Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
Jegadeesh Raman, Ph.D.
Do. No: 7/156 A1A, Gajal Medu,
Sholur Kokkal, Kokkal Post, Ooty
The Nilgiris – 643 005, Tamil Nadu, India.
Passport No: J0914177
An organized, adaptable and enthusiastic researcher with an aptitude for evaluating problems and communicating possible solutions. Proficient at working both on own initiative and working as part of a team. Conscientious, with the ability to maintain a consistently high standard of work under pressure and therefore capable of making a significant contribution to the efficiency in a research / educational institution. I intend to pursue my ambition and work in the field of Mushroom Biotechnology and Natural Products discovery from microbes and medicinal plants. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
2006-2012 Ph.D. in Botany (Mycology)
Centre for Advanced Studies in Botany
University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Thesis title: Isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds from an edible mushroom, Pleurotus djamor var. roseus and their pharmacological activities My Research work was focused on medicinal properties of Pleurotus mushroom. The new isolate was identified through molecular & classical taxonomy and the results supported the identification of isolated strain as Pleurotus djamor var. roseus. Further mass cultivated on low-cost techniques, evaluation of the nutritional value and biological activity was performed under both in vitro and in vivo conditions. Five bioactive compounds were isolated, their structure was elucidated. This study was the first report on P. djamor.
2004-2005 M.Phil. (Mycology)
Centre for Advanced Studies in Botany
University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Thesis title: Studies on Volvariella bombycina Sing. with references to cultivation, nutritive values and active principle compound enriched by Azadirachta indica leaves. 2002-2004 M.Sc. (Botany)
Presidency Arts & Science College (Affiliated to Madras University), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2001-2002 B.Ed. (Biological Science)
Sri Ramakrishna Vidyalaya College of Education (Affiliated to Bharathiar University), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
1997-2000 B.Sc. (Botany)
Government Arts & Science College (Affiliated to Bharathiar University), Ooty, The Nilgiris.
Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
Nov 2017 - Postdoctoral Researcher (Mushroom Research Division) Till date Genetics & Breeding Lab
National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA, South Korea Nov 2015 - Research Associate
May 2017 Marina labs Research institute, Chennai, India Sep 2012 - Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Advanced Fundamental Research) Sep 2015 Mushroom Research Centre (MRC), Faculty of Science, University of Malaya
As part of my fellowship by Advanced Fundamental Research, I was involved in a placement with the nanotechnology and neurobiology team at MRC.
During my post-doctoral research I was involved in cultivation of edible mushrooms and mycosynthesis of silver, gold and selenium nanoparticles. Apart from this I was also performing the studies involving Phytotoxicity on Zea mays and screening the anti-microbial activity against the pathogenic bacteria and fungi.
The mycosynthesised gold and selenium nanoparticles were tested for its bioactivity on neurite outgrowth stimulation on in vitro PC 12 cells.
The fibrinolytic activities of the edible mushrooms were quantified using the fibrin plate assay and the Folin-spectrophotometric method. The aqueous two-phase system
(ATPS) and SDS–PAGE was used to recover and characterize the fibrinolytic enzymes.
Lipid components from Lignosus rhinocerotis LPS induced neuroinflammation in microglia BV2 cells via COX2 mediated pathway were also studied. Apr 2010 - Senior Research Fellow, CSIR, University of Madras. Mar 2012 Project title: Isolation of Lovastatin (HMG- Coenzyme A reductase inhibitors) from an edible mushroom, Pleurotus djamor var. roseus
Apr 2008 - Junior Research Fellow, UGC, University of Madras. Mar 2010 UGC Research Fellowship in Science for Meritorious Students TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Teaching Assistant - Handled theory, practical classes and Project works for Master degree students in Biotechnology, Industrial Microbiology and Applied Plant Science during Aug 2008- May 2010.
Post Doc/Teaching staff - Handling practical classes for UG and PG students. AWARDS AND HONORS
Best Oral Presentation Dr. M. J. Thirumalachar award at the National Conference on Recent Advances in Mycological Research held at CAS in Botany, University of Madras, Chennai on 8th February 2011.
Young Scientist Presentation at the International Conference on Mycology and Plant Pathology Biotechnological Approaches held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India during February Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
27-29, 2012. Topic: “Proximate analysis of edible mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus and hypolipidemic effect in experimentally induced hypercholesteremic rats”. RESEARCH INTERESTS/EXPERTISE
Fungal Biotechnology & Natural products
Pharmacology & Microbiology
Plant Biotechnology & Natural products
Plant Physiology and Pathology
Neurobiology & Molecular biology
Science Citation Indexed Journals (ISI Journals)
1. Sharjahan Mohamed Ali, Jegadeesh Raman, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Tau Chuan Ling, Chia- Wei Phan, Yee Shin Tan, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2018. Surface Decoration of Selenium Nanoparticles by the Proteins of Shiitake Culinary-Medicinal Mushroom, Lentinus edodes
(Agaricomycetes) for Enhanced Fibrinolytic Activity. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, 20 (9), xxx-xxx.
2. Sarasvathy Subramaniam, Jegadeesh Raman, Vikineswary Sabaratnam, Chua Kek Heng, Umah Rani Kuppusamy. 2017. Functional Properties of Partially Characterized Polysaccharide from the Medicinal Mushroom Ganoderma neo-japonicum (Agaricomycetes). International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms 19(10). DOI10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.201-***-****. 3. Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Jegadeesh Raman, Pamela David, Kah-Hui Wong, Murali Naidu, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2016. Haematological, biochemical and histopathological aspects of Hericium erinaceus ingestion in a rodent model: a sub-chronic toxicological assessment. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 194:1051–1059.
4. Rusol Al-Bahrani, Jegadeesh Raman, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Abdullah A. Hassan, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2016. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using tree oyster mushroom Pleurotus ostreatus and its inhibitory activity against pathogenic bacteria. Materials letters, 186:21-25.
5. Nur Azura Ahmad Badrul, Md. Yusoff Musa, Geok Yuan Annie Tan, Jegadeesh Raman, David Ross Appleton, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2016. Streptomyces sanglieri which colonised and enhanced the growth of Elaeis guineensis Jacq. Seedlings were antagonistic to Ganoderma boninense in in vitro studies. Journal of Industrial Microbiology Biotechnology, 43(4):485-93. 6. Neeranjini Nallathamby, Lee Guan Serm, Jegadeesh Raman, Sri Nurestri Abd Malek, Sharmili Vidyadaran, Murali Naidu, Umah Rani Kuppusamy, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2016. Identification and in vitro Evaluation of Lipids from Sclerotia of Lignosus rhinocerotis for Antioxidant and Anti-neuroinflammatory activities. Natural product Communications, 11:1485- 1490.
7. Jegadeesh Raman, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Priscilla A. John, Chan Zhijian, Vengadesh Periasamy, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2015. Neurite outgrowth stimulatory effects of mycosynthesised AuNPs from Hericium erinaceus (Bull.:Fr.) Pers. on pheochromocytoma (PC- 12) cells. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 10:5853-5863. Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
8. Snehlata Samberkar, Sivasangkary Gandhi, Murali Naidu, Kah-Hui Wong, Jegadeesh Raman and Vikineswary Sabaratnam. Lion's Mane, Hericium erinaceus and Tiger Milk, Lignosus rhinocerotis (Higher Basidiomycetes) Medicinal Mushrooms Stimulate Neurite Outgrowth in Dissociated Cells of Brain, Spinal Cord, and Retina: An In Vitro Study. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. (DOI: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.v17.i11.40), 1047-1054. 9. Wee-Cheat Tan, U.R. Kuppusamy, Chia-Wei Phan, Yee-Shin Tan, Jegadeesh Raman, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2015. Ganoderma neo-japonicum Imazeki revisited: Domestication study and antioxidant properties of its basidiocarps and mycelia. Scientific Reports: Nature Publishing Group. 5:12515 DOI: 10.1038/srep12515. 10. Mustafa Nadhim Owaid, Jegadeesh Raman, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Sajid Salem S. Al-Saeedi, Vikineswary Sabaratnam, Idham Abed Ali Al-Assaffii. 2015. Mycosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by Pleurotus cornucopiae var. citrinopileatus and its inhibitory effects against Candida sp. Materials Letters, 153:186-190.
11. G. Cynthia Jemima Swarnavalli, S. Dinakaranb, N. Raman, R. Jegadeesh, Carol Pereira. 2015. Bio inspired Synthesis of monodispersed silver nano particles using Sapindus Emarginatus pericarp extract -study of antibacterial efficacy. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, doi:10.1016/j.jscs.2015.03.004.
12. L. Hariprasath, R. Jegadeesh, P. Arjuna, N. Raaman. 2015. In vitro propagation of Senecio candicans DC and comparative antioxidant properties of aqueous extracts of the in vivo plant and in vitro-derived callus. South African Journal of Botany, 98:134-141. 13. Neeranjini Nallathamby, Lee Guan-Serm, Sharmili Vidyadaran, Sri Nurestri Abd Malek, Jegadeesh Raman and Vikinewary Sabaratnama. 2015. Ergosterol of Cordyceps militaris attenuates LPS induced inflammation in BV2 cells. Natural product Communications, 10 (6):885- 886.
14. Jegadeesh Raman, Rajasekhar Reddy, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Veerapandian Selvaraj, Babu Gajendran, Raaman Nanjian, Arulvasu Chinnasamy, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2015. Mycosynthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles from Pleurotus djamor var. roseus and their in vitro cytotoxicity effect on PC3 cells. Process Biochemistry, 50:140-147. 15. Babu Gajendrana, Arulvasu Chinnasamya, Prabhu Durai, Jegadeesh Raman, Manikandan Ramar. 2014. Biosynthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles from Datura innoxia and its apoptotic effect on human breast cancer cell line MCF7. Materials Letters, 122:98-102. 16. Sharjahan Mohamed Alia, Tau Chuan Linga, Sekaran Muniandya, Yee Shin Tana, Jegadeesh Raman, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2014. Recovery and partial purification of fibrinolytic enzymes of Auricularia polytricha (Mont.) Sacc by an aqueous two-phase system. Separation and Purification Technology, 122:359-366.
17. Sangiliyandi Gurunathan, Raman Jegadeesh, Sri Nurestri Abd Malek, Priscilla A John, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2013. Green Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Ganoderma neo- japonicum Imazeki: a potential cytotoxic agent against breast cancer cells. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 8:1-15.
18. Jing-Yang Wong, MahmoodAmeen Abdulla, Jegadeesh Raman, Chia-Wei Phan, Umah Rani Kuppusamy, Shahram Golbabapour and Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2013. Gastroprotective effects of Lion’s Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.:Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) extract against ethanol-induced ulcer in rats. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013:1-9.
19. Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Jegadeesh Raman, Raaman Nanjian. 2012. Gastroprotective effect of Senecio candicans DC on experimental ulcer models. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 140:145- 150.
Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
20. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh, L. Hariprasath, K. Kumaresan, R. Srikumar. 2011. Effect of Pleurotus djamor var. roseus, an edible mushroom on neutrophil functions. Journal of Agricultural Food Immunology, 22: 229-234.
21. Mani Rajasekar, Raman Jegadeesh, Nanjian Raaman, Thangamuthu Mohan Das. 2011. Studies on the synthesis and the antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of a novel class of fluorescein- based glycosides. Carbohydrate Research, 346:2362-2367. 22. G. Nirmala, A. Kalilur Rahiman, S. Sreedaran, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman, V. Narayanan. 2011. New 14-Membered trans-disubstituted ‘Tet A’ macrocycles and their copper (Ii) and nickel (Ii) complexes: spectral, magnetic, electrochemical, crystal structure, catalytic and antimicrobial Studies. Journal of Molecular Structure, 989:91-100. 23. G. Nirmala, A. Kalilur Rahiman, S. Sreedaran, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman, V. Narayanan. 2011. Synthesis, characterization, crystal Structure and antimicrobial activities of new trans N,N– substituted macrocyclic dioxocyclam and their copper (II) and nickel (II) complexes. Polyhedron, 30:106-113.
24. M. Rajasekar, S. Sreedaran, R. Prabu, V. Narayanan, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman, A. Kalilur Rahiman. 2010. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of nickel (ii) and copper
(ii) schiff-base complexes. Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 63: 136-146. 25. G. Nirmala, A. Kalilur Rahiman, S. Sreedaran, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman, V. Narayanan. 2010. N-benzoylated 1,4,8,11 tetraazacyclotetradecane and their copper (ii) and nickel (ii) complexes: spectral, magnetic, electrochemical, crystal structure, catalytic and antimicrobial studies. Spectrochimica Acta Part A, 77:92-100.
26. R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman, K. Periyasamy, L. Hariprasath, R. Srikumar, R. Ayyappan. 2010. Proximate analysis and antibacterial activity of an edible mushroom Volvariella bombycina Singer. International Journal of Microbiological Research, 1:110-113. 27. S. Sreedaran, K. Shanmuga, A. Kalilur Rahiman, R. Prabu, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman., V. Narayanan. 2009. N-functionalized cyclam based trinuclear copper (II) complexes: electrochemical, magnetic, catalytic and antimicrobial studies. Transition Met Chem. 34: 33-41. 28. S. Sreedaran, K. S. Bharathi, A. K. Rahiman, R. Suresh, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman, V. Narayanan. 2009. Electrochemical, catalytic and antimicrobial activities N-Functionalized cyclam based Unsymmetrical dicompartmental binuclear nickel (II) complexes. Spectrochimica Acta Part A, 74:849–854.
1. Raman Jegadeesh, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Jang Kab-Yeul, Vikineswary Sabaratnam, Nanjian Raaman. 2018. Cultivation of pink Oyster mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus on various agro-residues by low coast technique. Journal of Mycopathological Research, 56 (3), xxx-xxx. 2. Sharjahan Mohamed Ali, Yee-Shin Tan, Jegadeesh Raman, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Tau- Chuan Ling, Chia-Wei Phan, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. 2017. Do culinary mushrooms have fibrinolytic activities? Biomedical Reviews, 28: 95-103. 3. Mustafa Nadhim Owaida, Sajid Salem S. Al-Saeedi. Vikineswary Sabaratnam, Idham Abed Ali Al-Assaffii. Jegadeesh Raman. 2014. Growth Performance and Cultivation of Four Oyster Mushroom Species on Sawdust and Rice Bran Substrates. Journal of Advances in Biotechnology, 4,424-429.
4. Kumaresan Kuppamuthu, Raaman Nanjian, Jegadeesh Raman, Hariprasath Lakshmanan, Sathish Thiyagarajan. 2014. Nutritive anti-nutritional trace elements profile and evaluation on biochemical components of aerial parts of Ipomoea sepiaria roxb. Journal of Chemical and Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2:131-134.
5. Raman Jegadeesh, Nanjian Raaman, Lakshmanan Hariprasath, V. Ramesh and R. Srikumar. 2014. Hypolipidemic Effect of Pleurotus djamor var. roseus in experimentally induced hypercholesteromic rats. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 5(2):581-588.
6. Raman Jegadeesh, Lakshmanan Hariprasath, Kuppamuthu Kumaresan and Nanjian Raaman. 2014. In vitro Antioxidant and Antibacterial Activities of Fractionized Extracts of Edible Mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus. Journal of Academia and Industrial Research, 3:5. 7. N. Sirisha, R. Raghunathan, R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman. 2013. Synthesis and Biological Activity Study of Some New Substituted Dispiropyrrolidines. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biosciences, 3(2): 28-34.
8. Nanjian Raaman, Raman Jegadeesh, Lakshmanan Hariprasath, Ramasundaram Srikumar, Senniyanallur Rathakrishnan Ayyappan. 2012. Effect of An Edible Mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus on Adaptive Immune Response in Albino Rats. Biomedicine, 32:185-189. 9. N. Raaman, N. Rajitha, A. Jayshree, R. Jegadeesh. 2012. Biodegradation of plastic by Aspergillus spp. isolated from polythene polluted sites around Chennai. Journal of Academic and Industrial Research, 1(6):313-316.
10. S. R. Ayyappan, R. Srikumar, R. Thangaraj, R. Jegadeesh, L. Hariprasath. 2011. Antifungal activity of Bacopa monnieri against Dermatophytic Fungus. Biomedicine, 31: 74-77. 11. M. Kumar, R. Jegadeesh, V. Kaviyarasan. 2011. Nine species of Volvariella from Tamilnadu, India. Kavaka.
12. S. Manikandan, R. Sheela Devi, R.Srikumar, R. Ayyappan, R.Thangaraj, R. Jegadeesh, L. Hariprasath. 2010. In vitro antifungal activity of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of Acorus calamus Linn. International Journal of Pharmacology and Technology, 2:57-59. 13. R. Srikumar, R. Sheela Devi, S. R.Ayyappa, R.Thangaraj, R. Jegadeesh, L. Hariprasath. 2010. Anti-fungal activity of aqueous and ethanolic extract of Triphala and its individual fruit components. International Journal of Pharma Research and Development, 2(8):64-65. 14. S. Manikandan, R. Sheela Devi, R.Srikumar, R.Ayyappan, R.Thangaraj, R. Jegadeesh, L. Hariprasath. 2010. In vitro Antibacterial activity of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of Acorus calamus. International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 1(3):1072- 1075.
15. R. Vijayakumar, S. Latha, C. Sasikala, R. Srikumar, R.Thangaraj, R. Jegadeesh, L. Hariprasath, R. Ayyappan. 2010. Total phenolic content and antibacterial activity of various extracts of Plumbago zeylanica. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 3: 2442-2443. Under review/Submitted
1. Kavithambigai Ellan1, Ravindran Thayan, Jegadeesh Raman, Kazuya I.P.J.Hidari, Norizah Ismail, Vikineswary Sabaratnam. In vitro anti-dengue activities of culinary and medicinal mushrooms. Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine. 2. Raman Jegadeesh, Lakshmanan Hariprasath, Jang Kab-Yeul, Kong Won-Sik, Nanjian Raaman. In vitro cytotoxicity and lipid-peroxidase activity of ergosterol compounds from edible mushroom Pleurotus djmor var roseus. Molecules.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS CONFERENCE/ SYMPOSIA/ SEMINAR
1. R. Jegadeesh, S. Rajasekar, P. Selvakumar and K. Periyasamy. Antibacterial activity of Volvariella bombycina enhanced by neem leaf extract- National Seminar on Fungal Biodiversity- Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
Biotechnology and Bioinformatics (NSFBBB) and 32nd Annual Meeting of the Mycological Society of India (MSI) held in Bangalore on 2nd
-3rd February, 2006.
2. R. Jegadeesh, K. P. Kannan, K. Savitha Yadav, S. Bhuvaneswari, S. Kamal Raj and N. K. Udaya Prakash. Occurrence of Endophytic Fungi in Camellia sinensis (L.) 33rd Annual Meeting of the Mycological Society of India (MSI) held in Pudukkottai on 28th – 29th December, 2006. 3. R. Jegadeesh, S. Kamal Raj, S. Bhuvaneswari and N. K. Udaya Prakash. Preliminary Investigation on Antimicrobial Property of a Lichen, Evernia prunastri 33rd Annual Meeting of the Mycological Society of India (MSI) held in Pudukkottai on 28th – 29th December, 2006. 4. R. Jegadeesh, K. P. Kannan, S. Bhuvaneswari and N. K. Udaya Prakash. Microbial Investigation of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a Hospital in Belgaum, Karnataka. National Level Seminar on Emerging Trends in Life Sciences – 2006 held in Bishop Heber College Tiruchirappalli on 24th– 25th August, 2006.
5. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh, K. Kumaresan and K. Periyasamy. Volvariella bombycinai Singer- A New species Identified in Tamil Nadu, International Seminar on “Medicinal Plants and Herbal Products” held at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, A.P. on 7th 9th March, 2008. 6. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh and L. Hariprasath. In-vitro Antioxidant activity of Pleurotus djamor var. roseus. Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants Spices and other Natural Products
(ASOMPS) XIII Held at the Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad on 3rd-6th November, 2008.
7. N. Raman, L. Hariprasath and R. Jegadeesh. Investigations on Micropropagation of Acalypha indica Linn. International Seminar on “Medicinal Plants and Herbal Products” Held at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, A.P. A.P. on 7th - 9th March, 2008. 8. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh and L. Hariprasath. Antiproliferative activity of ergosterol isolated from the edible mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus against MCF-7 Cell lines. National Symposium-New Vistas for Mycology in Meeting Global Challenges MSI-held at CAS in Botany, University of Madras, Chennai, T.N. 29th & 30th January, 2009. 9. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh, G. Rajasekhar Reddy and L. Hariprasath. Biosynthesis of Au and Ag nanoparticles using edible mushroom extract. National Seminar on Fungal biodiversity & Bioprospecting in the age of global warming MSI –held at Department of Botany, Goa University, on 29th & 30th October, 2009.
10. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh, S. Archana and L. Hariprasath. Bioactive polysaccharide isolated from pink oyster mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus. National Seminar on Fungal biodiversity & Bioprospecting in the age of global warming MSI –held at Department of Botany, Goa University, on 29th & 30th October, 2009. 11. N. Raaman, R. Jegadeesh and L. Hariprasath. Nutritional analysis and Hypolipidemic activity of pink Oyster mushroom. National Conference on Recent Advances in Mycological Research. MSI-held at CAS in Botany, University of Madras, on 8th & 9th February, 2011. 12. N. Raaman, S. Archana and R. Jegadeesh. Water soluble polysaccharide isolated from Pleurotus djamor var. roseus. National Conference on Recent Advances in Mycological Research. MSI- held at CAS in Botany, University of Madras, on 8th & 9th February, 2011. 13. N. Raaman, S. Kamaaktchi and R. Jegadeesh. Isolated bioactive compounds from Cinnamomum zeylanicum and against to food contaminate microbes. National Conference on Recent Advances Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
in Mycological Research. MSI-held at CAS in Botany, University of Madras, on 8th & 89th February, 2011.
14. N. Raaman, C. Janaki and R. Jegadeesh. Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles from the plant Eclipta prostrate. National Conference on Emerging trends in Biological Research. Held at Department of Zoology, University of Madras, on 21st & 22nd February, 2011. 15. R. Jegadeesh, N. Raaman and K. Balasubramanian. Bioactive metabolites from pink oyster edible mushroom Pleurotus djamor var. roseus. National Conference on Mycodiversity with its Sustainable Exploration and Biotechnological applications and 38th Annual Meeting of MSI. Held at Department of Botany, Amravathi University, on 6th & 7th February, 2012. WORKSHOPS AND COURSE ATTENDED
1. Microbial Technology: Biotechnology & Application – By Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Agro & Industrial Biotechnology. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. Patiala
(Punjab). 20th – 25th February, 2006.
2. Theoretical and Practical aspects of GC – MS conducted by Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility – IIT, Chennai. 16th & 17th October, 2008. 3. Recent Trends in Biotechnology and Analytical Instrumentation by Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology - Presidency Collage & SAIF- IIT, Chennai. 5th – 7th March, 2008. 4. Biological testing and Industrial quality control- technical support in the workshop. Marina Labs, Choolaimedu, Chennai. 4th -9th June, 2007.
5. Isolation, Identification and Application of Bioconstituents- held in the Department of Biotechnology of Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai. Served as a Resource Person. 25th – 27th November, 2009. 6. Lab Animal Care and Handling Techniques – held in the J C Ed-institute for science scholars enrichment (JESSE), Chennai. 7th February, 2010.
7. Responsible Care and Use of Laboratory Animals Course 3/2014 - held at Animal Experimental Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Malaysia. 30th September & 1st October 2014.
8. Animal Experimental Unit Induction Course, Session 3/2014 - held at Animal Experimental Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Malaysia. 16th October 2014. Curriculum Vitae Jegadeesh Raman, PhD (Botany)
Father name : N. Raman
Date of Birth : 01 May, 1980
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
Languages known : English, Tamil & Kannada
Marital status : Married
Dr. Vikineswary Sabaratnam Dr. A. Suresh kumar
Professor and Head I/C Scientist
Mushroom Research Centre (MRC) Bio-Technology
Institute of Biological Sciences CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute University of Malaya-50603 Adyar, Chennai – 600 020 Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Chennai – 600 025, India
E-mail: email@example.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Dr. M. Jeyam
Department of Bio-Informatics
Coimbatore – 641 046, India
I hereby declare that the above given information is true to the best of my knowledge.
(Dr. R. JEGADEESH)