Ranem Humeidi, PharmD
Patient-centered Pharmacist with excellent people skills and dedicated work ethic
Able to apply independent judgment and critical thinking while educating patients, nursing staff, and pharmacy staff
Fluent in Arabic and able to build relationships with patients and professionals from diverse backgrounds
Proficient in RXconnect, PrimeRX, Cerner, Outcomes, Medicare Part D Planfinder, and Microsoft Office Suite LECOM School of Pharmacy Bradenton, FL Jun. 2018
• Doctor of Pharmacy
University of Texas San Antonio, TX Jun. 2014
• Bachelor of Science in Biology
• Cum Laude, University Scholars Scholarship Recipient LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Texas Pharmacist License #63754, Exp. Jan. 2021
APhA Comprehensive Immunization Certification, Jul. 2017 Alternative & Complementary Treatments in Tobacco Cessation BLS/CPR Certification, American Heart Association, Exp. Oct. 2020 Manatee County Rural Health Services Bradenton, FL Spring 2018 Fawcett Memorial Hospital HCA Healthcare Port Charlotte, FL Spring 2018 Largo Medical Center HCA Healthcare Largo, FL Winter 2018 Parallon Supply Chain Solutions HCA Healthcare Largo, FL Fall 2017 AIDS Health Foundation Safety Harbor, FL Fall 2017 Retail: Walgreen’s Pharmacy; Publix Pharmacy Bradenton, FL; Largo, FL Summer 2017 James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital Tampa, FL Summer 2015 Ambulatory Care: Evaluated existing medication therapies and integrated health promotion and disease prevention measures into patient health care plans. Collected, organized, and evaluated patient information. Educated patients regarding disease states, therapies, and required monitoring and follow-up care. Performed monitoring activities to assess efficacy and potential toxicity of drug therapies.
Advanced Institutional: Designed a 2-page summary sheet regarding "Periprocedural Management with Antithrombotic Therapy
– Adult – Inpatient Setting." Collaborated with the medical team in the ICU and the CSU. Reviewed patient profiles and made recommendations and interventions. Performed daily pharmacokinetic dosing and formal patient case presentation. Acute Care Medicine: Conducted a patient/caregiver interview to gather patient's medication therapy and health status. Formulated a concise and evidence-based patient-centered pharmaceutical care plans in collaboration with other health care professionals, patients, and their caregivers. Provided patient education/counseling to a diverse population of patients and caregivers.
Ambulatory Care MTM: Provided direct patient care including obtaining patient medical and medication histories, evaluating drug therapies, developing pharmacy care plans, monitoring patients' therapeutic outcomes, consulting with physicians and non- physician providers, and providing education to patients and health care professionals. Advanced Community: Counseled patients on their prescribed and OTC medications, answered questions, measured and assessed blood pressure levels for patients, preformed face to face MTM services, solved insurance problems, answered phone calls, took phone orders from legal prescribers, preformed transfers, and helped with inventory management. Drug Information: Analyzed and synthesized information from tertiary, secondary, and primary sources to answer drug information questions received from 16 different West Florida Division HCA hospitals. Helped in formulating clinically relevant drug information responses to optimize patient care and outcomes. Performed drug formulary monograph reviews. Institutional Administration: Gained knowledge in pharmacy management and administration by rotating through the different areas of the division office, site visits, and operational staff meetings. SKILLS SUMMARY
PHARMACY PRACTICE EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
Ranem Humeidi, PharmD.
CVS Pharmacy Bradenton, FL; Helotes, TX Mar. 2016 Jun. 2018 Pharmacy Intern/Pharmacy Technician
• Supported pharmacy operations including inventory, personnel, and security with emphasis on customer relations
• Performed operational improvements including workflows, process improvements, and productivity gains
• Filled, reviewed, and monitored physician’s orders and drug interactions and performed OTC and Rx patient counseling
• Provided immunizations according to professional standards, laws, and practices University of Texas at San Antonio San Antonio, TX Aug. 2011 Aug. 2013 Research Assistant in Molecular Biology and Stem Cell Research Laboratory (Jun. 2012 Aug. 2013)
• Investigated the biology of spermatogonial stem cells, normal male germline development, and how stem cells might be used to regenerate spermatogenesis to help preserve fertility in prepubertal male cancer patients
• Performed and engaged in experiments by making and maintaining tissue cultures, extraction of mRNA, making cDNA, RT- PCR, PCR, Western Blotting, preparing (stem) cells for differentiation, cell proliferation, splitting, staining and analysis Independent Study in Molecular Biology and Stem Cell Research (Aug. 2012 Jun. 2013)
• Project: Labeling Individual Spermatogonia in the Mouse Testis With The Abcg2 Cre ERT2 x Rosa26 eYFP Using Inducible Version of Cre/lox system
• Investigated the biology of spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs) found in the testis to determine whether one or more populations of spermatogonia exist during development
• Performed analysis using Whole-mount Epifluorescence microscopy and Flow Cytometry Supplemental Instructor (Aug. 2011 Dec. 2012)
• Assisted professors in Algebra based Physics and general Chemistry
• Provided supplemental instruction and coordinated study sessions for students enrolled in the classes
• Fawcett Memorial Hospital. Management of Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Port Charlotte, FL. Apr. 2018.
• Largo Medical Center. Hyperammonemic Encephalopathy- A Urea Cycle Disorder. Largo, FL. Dec 2017.
• AIDS Health Foundation. Advances in Hepatitis C: Management and Treatment. Safety Harbor, FL. Aug 2017.
• AIDS Health Foundation. The Effect of Alendronate, Calcium, and Vitamin D on Bone Mineral Density in HIV Infected Patients. Safety Harbor, FL. Aug 2017.
• LECOM. CDC's Verdict on the use of FluMist for 2016-2017 Flu Season. Bradenton, FL. Mar. 2017.
• James A. Haley VA Hospital. Headache and over the counter medications used for headache. Tampa, FL. Jul. 2015.
• University of Texas at San Antonio: Cell and Molecular Biology Dept. Fertile offspring derived from mouse spermatogonial stem cells cryopreserved for more than 14 years. San Antonio, TX. Oct 2012.
• University of Texas at San Antonio: Molecular Biology and Stem Cell Research Lab. Labeling Individual Spermatogonia in the Mouse Testis With The Abcg2 Cre ERT2 x Rosa26 eYFP Using Inducible Version of Cre/lox system. San Antonio, TX. Dec 2012. Member Florida Society of Health System Pharmacists 2016 Present Member International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists 2016 Present Member The American Society of Health System Pharmacists 2017 Officer/Member/Secretory The College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists 2016 2017 Member The American College of Clinical Pharmacy 2015 2016 Member Alpha Epsilon Delta, Honor Society 2011 2014
Sysco West Coast Fl, Inc. Health Fair: Presented on topics such as Hypertension, Medical Adherence, Proper Medication Disposal 2016
CPNP 22 Pushups Challenge/Script Your Future: Raised awareness for Suicide Prevention, Depression, Medication Adherence 2016
APhA Health Fair, Healthy Sarasota Week: Educated on medication Adherence and conducted blood pressure and glucose tests 2015
Kobernick-Anchin-Benderson Independent Living Facility: Volunteer 2015
Alta Vista Elementary School: Educated 2nd grade students on healthy eating 2015
University Health System Hospital: Volunteer 2013 2014
Corazon Clinic: Volunteer for a non-profit organization 2011 2012 AFFILIATIONS