MUHAMMAD NASIR FIAZ (Testing & Commissioning Engineer)
FOR ELECTRIC POWER PROJECTS
Address: Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Contact: +966********* (Mob)
Testing & Commissioning Electrical Engineer with 8 years of rich experience with large-scale power projects of Saudi Electricity Company, LV/MV/HV/EHV power systems including 13.8kV & 34.5kV overhead distribution lines, poles structures, jumper connections, insulators, fuse links, pole-mounted transformers, cable terminations, SF6 breaker connections, underground cable system installations, terminations and splicing jobs, conduit fittings and sealings, road crossings, ductbanks, switchracks, power panels, lighting contactor panels, lighting panels, dry type transformers, CP rectifier supply, battery chargers, battery banks, RTU shelters, equipment & system grounding, lightning protection etc.
Approved by Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) as a Testing & Commissioning Engineer. CREDENTIALS
BSc. Electrical Engineering (4 year program), UET Peshawar, Pakistan – 2010 Affiliations
• Member of Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE) since 2010 – Membership ID: 184144
• Member of Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) since 2010 – Membership ID: ELECT/30131 Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) Approvals
Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) approved Engineer with ID No. XER-028 having following approvals
& authorized to work within Substations upto voltage level of 380 kV (EHV):
• LV/MV/HV/EHV SWGR Testing & Protection Scheme Check.
• Testing & Commissioning of Auxiliary, Simple & Advanced Relays used in protection schemes
(all makes: ABB, Siemens, ALSTOM, Schneider, GE & SEL).
• CT Primary Injection Test, Busbar & Transformer Stability Test.
• MV Power Cables Hi-Pot Test i.e upto 34.5 KV.
• Demonstrated expertise in successful testing, commissioning & energization of power substations upto 380KV by proper planning and coordination amongst team members, Main Contractors and clients.
• Spearheading activities involving working out various requirements & monitoring overall project operations for ensuring Testing, Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance, Control & Power scheme design.
• Coordinating with Clients & Consultants in projects for set standards with accountability for strategic utilisation & deployment of resources to achieve organizational goals.
• Anchoring Testing & commissioning of electrical equipment & system ensuring completion of project in minimum turnaround time with an effective resource utilization to maximize the output.
• Creating and sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunities and motivates high performance amongst team members.
• Great deal of knowledge and experience in verification of cause & effect drawing, logics, standard drawings, P & ID drawings and practical implementation of International standards like NEC, NETA, IEEE, NEMA, BICSI, IEC and local standards of SEC etc., Technical procedures, Technical specifications, Project quality Index, Acceptance criteria’s, Project quality issues escalation process, Project quality weekly and monthly reports, negotiation on level of inspections. Vendor selection, Internal & external audits.
• Courage to speak what is right and is in the best interest of the project.
• Outstanding skills in interacting with clients, understanding their requirements and accordingly providing customized solutions / services, thereby maintaining complete client satisfaction and creating repeat business opportunities.
• Visionary and decisive leader, noted for sound, practical management style and excellent organization, communication, presentation & interpersonal skills; Proven ability to lead and motivate large cross-functional teams to maximize productivity. EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
XERVON SAUDI ARABIA L.L.C
Testing & Commissioning Engineer
Dec 2010 – Present
XERVON SAUDI ARABIA L.L.C is a leading company offering professional expertise in Testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning services of electrical power systems of various voltage levels upto 380kV and committed to providing benchmark services to various clients such as Saudi Electricity Company(SEC), Saudi Aramco,SWCC through Main Contractors such as ABB, Siemens, ALSTOM, HHI, SSEM, NCC & AL-Gihaz. Projects Worked On:
Have worked on all the below mentioned projects in various capacities according to SEC Approvals. PROJECT TITLE MAIN CONTRACTOR CLIENT
• Construction of New 132/33 KV Substation at Al-Muzaylif Al-Gihaz SEC-SOA
• Construction of New 110/13.8 kV Substation at Al-Hada-2, Taif Noor Energy SEC-WOA
• Construction of 132 KV Dynamic Reactive Power Compensation Substation at Quwayyah ALSTOM Grid SEC-COA
• Construction of 380/132/3.8 kV Substation at Salboukh, Riyadh (9018) NCC SEC-COA
• Construction of 380/132/3.8 kV Substation at Sultana, Riyadh (9026) SSEM SEC-COA
• Construction of New 132/13.8 kV Substation at Roikbah, Najraan ABB SEC-SOA
• Construction of 132/13.8 kV Substation at Banisar, Al-Baha ABB SEC-SOA
• Construction of 110/13.8 kV Substation at Al-Hawaiyah-2, Taif ABB SEC-WOA
• Construction of 132 kV Switching Substation at Al-Qurtabah, Riyadh (8073) NCC SEC-COA
• Construction of 110/13.8 kV Substation Fareedah, Jeddah ABB SEC-WOA
• Construction of Shuqaiq-2 380kV Substation at Shuqaiq Steam Power Plant HYUNDAI HHI SEC-SOA
• Construction of 380/132/33 kV Substation at Al-Kharj, Riyadh (9028) SIEMENS SEC-COA Key Responsibilities:
• Prepare and update commissioning activity schedules, site observations, site visit reports among others.
• Review, amend and approve the T&C method statement in accordance with the International Standards, Project Specification, Local Regulation and Manufacturer’s Recommendation.
• Conduct T&C of all electrical equipment such as LV/MV/HV and EHV switchgears, AC/DC UPS panels, Battery banks, electrical control system and Integrated protection and control system (ECS and IPCS)
• Studying all protection schemes in drawings with reference to Protection Logic Diagram (PLD) & Project Technical Specifications
(PTS) to make sure that these are as per project technical specifications and request for clarification from designer through Main Contractor if any mismatch is found.
• Update drawings if any site modification is required to meet client standards and specifications & coordinate with designer through Main Contractor to discuss such issues.
• Maintaining filing system and documentation for all test reports as per client standards.
• Coordinating with Main Contractor to provide all reference documents such as FAT reports for all tests to compare with site conducted test results and give explanation to consultant engineer in case any deviation is found.
• Conducting site acceptance tests and preparing site acceptance report for all equipment testing such as CTs, VTs, Indication Meters, Auxiliary Relays, Contactors, Simple Relays and Advanced relays as per client required standards and specifications.
• Preparing & submitting NCR’s if any device is found defective/missing or not as per required standards.
• Keep a record of all punch points written by consultant engineer and coordinate with them to get those points cleared by meeting the relevant requirements.
• Analyse and Interpret test report to determine any acceptable and unacceptable results and design related problems.
• Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical and/or engineering problems are encountered during testing and commissioning.
• Adopting all the standard methods & procedures for the successful testing, commissioning and energization of the system.
• Collaborate with other Electrical Engineers of the client and other key personnel to identify and solve the problems
• Conduct periodic site inspection for QA and QC programs. Report the findings and recommendations.
• Adhere to safety rules and regulations of the company to avoid accident at worksite. Attend tool box meeting every start of the work to caution the workforce of all the potential danger in the worksite. Computer Skills
• Relay Testing Softwares: PCM600,AcSELerator Quickset, Enervista UR Setup, MiCOM S1 Agile, DIGSI V4.88
• CT Testing Software: Omicron CT Analyzer.
• Electrical design Softwares: AutoCad 2014.
• Analysis & Simulation Softwares: ETAP16.0, Dialux.
• General Applications: MS Office 2013.
Training & Seminars
• Successfully completed the certification for “Basic First Aid and CPR Training” held by Human Assets Training, Saudi Arabia.
• “Basic Safety Orientation and off Road Driving for Oil & Gas Industry” held by Saudi Aramco, KSA.
• Successfully completed training for various functions of Audit & Inspections, KSA.
• Attended workshops regarding Projects Bidding, KSA. PERSONAL PARTICULARS
• Date of Birth : December, 1986
• Languages Known : English, Arabic, Urdu,Pushto
• Nationality : Pakistani
• Saudi Visa Status : Permanent Resident (Holding Saudi Iqama)
• Marital Status : Unmarried