email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/BrianAlbertNYC • www.bkadesigns.com Professional summary
Creative Design Executive with extensive expertise in all facets of digital and print design for many of the worlds top consumer brands. A proven track record, with a career that covers branding, licensing, advertising, promotional and event design. Decisive and results-driven, with success in creative problem solving across multiple platforms. Leadership ability to successfully train and mentor emerging creative talent within an organization. Professional exPerience
Principal, Creative Director, New York, N.Y., 2016 – Present Independent Creative Consultant
Creative Direction, brand development, design and sales presentation work for a variety of clients, including financial institutions, advertising agencies and several non profits.
Google, New York, N.Y., 2011 – 2015
Creative Consultant (January 2015 - December 2015) Creative Lead, Operations (2013 – December 2014) Managed customized creative solutions, for Google’s strategic client partnerships. Aligned with sales, marketing and Google Maps teams to co-brand and promote client brands across multiple platforms.
• Created Digital designs across multiple product platforms. Clients included; YouTube, Verizon, Nextel, Equinox, Citibank, Chase, Capital One Bank, Coca-Cola, and Showtime.
• Collaborated with Google Maps development team to create a stronger brand integration experience, and customization capabilities within the maps program. Incorporated custom maps into multiple products.
• Delivered all branded awards for Google/Zagat 30 Under 30 events. This included digital, print programs and signage, for multi city events in top markets and social media sites throughout the US.
• Generated and updated all branded Zagat Recognition Award products; an International awards program that featured plaques, certificates, window decals and digital branding.
• Facilitated all branded assets for the Google Guest Chef Series program for international Google offices worldwide. Design Lead, Google/Zagat (2011 – 2013)
Supervised creative team within the Creative/Production department, including designers, cartographers and production staff. Oversaw implementation of Zagat brand re-design, on multiple platforms, to adhere to the newly created Google brand guidelines.
• Co-branded digital guides; produced 35 custom content digital/print guides to support Google/Zagat Sales teams quarterly revenue goals with their client’s brands.
• Led Zagat Brand re-design across multiple platforms. Updated all designs and re-branded to adhere to the newly created Google/Zagat brand guidelines: Consistency of branding, quality of design and overall user experience.
• Integrated Google Maps into Zagat retail print guides and customized corporate digital products.
• Created all Google branded advertisements, sales and marketing materials, signage and digital assets for the Google/Zagat Sales team. Including London 2012 Olympics, Republican and Democratic National Conventions. Zagat Survey, LLC, New York, N.Y., 2007 – 2011
Managed team responsible for all printed guides, digital advertising and sales support for the brand, both trade and corporate sales divisions.
• Lead the branding, conception and design of all printed materials across the Zagat brand; including Trade, Custom, Corporate, E-Book and digital guides, including related sales collateral and consumer facing products and packaging.
• Drove concept through completion for multi-year, national (10 major markets) outdoor transit advertising campaigns.
• Led team, and functioned as design lead for all custom corporate print and digital design. Financial, Entertainment, Fashion, Academic, Sports and Media clients include; HBO, CBS, Disney, Citi, NFL, Visa, Chase and many others.
• Streamlined custom corporate guide personalization imprinting process. Included developing a web based proof approval system with automated shipping confirmations.
• Managed the creation and implementation of all maps in Zagat printed and digital guides.
• Team lead for the creation of the Zagat Recognition Awards Program, including the development of establishment specific marketing materials, decals and award plaques. Brian albert (Page 2)
New York, NY 10025 • H: 212-***-**** • C: 917-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org • www.linkedin.com/in/BrianAlbertNYC • www.bkadesigns.com BKA Design Associates, New York, N.Y., 2003 – 2007 Principal, Creative Director
Managed all aspects of a full service design studio. Provided complete creative, including concepts, copy writing, digital photography, electronic pre-press and production.
• Clients included AOL, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Time Warner Book Group, Zagat Survey, Icon Interiors, John Wiley & Sons and multiple divisions of Penguin Group Publishers.
• Functioned as Design Principal; worked closely with clients, hired appropriate vendors as needed to create new and dynamic selling tools in both a timely and cost effective manner.
• Conceptualized and executed all aspects of brand design including both visual identity and messaging.
• Managed logo design, advertising, corporate identity, and direct mail across multiple advertising initiatives.
• Negotiated and implemented cost saving practices across a wide range of related vendors. Dalmatian Press (A division of Anderson Merchandisers), New York, N.Y., 2002 – 2003 Creative Director
Managed all creative for Warner Brothers licensed product, including books, select plush and games. Supervised creative team of designers, art directors and select packagers.
• Oversaw all aspects of creative for Warner Brothers licensed product; Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Power Puff Girls etc.
• Published more than 75 titles totaling over $10 million in gross sales for the license; representing a 15% sales increase over the previous year.
• Supervised creative team, and worked closely with publisher, editorial and production to insure tight deadlines were met, while producing the highest quality product.
• Partnered with international packagers and overseas manufacturers to create new and innovative formats for the license, in a cost effective manner.
• Collaborated with publisher, devised an aggressive, in-depth plan for the upcoming year, and presented it to the license. Bantam Dell Publishing Group (A division of Random House Inc.), New York, N.Y., 1995 – 2001 Design Director (Contract)
Conceptualized and designed high profile advertising for best-selling authors, and movie tie-in novels. Promotions included advertisements, direct mail, POP and sales/media kits.
• Conceptualized and designed high profile advertising for best-selling authors which include Danielle Steel, Dean Koontz, and Robert Ludlum. Promotions include: advertisements, brochures, POP and sales kits.
• Partnered with Lucasfilm, Columbia Pictures and Dreamworks SKG on design and licensing issues for various movie tie-in novels; Star Wars®, “Men in Black”, “Hannibal”,“Dune” etc.
• Art directed multiple custom and trade catalogs per year for Bantam Dell Publishing Group. Design was adapted to multiple promotional items and used throughout the selling season.
• Supervised a creative staff of designers, photographers and illustrators to keep projects running smoothly and insure that deadlines were met.
• Conceived and designed a broad range of digital banner ads, with varying levels of motion and complexity.
• Collaborated with marketing, production and purchasing departments, estimating costs and working within budget.
• Executed comprehensive knowledge of electronic pre-press procedures and production, which includes inspection of press proofs, and attendance of press runs to maintain overall print quality. education
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design