BS (Information Technology) MS (Computer Science)
Current Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Successful Business Data Analyst seeking a full-time position where I can use my experience in gathering requirements, analyzing datasets and provide meaningful strategies to help drive the business to new heights.
Manshaa Studios, Long Beach, CA Jun 2017 – Dec 2017
Business Data Analyst
• Collaborate with IT and work alongside business areas to ensure a properly configured and maintained existing warehouse system.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging the existing systems.
• Extract analytics data from data warehouse writing MySQL query in My SQL workbench and create real time analytics report for warehouse department.
• Created daily, weekly and monthly data reports for executive using Alteryx by blending data & creating data workflow, MySQL by extracting the data from warehouse, Advance Excel for desktop level visualization, SSRS for server level visualization and Tableau creating data dashboard and data stories.
• Created data dashboard, write data stories and performed data visualization using Tableau, Advance Excel and Alteryx by manipulating the data according the need of the business owners.
• Generated ad-hoc & analytical reports for executive’s and presented key data matrix to make decision from multiple sources like data warehouse, SSRS, other extended sources Oracle E-Business Suite.
• Develop cost analysis, design considerations, staff impact amelioration, and implementation timelines for company’s warehouse department.
• Decrement the number of item shipped throughout the day in data warehouse using alteryx and update the new item availability numbers to oracle for each SKU.
• Create an XML codes for actual number of item available for each SKU to be updated to the system.
Juneja Selection Aug 2014 – Jun 2016
Business Data Analyst Intern
Gathered and documented functional & Business requirement from the internal & external stakeholders and translated them to the offshore dev team.
Created data analytics reports using Excel for visualizing that helped in better decision making.
Maintained daily, monthly and Weekly dashboards using Pivot Table, Graphs & VLOOKUP to demonstrate SKU Level data.
Use SQL queries to extract data from data Warehouse and created sales trends dashboard on Excel.
Analyzed data to generate information about Product, Sales, Customers, Shipping like matching shipping prices, product category sold maximum etc.
Create Email Newsletter using Photoshop, perform email marketing using constant contact and measure email performance by analyzing the customer actions.
Yamaha India Pvt. Ltd, Faridabad, India Jan 2014 – Aug 2014
Junior Program Analyst
Involved in the implementation of design using vital phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) that includes Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance Support.
Prepared Flow Diagrams and Sequential Diagrams using MS Visio.
Involved in writing test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
Used Selenium for web services based automation testing.
Business Tools: SQL, Advance Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, MS VISIO, SharePoint, Google Analytics, ARCGIS, SSRS.
Business Management Skills: Data Analysis, Requirement Gathering, Business Analysis, Business Presentation, Stakeholder Engagement, JAD Sessions, BRD, FRD. Operating Systems: Windows, MS-DOS, Mac, and Linux.
Additional skills: Operational Analysis, Critical Thinking, Management of Personnel Resources, Time Management, Troubleshooting, and Equipment Maintenance.
Master of Science in Computer Science Aug 2016 – Aug 2018
California State University, Dominguez Hills, CA
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology Aug 2010 – Jun 2014
Maharishi Dayanand University, India