Contact no: 609-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Professional with 3+ years of experience in quality and release control in banking and transit industries seeking fulltime opportunity after M.S. As an individual I am detail oriented, diligent and a good team player. EDUCATION:
Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Master of Science in Information Systems, December 2017 with a GPA 3.6/4.0 College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, June 2013 with a GPA 8.9/10 SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY:
• Quality Control: Functional testing on Desktop, web-based and Mobile applications. Data testing, System and User Acceptance Testing, Exploratory Testing, Manual REST Call Testing.
• Automation Testing: Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber, Selenium (Junit)
• Project Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Google Analytics, Bugzilla, Microsoft Project, Visual Basics
• Databases: SQL/PLSQL, RDBMS, ETL Tools (Tableau, IBM Cognos), Weka, Microsoft SQL, Wherescape RED (Data Warehouse Automation Tool)
• Languages: COBOL, C, C++, Data Structure, HTML, PHP, Java basics
• Project Methodology: Agile (Scrum) Model, Waterfall Model
• Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Known Error Database (KEDB), Sublime Text, HP-ALM PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Quality Analyst with Highmark, Pittsburg, PA (Jul’18 – Present)
• Prepared test dataset for medical clients for different states
• Drafting test scenarios for new client requirements
• Collaborating with downstream teams (Membership and Claim) to validate the client data
• Working on traceability matrix (documentation, business use cases and functional stories)
• File testing through mainframes
• View testing, data validations through Toad SQL
• Mic/Web URL testing with various client parameters, also done regression on the same
• Guiding new test members about the testing methodology along with documenting test plans for teams on sharepoint
• Test failures, impediments/bugs logged in RTC
Freelance Quality Analyst, Newark, NJ (Mar’18 – Jul’18)
• Designed test cases for User Acceptance Testing using cucumber and confluence for the Web Validation forms.
• Prepared test data for the web forms covering areas of authentication and authorization based testing.
• Used Selenium to design test suite for the web forms using the feature files and junit framework.
• Found multiple defects and contributed to two successful releases. Graduate Teaching Assistant at Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa (Aug’16 – Dec’17)
• Taught basics of Excel and Access. Assisted students with mid-level and capstone exercises.
• Taught Analytics with Tableau also provided them insights with the result produced.
• Graded assignments and helped professors in class material preparation. Quality Analyst with Danfoss Services, Ames, Iowa (Aug’16 – Dec’16)
• Analyzed Danfoss Services website to list out specific testing methodologies that can be applied, notable ones are Performance, Security, UI on Mobile and Desktop.
• Under the guidance of Senior Test Lead built User Acceptance Test Cases using Cucumber.
• Prepared Security scenarios for Danfoss UI including residential user and commercial client.
• Doing Manual Testing on Mobile website for the panels and UI parameters on both iOS and Android.
• With already prepared test-bed, we tried Load testing and charting out statistics.
• Documented all test scenarios in Confluence and prepared my final submission report. Quality and deployment intern at Clever Devices, Long Island Hicksville, NY (June’16 - Aug’16)
• Under test leadership, prepared Test Plans and Acceptance documentation for BusWare.
• Performed Factory and System Acceptance testing on real-time applications (CleverCAD and BusTime).
• Introduced Cucumber as part of Behavior Driven Development for testing AVM and DCC products. Prepared Proof Of Concept and demoed it to QA team as a part of introducing new testing tool initiative.
• Prepared Performance and Security-based test scenarios for Talking Sign.
• Templated bug reporting using JIRA to enhance the agreement and to ease communication. Charters followed were: What Broke, How to Reproduce and What is expected behavior
• Manual Testing of their flagship products AVM, CleverCAD that were used by clients like New Jersey Transit (NJT) and Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
• Introduced Test Reporting by use of JIRA.
• Did Data-testing to validate service queries. Involved writing SQL queries for real-time customer facing application Bus Tracker for specific route details.
• Did End-to-End testing by ingesting data into the system and validating the data shows up on UI for BusTime.
• Involved in Manually testing client apps like MTA Bus Time on Android framework and writing the test steps in cucumber to test team to pick up and do the automation.
• Applauded for commendable work on finding UI based bugs in development and also for support the team on release cycle, by testing in QA and Production Environment.
• Documented the testing efforts on confluence.
Systems Engineer, TCS, Gurgaon, India (Sep ‘13 - May ’15) (Client: Nationwide Building Society (NBS))
• Worked on mix of both Agile and Waterfall design methodologies.
• Prepared Performance test environment requirements and integration with existing infrastructure for NBS.
• Setup the environment for effective SLA measurements under test lead for releases.
• Developed Data Driven test scripts and load testing of the applications.
• Prepare test results and script logs to be mailed by using LDAP system.
• Wrote Security Test cases for the NBS websites.
• Data testing for mortgage and customer info databases.
• During data migration basically validating the row counts, arithmetic operations and Random testing between newer and older system.
• Worked as Exploratory Tester on the NBS website for Home Page.
• Manually tested REST calls for NBS clients validating the Request-Response for GET and POST methods.
• Developed COBOL batch jobs for testing account migration from three building societies (Cheshire, Derbyshire, Dunfermline) to NBSe’s own legacy mortgage system.
• Supported as tester for multiple successful releases over the period of time.
• Refined regular processes, tracking bugs and documented changes on Confluence.
• Worked as Support lead for the client after project delivery. COLLEGE PROJECTS & COURSES:
• Analyzed the College of business website for issues using Google Analytics tool.
• Proposed solutions to be incorporated with detailed use cases for Web Development Team to work on. Project management
• Envisioned a startup project with project charters of small budget, elevator speech, kickoff meetings and detailed description of project plan including the risk and the methods to mitigate the risk.
• Opted to make a Project out of my hobby by going for “Heritage Earrings” based gifting in marriage event. Database management for business decision makers
• Architected, designed and developed an online car rental system UI in HTML.
• Prepared Server-side architecture using PHP.
• JIRA tool for project management from Udemy
• Selenium Web driver with Java from Udemy
• Certified Basic Google Analytics from Google
• Tableau desktop for Business Analysis from Udemy ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Graduate Tutor at the Academic Success Centre
• Secretary of Indian Students Association (ISA club), the second biggest cultural club in Iowa State University.
• Was an active member of Management Information Systems club organizing cultural and technical events.
• Google Developer Group(GDG) Meetup NY organizer.