Gainesville, FL, 32608. Phone: 318-***-****
Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail: email@example.com
I am interested in joining the Endocrinology Team at the Department of Veterans Affairs Upon Graduation as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), and provide care to Veterans suffering from a multitude of care issues. Considerations to departments such as; Urology, Orthopedic Surgery, ENT, Endocrinology in the inpatient and outpatient Primary care settings would be ideal.
Summary of Skills:
• More than 11 years of nursing experience in primary care office, tertiary university hospital Shands and Veteran Hospital.
• Worked with patients with a plethora of complex diseases in the hospital setting, and chronic diseases in the outpatient clinic.
• Experienced in wound VAC therapy, complex diabetic wounds and dressing changes.
• Able to independently coordinate, patient care, provide appropriate Evidence Based Guidelines to impact and improve patient outcomes
• Have worked with other interdisciplinary care teams through collaborative approaches while integrating care for the benefit of the patient.
• Masters of Science in Nursing- Family Nurse Practitioner. Chamberlain College of Nursing. May 2015 – February 23, 2018. GPA 3.82. Expected Graduation date February, 23rd, 2018.
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Grambling State University. December 2004 – December 2008, Excellent Attendance
• High School Government Bilingual High School Mbengwi- Cameroon. April 2002 –November 2004- Graduated, Advance level Certificate- Biology, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
• Florida Registered Nurse License. RN 9293592, issued April 1st 2009, expires April 3rd 2019.
• Certified Geriatric Nurse Improving Care for Health system Elders: NICHE, 2015.
• Credentialed by Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Detachment Jacksonville FL on June 22, 2016 with expiration date of June 16th, 2020.
• Board Certified, MSN-ARNP-FNP-BC, June 14, 2018, expires June 14, 2023.
• ACLS. Issued August 11, 2016, expires September, 2018
• BLS. Issued October 29th, 2017, expires October15, 2019
Bahrain Primary Medical Home Port Clinic –Bahrain, Manama- Annual Training from 7th- 22nd June, 2018 working 40hrs/week.
-In-depth knowledge in outpatient primary care with critical thinking skills to discern, assess and treat patients based on up-to-date Evidence Based practice Guidelines.
-Primary Care Triage/Charge-providing needed care to acute care patients and making informed decisions to transfer patients to the ER.
-Mentor-Provided valuable insights into patient care to 20 ancillary staff members, corps men about career opportunities and streamlining ways of improving patient care via evidence based practice and interdisciplinary team building which fostered patient care and advocacy.
Azalea Health Rural Primary Health Care Clinic- Keystone Heights-Florida February 30th 2017 to February 8th, 2018.
• Independently managed patients across the continuum of care birth through age 85 with 550+ clinical hours in Pediatric, Obstetrics, Gerontology and Family Care.
• Diagnosing and treating patients with complex medical conditions such as Diabetes, High Blood pressure, Gastroenteritis and Complex foot ulcers.
Malcolm Randall Department of Veterans Affairs-Gainesville Florida-November Oct 22 2017- December 16, 2017
• Working collaboratively with other paraprofessionals; making necessary referrals; prescription refills; follow up of care plans; lab work and diagnosis.
• Providing and managing diabetic patients, adjusting insulin doses based on A1C controls over 3 months and adjusting doses accordingly.
Charge Nurse- Post-Surgical Nurse 2East Department of Veterans Affairs, Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, Gainesville Fl. Full Time Position working 40hrs/Wk. October 30th, 2016- Present.
• Stabilize all Post-Surgical patients while assessing for pertinent subtle changes in baseline.
• Working in a sub-acute surgical floor; taking care of pre and post-surgical patients.
• Stabilize post knee and hip arthroplasty patients and managing complex wounds.
Medical/Surgical/IMC Nurse – Shands UF Health, Gainesville, FL. July 2009 – April 1st, 2016, Full time position working more than 40+ hours weekly
• Charge/Staff Nurse – High acuity 36-bed under telemetry Medical-Surgical Inpatient Ward and 12-bed IMC Intermediate Care Unit.
• Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff.
• As a Member of Nursing Practice Committee, I revise the electronic nursing note to decrease time and error rates throughout facility.
Direct Commissioned Officer, USNR, NC, Navy Operational Support Centre, Jacksonville FL. February 23rd 2016–Present.
• Manage 64 Detachment Clinical Fitness Reports, member Physical Fitness Reports, Situational Readiness for the whole Command.
• Perform health screens and educate active duty members ready for deployment
• Co-train new recruits and ensigns about medication administration and management.
HCP Home Healthcare Medical Surgical Nurse, Gainesville, FL. October 2010 – 2016. Worked Part time, 12 hours weekly.
• Managed and educated diabetic patients regarding nutritional support
• Assisted patients with home treatment infusions, colostomy care, and wound VAC therapy.
Medical Surgical Nurse- Select Specialty Hospital, Gainesville, Florida. April 6th 2012-April 6th, 2013. Per Diem Position, working 5 times in a six week period.
• Managed patients with multiple complex Diabetic wounds.
Grambling State University, LA. February, 2004 – December, 2008
• Assistant Manager, Mentor, Team leader, administrative functions and scheduler for work and meetings for all employees.
Participation in Organizations:
• Cameroon Association, Chapter Vice President – Current
• American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) – 14th March 2018.
• American Heart Association, Unit Treasurer - Current
• Geriatric Nurse Association - Current
• Florida Nurses Association – Current
Community Volunteer Service:
• Patient Safety Committee member at Shands Hospital: Goal is to provide the safest environment possible for patients and minimizing co- morbidities, June 2009 till present.
• Mending Broken Hearts initiate group raising funds for heart diseases and education.
Awards and Honors:
• Excellent Attendance award 4th quarter, 2017 for no sick call outs
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society-Phi Pi Chapter- Inducted July 29th 2016
• Preceptor Awards for Nursing School Final Year Students – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
• Excellent Customer Care Plaque for Outstanding Nursing Care.
• Multiple Gold Key Awards for Outstanding Customer Satisfaction.
David Jarosz- ARNP Primary Care Medicine, Azalea Health. Contact –Cell- 386-***-****
Brownstein Janet, MD VAMC, Outpatient Primary Care Gainesville Florida-352-***-****
Dr. Lee Julio, MD, VAMC Endocrinology Gainesville Florida. Cell- 504-***-****
Montalvo Milagros MD, Primary Care Medicine, Azalea Health -Contact- 352-***-****