Operations Supervisor - Pacific Ethanol
Biloxi, MS 39532
Operations management specialist with in depth experience monitoring business processes and creating strategies to enhance productivity. Currently looking to meet consumer needs in an operations management capacity.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
2015 to Present
• Supervise over 50 employees
• Achieving manufacturing results by effectively communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and assessing job results.
• Coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
• Introducing, coordinating and enforcing company policies.
• Maintains work performance by recruiting, interviewing, orientating and training new employees.
• Maintains work flow by closely watching production process, setting process variables, continually monitoring the control points and equipment. Studying methods and implementing cost reductions.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning staff, completing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, reviewing schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
• Continues professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
2000 to Present
2014 to 2015
Distributes work orders to departments, denoting number, type, and proposed completion date of units to be produced.
• Discusses with department supervisors to determine development of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received from methods or engineering departments.
• Accumulates reports concerning progress of work and downtime due to failures of machines and equipment to apprise production planning personnel of production delays.
• Maintains inventory of materials and parts needed to complete production. Control Room Operator
2000 to 2014
• Adhere to plant operational measures for production goal achievement and handle work safely.
• Input operational system status with appropriate journals and control system tools.
• Increase awareness of system operating requirements and trends and suggest operating adjustment suggestions.
• Manage electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities with the competency of a plant operator.
• Reply to production floor requests and machine stoppage alerts.
• Handle equipment maintenance and tagout as per standard operating procedures. Skills
MAINTENANCE, PRODUCTION PROCESS, BOILERS, QUALITY ASSURANCE, Supervising, Contract Negotiation
• Able to train employees on required skills
• Capable to manage money and services needed for production
• Able to schedule maintenance required for production
• Excellent knowledge of raw material, production process, quality assurance, cost and techniques
• Over eighteen years in the production field
• Outstanding knowledge of machinery and tools
• Remarkable communication skills
• Exceptional experience with maintaining boilers, cooling towers, merco bowls, grain elevators, and various wet mill/dry mill machinery