firstname.lastname@example.org - MarkusDesignWorks.com – PhotographyofMarkPolege.com
*** ******* **** *****, ******, MO. 63025
Front End & Web Development/Graphic Design/Photography
Wells Fargo Advisors, St.Louis, MO.
Web Publisher (Sep. 2018 - Present)
• Craft Adobe Experience Manager’s Adaptive Forms for their new website (Contract through Randstad Technologies)
Wells Fargo Advisors, St.Louis, MO.
Web Publisher (Nov. 2017- Jun. 2018)
• Content migration/integration & mock-up specs for Wells Fargo Advisors’ new website from a Documentum content management system onto an SDL cms. (Contract through Collabera)
24/7 InTouch, St.Louis, MO.
Social Engagement Specialist (Aug. 2017 – Nov. 2017)
• Responding to questions & comments for a major pet food company through their branded social media platforms with in depth product information.
Markus Design Works, St.Louis, MO.
Freelance Photographer/Graphic/Web Designer/Developer (July 2005 - present)
• Designing print business collateral with Adobe Creative Suite
• Developing websites and online marketing for clients ranging from private schools to doctors offices to national sports teams.
Commerce Bank, St.Louis, MO.
Web Developer (May 2017)
• Contract project adding content to their new website in a Sitecore content management system, using HTML and code editor. (Contract through Creative Circle)
Syllogistics Employment Agency, St.Louis, MO.
Web Developer (Feb. 2016 – Oct. 2016)
Concordia Seminary, St.Louis, MO.
Full Stack Web Developer/Photographer (Dec. 2014 – Jan. 2016)
• Designed & developed new webpages for events & campaigns (ex. mini website for their $180M donation campaign (http://www.csl.edu/generations/), also worked on building beta-websites using Wordpress with Genesis frameworks with UI/UX design & flexbox responsiveness w/ Adobe CS
• Campus photography (featured in 2016 campus calendar), drone photography
Twist, St.Louis, MO.
Web Developer (Apr. 2014 – Sept. 2014)
• Worked with client project managers to negotiate and organize copy and content
• Worked with web designers to produce webpage layouts and features per their designs (ex. http://www.vijon.com/)
Response Targeted Marketing, St.Louis, MO.
Lead Web Designer (Aug. 2013 – Feb. 2014)
• Designed & built websites with front-end web development for composite decking component clients using HTML/DHTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, Wordpress, Genesis frameworks, responsive layouts, SEO practices
• Created ecommerce & widgetized solutions, per client requests, with photo editing, direct client interaction, and some ecommerce database migration
Edwardsville Intelligencer Newspaper, Edwardsville, IL
IT/Online Ad Designer/Photojournalist (June 2010 – August 2013)
• Design and construct static and Flash online ads for newspaper’s website within Yahoo specs
• Added daily news articles to website with BLOX CMS
• Photographing for reporters' articles, and photojournalism for local events. The photojournalism has been occasionally ongoing on a freelance basis.
Straight Up Magazine, Belleville, IL
Lead Graphic Designer/Layout Artist/Web Designer/Photographer (March 2006 – Sept. 2014)
(StraightUpMagazine.net) Helped originally launch in 2006 & then relaunch in 2013 while operating as magazine's Head Graphic Designer & magazine's only Web Designer doing page layout, typography, and photo editor w/ Adobe CS.
Mid America Web, O’Fallon, IL
Graphic/Web Designer/Photographer (April 2008 - November 2008)
• Designed & built website from PSD templates in ASP.NET frameworks with custom built CMS
• Building of contact forms, info design with clients ranging from small business to city municipalities
• Product & location photography, photo editing, direct client interaction.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Design (Cum Laude), American InterContinental University, Atlanta, GA, July 2005
Associate of Arts in Business Management, American InterContinental University, Atlanta, GA, June 2004
2006 - Attended SWIC, Belleville, IL. for evening class for Flash Actionscript 3
Honors and Awards
2005 - Graduated with Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree in Digital Design with Honors of the distinction of Cum Laude.
2014 – Two of my photographs were featured in the St.Louis at 250 art show at the Sheldon Art Gallery in St.Louis; “Moon Over St.Louis” featured in the TOP 100 (also appearing in published book of the event) and “City Stream” featured in the TOP 250
2016 – Recognized with Award of Excellence by the Associated Church Press for a photo in Concordia Seminary Magazine in Summer 2015.
Volunteer Experience/Professional Affiliations
2006 - Donated my time and services to the Armed Forces Museum of Alton, IL. Took photos of vehicles for their website and built website to help promote Museum.
I served in an U.S. Army National Guard tank unit and was Honorably Discharged in 1992.