridge College Cambridge, MA (1987) Bachelor of Science, Plant and Soil Sciences University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA (1977) Professional Training and Certifications
• ELNEC (end of life) Training
• Stress Reduction Professional Teacher Training Program, U Mass Medical Center with John Kabat Zinn
• Wound care
• Alzheimer’s Certification
• National Yoga Alliance Registered /Certified American Viniyoga Teacher, American Viniyoga Institute (E-RYT 500 hours),
• Kripalu Yoga Certified Teacher/Mentor (200 hours)
• Certified Nursing Assistant, American Red Cross
• Hospice Training, VNA Care, Visiting Nurses Association
• Certified Health Exercise Specialist and Personal Trainer, American College of Sports Medicine
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist: National Strength and Conditioning Association
• Surgical Intensive Care Unit Preceptorship, VA Hospital, West Roxbury, MA
• Phlebotomy Certification, Mass Bay Community College, Clinical Internship Leonard Morse Hospital
• BLS CPR Certified
Hospice Volunteer Tippett House, VNA Hospice Care Dedham, MA Boston Marathon Running Coach and Fundraiser Dana Farber Cancer Institute Boston, MA