Ugochukwu Richard Chukwuemeka
**** ********** ** *****-**** TX, 78664
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/richard-ugo-chukwuemeka Cell: 737-***-****
• 7 years of networking experience including designing, implementing, troubleshooting, upgrading, migrating and technical documentation of LAN and WAN network systems in multivendor enterprise, datacentre and managed services provider (MSP) environments.
• 7 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, RIPv2 and EIGRP; Layer 2 protocols including LACP, spanning-tree – PVST, R-PVST, MSTP; FHRP including HSRP and VRRP on multivendor platforms.
• 5 years of experience with Cisco Catalyst Switches and routers; 4 years of experience in implementing and supporting Nexus switches - 7Ks, 5K and 2K Fabric Extenders.
• 3 years of experience managing firewalls using vendor centralize management tool like Cisco Security Manager (Cisco ASA), and Checkpoint Multi Domain Server (Checkpoint)
• 3 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting VPN technologies including IPsec site-to- site VPNs and DMVPN, NAT, AMP and firewall security policies.
• 2 years of Next-Generation Firewalls implementation and support of FTD (firepower thread defence), IPS ( Intrusion prevention system) experience, including Cisco ASA – 5516, 5525, 5545, and 5555, Checkpoint – CP5000, CP15000, CP23000, Juniper SRX 240, 300 and Fortieth Fortigate NGFW
• 6 months of experience configuring Amazon Web Services network and security related technologies such as VPC, EC2, security groups, Network Access Control Lists, VPC peering, and Direct connect.
• Cisco Certified Network Internetwork Expert (CCIE R/S written exam)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP)
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA)
• Amazon Wed Services Certified Solutions Architect – AWS-CSA
• VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Centre Virtualization - VMware
• IMPLIMENTING MICROSOFT AZURE INFRACSTRUTURE SOLUTION (including Server 2016)
• MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• MCSA: Windows Server 2016
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• Information Technology Certificate of Proficiency
• *** Associated badges can be accessed via LinkedIn WORK EXPERIENCE
CMIT Solutions of Austin – Downtown and West Austin, United-States Network Engineer (2018 - Current Position)
• Provides L3 guidance, to both L1/L2 team in processing tickets. For issues related to installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintenance of various on site and cloud based network solutions.
• Performed troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure, including routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and various Network Security Operations.
• Participate in conference calls with different vendor teams or project head to troubleshoot critical issues while adhering to compliance and quality ideologies of the networking industry.
• Perform installation, configuration and administration of Windows servers 2008-2012, Active directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP and Operating System under various LAN and WAN environments
• Perform installation, configuration and administration of various virtualized systems for different small business and large scale cloud ventures using VMware NSX and AWS.
• Utilize monitoring tools such as network packet and capture tools such as Wire-shark for Network performance and troubleshooting.
• First point of contact to different subject matters in relation to infrastructural Network uptime optimization.
• Migrated existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from Pre-Shared key to Certificate in order to meet current and future business requirements and operational objectives.
• Utilize various remote monitoring and maintain tools such as Continuum, to access, trouble- shoot and configure different small business enterprises. SSDN Technology
Network and System Administrator (February 2016 – August 2017)
• Performed security audits of perimeter routers and identified missing ACL's.
• Worked with onsite and offshore teams / clients for day to day operations that involved vulnerability management and device compliance maintenance.
• Implemented various network parameters which include ACLs, Route-maps and prefix-lists to achieve a suite of network segregations and path manipulations to suit client needs.
• Provided guidance to L1/L2 team to process the tickets for issues related to installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintenance of Cisco devices such as Cisco Nexus Switches using Cisco IOS 12.x and 15.x versions.
• Conducted troubleshooting and worked on complex LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Worked with different vendor teams under Cisco, Juniper and Arista for network issue resolution.
• Created various VPN and tunnel encapsulation protocols to include MPLS, VxLAN, Layer 2 / Layer 3 VPN under various vendors like Cisco, Arista etc.
• Used various path manipulation techniques such as (UCMP) unequal cost multi-path, MED, as-path attributes and local preference to achieve load balancing under various vendor platforms.
• Participated in conference calls with different vendor teams to troubleshoot critical issues while adhering to compliance and quality ideologies.
• Resolved tickets in adherence to the SLAs.
• Performed installation, configuration and administration of Windows servers 2000/2003, Active directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP and Linux OS under various LAN and WAN environments.
• Provided recommendations, suggestions and reports to maintain optimum network uptime for different client needs.
• Conducted documentation and change control.
Rock-Fort System Technology Lagos, Nigeria
Network Administrator (February 2015 – June 2016)
• Implemented security policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL and VPN
• Utilized monitoring tools such as network packet and capture tools such as Wire-shark, etc.
• Performed installation, configuration and administration of Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP under various LAN and WAN environments.
• Migrated existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from Pre-Shared key to Certificate.
• Replaced branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
• Conducted security audits of perimeter routers and identified missing ACL’s.
• Performed troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure, including routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
WEBSOFT NIGERIA Lagos, Nigeria
Marketing Executive (May 2012 – September 2014)
• Identified, developed and communicated concepts through the utilization of multiple protocols and media using Integrated Online Communications with a focus on Internet based communications.
• Assisted with insurance industry break into the retail market.
• Assisted banks with deployment large mobile messaging platforms. EDUCATION
Nnamdi Azikiwe University – Awka, Nigeria
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (2004 – 2009) Nnamdi Azikiwe University – Awka, Nigeria
University Mandatory Information Technology Training (2007) Afri-Hub Abuja
(CCNA Training) Nigeria (2009-2010)
(CCIE Training Facility) India (2016-2017)
SSDN Networking Academy
(Microsoft Certification Training) India (2018)
• Cisco, Juniper and Arista routers and switches
• Network security and Cloud computing (AWS and Azure)
• Virtualization (VMware)
• TCP/IP Protocols and various routing protocols RIP, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP etc.
• Redistribution using IP SLA, PBR, MPLS, L2 and L3 VPNs, DMVPN, IP Multicast and QOS.
• Creation and application of Access-lists, Route-maps and Prefix-lists to meet security requirements.
• Basic knowledge of Python scripting