University of Colorado
Graduate Design Engineer – PopSockets LLC August 2018 - Present
• Participated in ideation and design evaluation of next generation PopSockets products as part of graduate design program.
Research Assistant December 2017 – Present
• Designed a novel microreactor to study the chemical kinetics of renewable fuel sources, which operates at steady-flow conditions, using CFD and computational modeling techniques.
• Evaluated material candidates that are non-reactive and sustain ultra-high temperatures (up to 2000 K) for fabrication and manufacturing using additive techniques of the aforementioned microreactors. Tata Advanced Systems Ltd., INDIA June 2014 – June 2017 Manufacturing Engineer – Lead
• Redesigned 25% of the engineering definition for helicopter structures to match as-built condition to meet First Article Inspection requirements.
• Formulated process plans and carried out engineering analysis for assembly of helicopter air-frame structures and control surfaces – 300 assembly instruction plans created.
• Resolved supplier technical queries and improved average query initial response time to less than 24 hours.
• Managed SAP ERP system for assembly process - established Material Master for 9 critical assemblies in less than 6 months.
• Forecasted material availability and optimized resource handling for assembly and painting of 4 variants of air-to-air refueling structures, with no cases of material shortage reported over 6 months.
• Coordinated and managed the delivery of critical helicopter fuselage integration sub-structure. Supervised assembly of 12 structures, on time with zero major defects. Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), INDIA July 2013 – May 2014 Research Intern
• Implemented final year project titled ‘Thermodynamic Analysis of Combustion in Internal Combustion Engines’.
• Created software-based module using numerical methods to analyze performance of Internal Combustion engines and output data which predicts engine performance.
• Validated the results of the model with experimental test cases of the Combustion, Gasification and Propulsion Laboratory, IISc. and obtained efficiency values with 5-7% error. Jatinder Sampathkumar
1931 Grove Street, Boulder – Colorado 80302
email@example.com 650-***-**** LinkedIn/jatindersampathkumar EDUCATION
University of Colorado (Anticipated Graduation) May 2019 Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.80/4.00
• Focus area – Design
• Coursework – Advanced Product Design, Design for Manufacturability, Materials Structure and Engineering, Soft Machines, Anatomy for Engineers, Introduction to Combustion, Systems Eng. BMS College of Engineering, BANGALORE, INDIA Graduated June 2014 Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering GPA: 8.65/10
• Coursework –Design of Machine Elements, Mechanics of materials, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Product design and Manufacturing, Manufacturing Processes, Production Planning
• Recipient of scholarship under central sector scheme, awarded by the Government of Karnataka SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Design, Manufacturing, Materials and Process Engineering MODELLING TOOLS: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ANSYS, FLUENT ANALYTICAL TOOLS: MATLAB, COMSOL, ABAQUS, Python
Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Configuration Management, Process Planning, Drawing and Engineering Data Interpretation, Sheet metal processing, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement Processes, Machining, Additive Manufacturing, Injection Molding SELECTED ACADEMIC AND INDUSTRY PROJECTS
• Designed and prototyped, an innovative bike cargo storage system using a user-centered design approach.
• Designed, developed and optimized using Design for Manufacturability principles a temperature control system along with integrating unique safety features and enhanced aesthetics.
• Conceptualized and built a unique fluid delivery system for advanced multi fuel combustion analysis.
• Created a plant level software tool to monitor and assembly performance across twenty-one stages of assembly.
• Evaluated tooling performance and recommended process and tool redesign in precision turned components to reduce material rejection by over fifteen percent.
• Developed and implemented material movement and process planning tailored to unique customer requirements for different aircraft structures.
• Led suspension design team in the creation of vehicle suspension system for BMSCE’s official entry to the SAE Supra Racing event.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Recognized for contribution to transition of combat helicopter assembly program by Boeing Defense Systems and Tata Advanced Systems.
• Special appreciation from the leadership at Cobham Mission Systems and Tata Advanced Systems Limited for the efforts made towards delivering the first Indian made air to air refueling structure.
• ‘Student of the Year Citation and Award’ at the ‘International Conference on Advanced Research in Mechanical Engineering’, 2013.
• Certified by Boeing for Application of Root Cause Corrective Action procedures
• Certified in Process Proofing by Harvard Mentor Manager and Tata Management Training Center PUBLICATIONS
• Jatinder Sampathkumar, Ankita Prakash, Ankur Manikandan, Karthik N, ‘Thermodynamic Analysis of Combustion in Spark and Compression Ignition Engines’, International Conference on Advanced Research in Mechanical Engineering, Hyderabad 2013 (‘Undergraduate Academic Research Journal
(UARJ) ISSN: 2278 – 1129)
• Tianzhu Fan, Jatinder Sampathkumar, Cory Rogers, John W. Daily, G. Barney Ellison, Nicole J. Labbe. ‘Numerical Design of a Novel Microreactor to Study Short Residence Time Combustion’ To be submitted to Review of Scientific Instruments.