AUSTIN M. LANG
609-***-**** : email@example.com
Arlington, VA 22207
To obtain an entry-level business analyst position and utilize my skills in calculating key statistical measures and applying process improvement practices to help achieve the company’s goals. EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA August 2013 - May 2017 Bachelor of Applied Science, Economics - College of Science Business Leadership Minor - Pamplin College of Business
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (License # 2520-14766) October 2016 Industrial Systems Engineering Department, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
• Relevant Courses
Project Management, Networking, Data Analysis, Data Interpretation, Consulting, Game Theory, Behavioral Economics, Experimental Economics, Decision Making, Analysis of Economic Data TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word
• Animation Software - AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor
• Statistical Computing - RStudio
• Bulk Email Software - MailChimp
• Strong Communication and Teamwork Skills
• Knowledge of data and requirements gathering techniques such as interviews, surveys, and case studies
• Ability to collect and compile business data to define and communicate business requirements PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Beacon Hill Staffing Group, Washington, DC - Staffing Consultant July 2017 - Present
• Build and maintain a network of professional candidates by sourcing with tools such as LinkedIn, Erecruit, Dice, CareerBuilder, Monster, ClearanceJobs, and Indeed.
• Conduct in-person interviews and evaluate candidate responses to identify talented job seekers.
• Consult with Hiring Managers and client personnel to define job requirements and qualifications.
• Responsible for continuously updating and sustaining in-house recruiter database for future pipelines.
• Establish positive candidate relationships through a defined interview-to-hire process.
• Consistently increase monthly output to achieve multiple Top Producer awards.
• Regional Home Inspection Services of NJ, Medford, NJ - Office Intern May 2015 - August 2016
• Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining an on-going mass email marketing application.
• Evaluate marketing application client feedback to improve business development strategy.
• Generate detailed inspection reports presented to clients using Professional Inspection Software.
• Communicate with clients, realtors, and home inspectors to gather requirements and organize schedule.
• Aid home inspectors with identifying and communicating any and all structural or system defects. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Senior Project, Analysis of Economic Data Spring 2017
• Interview the VP of a Human Resource company headquartered in Roanoke, VA with a goal to define the concerns and needs of millennials in the workplace.
• Create and manage various surveys over multiple online platforms to collect unbiased data.
• Analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative sample data collected.
• Construct final report and presentation of summary of findings to be presented to client.
• Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Virginia Tech. September 2013 - Present
• Founding Father of the Nu Prime Chapter
• Financial Chair - Executive Council - budget chapter funds
• Social Chair - plan and organize social events