Kathryn M. Pellegrino, PA-C
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 617- 5707/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug. 2011-Dec. 2013 Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Master of Medical Science- Physician Assistant Program
Thesis Title: Do prenatal ultrasounds affect fetal brain development?
Sept. 2001-May 2005 BA in Psychology, Cum Laude, American University, Washington, D.C.
Concentration in Neuropsychology
Proven track record of high efficiency. Self starter who possesses the skills to build, strengthen, and maintain
strong patient and colleague relationships. Excellent writing and verbal skills. Self motivated in continuing
education. Professional manner and personal commitment to a high standard of integrity.
July 2017- Present
Kaiser Permanente- Urology Physician Assistant, Fairfax, VA
Evaluates new and returning patients in outpatient clinic setting, diagnoses, treats, and orders appropriate labs and imaging based on wide variety of urologic disorders
Assists at bedside on robotic surgeries
Performs in office cystoscopy, Urodynamics, tibial nerve stimulation
April 2014 – July 2017
Emory University –Urology Physician Assistant, Grady Health System, Atlanta, Ga
• Performs complete evaluations on new, postoperative, and follow-up patients and provides problem-oriented intervention for their urological conditions. Provides appropriate supportive care and follow up with ordering and interpreting labs, imaging, and other clinic procedures
• Serves as first assistant in the operating room on urologic traumas, scheduled urologic surgeries, and complex urologic oncology cases
• Develops a treatment plan and implements therapeutic intervention for urological conditions in accordance with current urology practice and in conjunction with the urologist
• Exercises judgment on conditions requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by the supervising urologist or other healthcare professionals
• Responsible for managing patients on Inpatient Urology service- ordering and interpreting labs, consulting appropriate treatment teams, reviewing images, and performing other appropriate procedures
• Performs and/or assists in office procedures, including cystoscopies, tibial nerve stimulation, cystogram, nephrostogram,VCUG, RUG, transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) volume studies, urodynamics, post-void residual (PVRs) evaluations, difficult catheterizations, post-op voiding trials, hydrocele drainage and other necessary procedures
• Responsible for evaluating urological consults in the Emergency Department and Inpatient Units
• Orient, assist and train new cohorts of residents
• Exemplifies excellent interprofessional teamwork while working in tandem with residents in the clinical setting and operating room
• Serves as a clinical preceptor to both physician assistant and medical students
Jan. 2008-July 2011
Research Assistant, Dr. Richard Mayeux, Columbia University, Department of Neurology- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Subject recruitment and enrollment, Interview study participants in hospital setting, Conduct clinical evaluations including, dietary history and medical questionnaires, Administered neurological exam as well as obtained pertinent health history
Jan. 2007-Jan 2008
Research Assistant, Dr. Elan Louis, Columbia University Department of Neurology- Movement Disorders
Subject recruitment and enrollment, Interview study participants in hospital setting, Conduct clinical evaluations including, dietary history and medical questionnaires, Worked exclusively on developing a protocol to test the difference between cerebellar and ataxic tremor
VA state medical license
VA DEA license
Louis ED, Jian W, Pellegrino KM, Rios E, Factor-Litvak P, Henchcliffe C, Zheng W. Elevated blood harmane (1-methyl-9h-pyrido[3,4-b]indole) concentrations in essential tremor.
Louis ED, Keating GA, Bogen KT, Rios E, Pellegrino KM, Factor-Litvak P. Dietary epidemiology of essential tremor: Meat consumption and meat cooking practices. Neuroepidemiology 2008;30:161-166.
Louis ED, Rios E, Pellegrino KM, Jiang W, Factor-Litvak P, Zheng W. Higher blood harmane (1-methyl-9h-pyrido[3,4-b]indole) concentration correlates with lower olfactory scores in essential tremor. Neurotoxicology 2008;29:460-465.
Louis ED, Pellegrino KM, Rios E. Unawareness of head tremor in essential tremor: Data from three case samples. Mov Disord 2008.
Louis ED, Pellegrino KM, Factor-Litvak P, Rios E, Jiang W, Henchcliffe C, Zheng W. Cancer and blood concentrations of the co-mutagen harmane in essential tremor. Mov Disord 2008.
American Academy of Physician Assistants, Member (2011-Present)
Georgia Association of Physician Assistants, Member (2011-Present)
Urologic Association of Physician Assistants, Member (2014-Present)
Certification in Phlebotomy
Computer skills; SPSS, Microsoft Office, Epic medical charting, PowerChart
References available upon request