ROYANA ANAND http://linkedin.com/in/royana/
510-***-**** 1531 MILVIA STREET, BERKELEY, CA, 94709 firstname.lastname@example.org EXPERIENCE
Financial Analyst at E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. April’18 – Present
• Tracking and reporting multiple financial KPIs to leadership on a monthly basis including revenue, gross margin, staffing profile, opportunities, backlog, etc. for use in decision-making.
• Prepare weekly and monthly project management reports, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to Operations partners.
• Defining the annual budget across projects including revenue and cost projections, operating profit and P&L view development.
• Collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions.
• Extract data from Deltek and perform ad-hoc analysis and status reports as required to meet management requirements. Data Analyst at Stanford University (Contract) Sept’17 – April’18
• Worked on Big Data Cleaning, Mapping, Web Scrapping and data validation to maintain the integrity of the data
• Analyzed the states data to identify the patterns and problem solving.
• Worked on different projects internally to clean, manage and find the insights from the data.
• Coordinated with the engineers and manager to present the insights from the data set.
• Eliminated variations in data and coordinated with team for the missing data and additional information required for analysis.
• Used Stata, Excel,SQL and Python packages for writing the scripts ( Pandas, numpy packages) Student Assistant at University of California, Santa Cruz (Part Time) Sept’16 – June’17
• Helped in conducting exams for Social Sciences Division at University of California, Santa Cruz.
• Provided appropriate escalation of any issue or incident and a written report of the test event at the end of the event according to conditions and requirements established by the Disability Resource Center (DRC) and the instructor for the course.
• Verified the arrangement of testing rooms and conducted administering exams session. Finance Analyst at JMC Aug’14 – May’16
• Provided analysis and feedback on ways to collect, distribute, and compare data on expert forecasts on experimental outcomes.
• Collected historical data from the empirical studies of advertising elasticity and used pivot tables to create a management dashboard tracking consumers demand.
• Executed financial testing on the accuracy of consumer’s billings and accounts receivables for over 5000 consumers.
• Developed financial models to project future revenue of different pricing scenarios to facilitate decision-making process for senior management regarding launching new product and entering new market.
• Partnered with Marketing and Operations, developed and maintained reports on KPI metrics for capturing insights on customer shopping behaviors, delivery accuracy and order fulfillment; performed data validation, troubleshot issues.
• Predicted future advertising elasticities by building predictive models. (Linear and exponential models)
• Managed research budget and financial data for investigators and communicate with other departments or vendor to solve potential issues.
• Conducted daily analysis by market research and extracted findings to create reports. Analyst at The Blind Relief Association (Part Time) Aug’12 – July’14
• Drove and coordinated budgeting, planning and cost process.
• Assisted manager with internal corporate audit of personal files.
• Maintained and analyzed ledger accounts and develop financial statements and reports.
• Evaluated relations between Finance and other external business partners.
• Performed monthly Cycle Count for Equipment and Inventory to internal control.
• Worked on process improvement activities to develop & automate business metrics & various KPIs for weekly dashboards.
• Communicated financial and business results including variance analysis to manager. EDUCATION
Masters in Applied Economics & Finance, University of California, Santa Cruz Sept’16 - June’17 Bachelor of Commerce, Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi [GPA 3.92/4] July '12 - June’15 TECHNICAL SKILLS
Software Packages: MS Excel – Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Index Match, Macros,SQL,Stata, Visio Programming Languages & Visualization: Stata, SQL, Tableau Data Analysis: Data Cleaning and Merging, Data Visualization, Data Science Methods, Cross Validation Statistical Analysis: Hypothesis Testing, Regression Analysis, Financial Simulation, Planning and Forecasting. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Predicting flight status using on time airline and meteorological data
• Profitability Evaluation of a New Route: Daily Flights from Santa Cruz Sky park Airport to Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.
• An Analysis of Peer-to-Peer Lending and Loan Outcomes