email@example.com 914-***-**** danielkjackson95 MixedPebble
Oswego State Oswego, NY
BS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
BS IN APPLIED MATH ECONOMICS
MINOR IN MATHEMATICS
Aug 2013-May 2018
Office of Learning Services Oswego, NY
TUTOR: COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ECONOMICS Aug 2014-Dec 2017
• Educated 10-15 students in Computer Science weekly to advance their software developer abilities through tailored communication methods.
• Expanded upper division courses available for tutoring, increasing department wide coverage through successful collaboration with upper administration and advocation on behalf of students.
• Increased student averages by 13-17% on average to boost campus retention rates by coaching 800+ individual and 100+ group ses- sions over 3.5 years.
• Presented at national tutor conference on effective communication techniques to groups of tutors and educators. Residence Life and housing Oswego, NY
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (RA) Aug 2015-Dec 2017
• Provided paraprofessional advice for 32 undergraduates each semester to foster healthy community growth by establishing personal relationships with each individuals on my wing
• Selected by department to assist in the evaluation, selection and training of Resident Assistants by participating in individual- interviews, group-interviews and leading select training sessions.
• Recognized at department banquet for establishing strong community bonds and advocating for students
• Managed group administrative tasks and group dynamics as lead Resident Assistant by facilitating communication between teams on a staff of 24.
DEVELOPING SPA WEB-PLUGIN USING ANGULARJS BY INTEGRATING MULTIPLE APIS AND CUSTOM CSS DESIGN THAT HELPS USERS STAY PRODUCTIVE AND TASK-ORIENTED.
MP3 Player Java, Agile Development, Swing
CREATED WEIGHTED ALGORITHM IN PYTHON USING SEVERAL RASPBERRY PI SENSORS THAT CREATED NOTIFICATION INFORMATION FOR PARENTS. BUILT APACHE SERVER WITH RESTFUL WEB SERVICES TO VIEW PRIVATE INFORMATION ON AN ANDROID APP AND WEB-BROWSERS.
Chess Club: President and co-founder of University Chess Club. Organized meetings and inter-university matches. Fencing Club Treasurer: Drafted, proposed and balanced bi-annual budget reports. Student Association Finance Committee: Supervised expenditures for campus clubs and organizations, overseeing and allocating $1.6 million budget. Led training for all clubs and organizations on financial policies.