CLINT PETTY, CNE, CNI
New York, NY *****
SUMMARY: Over 25 years of progressive responsibilities in Systems Administration, Architecture & IT Engineering, Network Management, Teaching, Programming, Technical Support, and R & D.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Linux, UNIX, Windows, Netware, VMware ESXi 4.x - 6.x, RHEV, Opsware, C & C++ programming, Perl, Shell Scripting, HTML, AFS, QFS, ZFS, Samba, MS Office & MS Project, Symantec NetBackup 7.6, Apache, Sun Grid Engine, Sun StorEdge, Sun Directory Server & Identity Manager, OpenLDAP, OpenVPN, PPTP, BIND DNS, TCP/IP & related protocols.
Possess an active Secret security clearance.
10 Months PROGISTICS DISTRIBUTION – Full Time Permanent, Remote/Work from Home
7/17-4/18 Sr. Linux Administrator/Architect; CentOS, Ubuntu, VMware
* Designed, engineered, built, and configured new computing system infrastructure, to replace existing outdated 10 year old infrastructure.
* The new infrastructure consisted of two FortiGate 100E routes/firewalls, two HP FlexFabric 5700 Switches, 42 TB HP Nimble CS1000 SAN Array, three HP DL360 servers, running VMware 6.5 Standard, with 15 VMs, all running on 10Gb connections.
* This new infrastructure ran on a private cloud, using Unitrends for backups, and Unitrends external public cloud for Disaster Recovery.
* Letter of Recommendation available upon request.
2 Years CALNET, POINT LOMA NAVY BASE – Full Time Permanent, San Diego, CA
3/14-3/16 Sr. Linux Adminstrator; Member of the Infrastructure, Engineering, & Cybersecurity teams; Red Hat Linux, SElinux, SUSE Linux, VMware, Perl
* On the Infrastructure team I was responsible for administering all Infrastructure Linux servers, BIND DNS, NetBackup, Zenoss, and Splunk in a Consolidated Data Center.
* Installed and configured a Spunk architecture (Forwarders, Indexers, Search Head, & Deployment server) hardware, and software. Installed Splunk Agents to send log files to one of the Splunk Indexers.
* On the Engineering team I was responsible for the architecture, integration and standing up of new servers, services, and tools, to meet customer and Infrastructure needs (i.e. LDAP, RHEL Satellite, Splunk, Zenoss, etc). This entailed knowing the Application Integration processes, and using Product Lifecycle Management processes and procedures. Performed technical analysis for integration of applications and systems within Spawar. This required a technical understanding of how the Application would fit into our existing network functional specifications, to determine and resolve requirement gaps.
* On the Cybersecurity team I was responsible for STIGing (hardening) all servers, and addressing and fixing all vulnerabilities presented from our security scans. Installed and configured a new RHEL Satellite server to push out patches to all of our Linux/UNIX servers.
* Provided complete procedural documentation on my tasks, and trained HP personnel to resume my job duties.
6 Months LUTH RESEARCH – Contract, San Diego, CA
7/13-12/13 LDAP Consultant/Architect; CentOS, OpenLDAP, OpenVPN, PopTop, Radius, StrongSwan
* Installed and configured multiple OpenLDAP servers, OpenVPN servers, PPTP servers, Radius servers, and StrongSwan servers, all under multiple load balancers. These servers were all configured to authenticate through a pair of mirror mode replicated OpenLDAP servers.
* Engineered and presented this authentication process to Management and co-workers via a PowerPoint presentation.
* Provided complete documentation on the engineering, building, installation, and configuration of this authentication system.
6 Months TRACE3 - Contract, San Diego, CA
10/12-4/13 Sr, IT Engineer; Red Hat Linux, RHEV, VMware
* Setup & configured HP chassis, blades, hypervisors, and VMs.
* Resolved trouble tickets in an AFS environment, using custom in-house tools.
* Supported thousands of Linux servers in an enterprise environment, using RHEV.
6 Months ANGLICOTECH – Full Time Permanent, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA
2/12-8/12 Sr. Linux Systems Administrator; Red Hat Linux, VMware
* Deployed a portable computing system which included setup, configuration, trouble shooting, and maintaining this system. It ran ESX 4.1 and RHEL 5.8 on an HP DL360 server. Other hardware included a NetApps SAN, Fortigate firewall, Riverbed WAN Accelerator & Controller.
* Formally documented this build process procedure.
3 Months STRATEGIC DATA SYSTEMS - Contract, Coronado Navy/Air Base, Coronado, CA
10/11-12/11 Sr. Systems Administrator/Architect; Solaris UNIX
* Architected, installed & configured four Solaris Jumpstart servers, four Oracle VM servers (former known as LDOMs), and 32 VMs.
* Security hardened five servers.
* Documented the installation and configuration of the Solaris Jumpstart servers and Oracle VM servers.
12 Years LOCKHEED MARTIN (IS&GS, EBS) – Full Time Permanent, San Diego, Sunnyvale & San 2/99-5/11 Jose, CA
7/10-5/11 Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator; Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris UNIX, VMware; San Diego
* Setup, configured, and managed site's VMware ESXi 4.1 infrastructure, including 44 hosts, with over 100 VMs, external iSCSI storage, and SAN, on seven IBM BladeCenter S chassis.
* Sole Unix Administrator responsible for all aspects of installation, configuration, managing, and maintaining resources on the site’s networks.
* Installed and configured Solaris 10, ZFS, and RaidZ on a new Sun Sparc T4-1 server.
* Administered DNS tables, firewalls, NIS, LDAP, NFS, etc.
10/03-6/10 Staff System Administrator/Architect; Solaris UNIX, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2003 & 2008; Sunnyvale
* Site Technical Lead on project to architect and develop an automated data control center, utilizing High Performance Computing for an Enterprise Architecture.
* Liaison for interacting with other remote sites, working closely with Software Developers, Database Administrators, Network Administrators, and QA personnel.
* Researched, designed and installed: 60TB fibre channel SAN (Sun StorEdge) system; SUN server farm for Grid Computing; and an enterprise Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
* Project Lead responsible for implementing of an enterprise LDAP solution, using SUN DSEE 6.3.1, and SUN Identity Manager 8.1 to manage UNIX, Linux, Active Directory, Remedy, and other resources.
* Wrote automated network throughput test to monitor OC-12 connections on hourly basis.
* Responsible in implementing data replication and service take over between remote sites, a time-sync solution, and security hardening of all servers and workstations on our WAN.
* Assisted in implementing ArcSight monitoring and Etrust Access Control on network.
* Wrote numerous scripts to automate our enterprise system administration tasks, to be used by HP’s Opsware Server Automation System tool.
* Presented and wrote white papers on many research projects.
* Designed and documented processes and procedures.
* Received a “Special Recognition Award of Excellence” award for my above listed work.
4/03-10/03 Staff Software Engineer; Windows NT & 2000, Red Hat Linux; San Jose
* Researched and tested for security vulnerabilities on numerous type networks.
* Set up test lab with different O/S platforms.
* Wrote automated scripts for testing purposes.
2/99-4/03 Staff System Administrator/Architect; UNIX (Solaris & AIX), Windows NT & 2000; San Jose
* Responsible for maintaining a high availability (24/7) environment.
* Project lead on numerous projects.
* Designed and built SUN networks.
* Built Netscape Enterprise servers & portal in Solaris environment.
* Installed numerous UNIX, NT and java applications (JDK, Jrun, Jconnect, etc.).
* Built an Oracle transparent gateway (Sybase to Oracle).
* Implemented Raid 1, 5, and 10 on SUN servers.
* Wrote shell scripts to automate the changing of IP addresses on Sun and AIX machines.
8 years MISSION COLLEGE – Part Time, Santa Clara, CA
1/00-4/08 Instructor; UNIX, TCP/IP
* Taught Intro UNIX System Administration, Advanced UNIX System Administration, & TCP/IP.
5 years DE ANZA COLLEGE – Part Time, Cupertino, CA
9/98-4/04 Instructor; Windows NT, Networking
* Taught NT Networking Essentials, & Local Area Networks.
3 years NORWEST VENTURE CAPITAL – Part Time, Palo Alto, CA
2/98-12/00 Network Consultant/Architect; Netware
* Manage & modify network.
* Sole person responsible for Palo Alto LAN operations.
* Installed Window NT Raptor firewall server and implemented an anti-virus protection solution.
* Installed remote communication server and remote ISDN & DSL connections.
* Monitored network along with trouble shooting and fixing client, server, and network problems.
2 years COLLEGE of SAN MATEO – Part Time, San Mateo, CA
8/98-5/00 Instructor; Netware
* Taught Networking Technologies, Netware 4.11 Administration, Principles of Network Design and Management.
2 months EDS - Contract, San Jose, CA
6/98-7/98 Consultant; UNIX (Solaris, AIX)
* Assisted in IP address migration on 55 servers (intranet to internet).
3 months BANK of LOS ALTOS – Contract, Los Altos, CA
2/98-4/98 Network Consultant/Architect; Netware
* Upgraded & modified network.
* Migrated Netware 3.12 to 4.11 servers. Merged, configured, and synchronized servers to MAN.
* Implemented Y2K process by upgrading PC’s hardware and software.
1 month USWEB – Contract, San Jose, CA
11/97-11/97 Consultant/Member on Test Advisory Committee; Networking
* Wrote certification test questions.
3 months GLORIA JEANS COFFEE – Contract, Castroville, CA
9/97-11/97 MIS Manager; Netware
* Managed & modified network.
* Managed and implemented all routine networking functions.
* Organized a disaster recovery system, along with network documentation.
* Setup an automated shipping system.
3 months ELAN MODELS – Contract, Santa Clara, CA
7/97-9/97 Technical Consultant; HTML
* Designed & created web site & pages.
3 months KITTY PETTY ADD/LD INSTITUTE - Contract, Palo Alto, CA
5/97-7/97 Technical Consultant; HTML
* Designed & created web pages.
4 Years MASTERS INSTITUTE – Full Time Permanent, San Jose, CA
6/93-5/97 Instructor; UNIX (Solaris), Netware, C, MS-DOS
* Developed and taught: UNIX, UNIX ADMINISTRATION, C, MS-DOS and P.C. hardware courses to students working toward their A.S. Degree in Systems Administration.
* Taught numerous Novell courses to prospective Certified Novell Engineers (C.N.E.s).
* Received Certificate of Achievement/Award of Excellence for student attendance in my classes.
11 months CH.A.D.D. - Contract, Palo Alto, CA
7/92-5/93 Technical Consultant; DBASE III+, Report Writer
* Set-up and managed database.
1 Year FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (F.D.I.C) – Full Time Permanent, San Jose, CA
3/91-3/92 E.D.P. Tech. /Programmer; Lotus 123, DBASE III+, C
* Provided group technical support on applications to manage data and generate financial reports.
* Wrote C programs and Lotus 123 macros to automate financial tracking; resulting in improved accuracy, while saving user time.
2 months MEDALLION MORTGAGE - Contract, San Jose, CA
2/91-3/91 Programmer/Analyst; C programming;
* Wrote translator for new compiler.
3 months TOBY ENTERPRISES - Contract, Cupertino, CA
11/90-1/91 Consultant; C programming
* Wrote X,Y coordinate generator.
6 Years VERSATEC (Xerox) Corp. & Palo Alto Research Center (P.A.R.C.) - Full Time Permanent, Santa Clara & Palo Alto, CA
3/82-10/88 Senior Engineering Technician; C, SuperCalc
* Set up computer system for Research Department including numerous applications.
* Trained end users.
* Participated in new product R & D as team member of Advanced Product Development group at P.A.R.C.
* Researched and optimized computer peripheral performance.
* Wrote programs that resulted in an improved research data evaluation system.
7/07-3/09 CAPELLA UNIVERSITY, Minneapolis, MN; B.S. Degree in Information Technology (Graduated Summa Cum Laude)
1/89-9/90 DE ANZA COLLEGE, Cupertino, CA. A.S. Degree in Systems Programming
3/14 Linux+ Certified
6/12 Security+ Certified
6/01 SUN Certified System Administrator for Solaris
4/97 C.N.E. (Certified Novell Engineer)
8/96 C.N.I. (Certified Novell Instructor)
2/99-6/12 Other Certified Courses:
SUN Solaris 7.0 System Administration I & II
SUN Solaris 10 OS System Administration Upgrade
SUN System Performance Management
Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHCE Training Course – RH300
Opsware Server Automation System
Symantec Disaster Recovery Using VVR 4.x & Global Cluster VCS 4.x for Solaris
Veritas NetBackup 6.5 for UNIX and Windows
Computer Associates Etrust Access Control: For UNIX Administrator
IBM AIX v.4.3 System Administration & Advanced System Administration
VMware vSphere 4.1: Install, Configure, and Management
4/87 Graduate Dale Carnegie, Effective Speaking & Human Relations (49 hr. course)