Luna G. Jamil Yazdia
Cell: 416-***-**** – email@example.com
Enthusiastic, energetic individual looking for an opportunity to join an organization to grow professionally. Having left the industry for a while in order to care for family and relocate to Canada, I am seeking a position that will utilize my skills and expertise, presenting me the chance to advance and integrate into the local pharmaceutical field while preparing for my PEBC exams. Professional Summary
Unlicensed Pharmacist with demonstrated versatility in adapting to ever-increasing complexity in the healthcare industry; committed to providing quality pharmaceutical care as an essential link in disease management. Skills
- Accurate pharmaceutical calculation
- Critical thinking
- Prescription filling training.
- Attention to detail
- Prescription drug labeling.
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated self - starter.
- Articulate and well – spoken
- Excellent planner and coordinator
- Works well under pressure
- Microsoft Excel certified
Clinic Administrator 2014 to Present
- Part of the team responsible for setting up and opening Massage Addict Mississauga Meadowvale
- Trained new front desk staff on manning the front desk
- Trained new front desk staff on using the online booker software.
- Trained staff on using direct billing portals (Telus & Provider Connect)
- Followed up on appointments with clinic clients
- Organized the client filing and archive system
- Manned the front desk when required
Pharmacist Assistant 2003 to 2007
- Prepared prescriptions
- Sold and Prepared prescribed medication
- Stocked itinerary and routinely monitored inventory
- Answered customer related inquiries over the phone and over the counter
- Maintained and filed patient records
Chief Pharmacist 2000 to 2002
Ministry of Health
- Conducted routine inspection of medication storage locations
- Inspected drug storage sites, monitored drug supply expiration dates and ensured proper supply levels.
- Receptively answered customer questions and helped locate desired items in the pharmacy.
- Managed drug and supply
- Assessed the correct identity, strength and purity of the medication
- Managed supply procurement and management processes.
- Correctly completed pharmacy paperwork, including daily and weekly reports
- Checked prescriptions for appropriate dosage, drug interactions, allergies and contraindications before dispensing medications Page 2 of 2
- Coordinated the pharmacy staff schedule and assisted with personnel monitoring and performance evaluations.
- Directly supervised 4 pharmacy technicians, interns and support staff while on duty
- Communicated regularly with physicians, nurses and managed care organizations Analytical pharmacist 1996 to 2000
Forensic Medical Institute
- Analyzed organic and inorganic compounds to determine their chemical properties
- Organized lab test solutions, compounds and reagents
- Working in a lab, run tests on samples collected by investigators, use a variety of techniques, including microscopy, optical analysis (UV, infrared, X-ray), gas chromatography, and other technologies.
- Carefully document the findings and write reports that are used to support criminal investigations, also responsible for testifying to the findings in court.
- Toxicologist involved in analyzing materials (e.g. blood, urine, or body tissue) for legal and illegal drugs as well as poisons; For example, when someone dies of an unknown cause, may examine the body in search of poisons, also used to perform DNA tests for sexual assault or paternity cases.
Pharmacist 1994 to 1996
Ministry of Health,
Saddam Maternity Hospital
Analytical Pharmacist 6/1995 to 12/1995
- Performed chemical analysis on (blood, urine, feces) samples collected from the patients
- Reported scientific results
- Used a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software Pharmacist 12/1995 - 6/1996
- Filed and re-filed patient prescriptions
- Along with doctors or other healthcare professionals, helped create drug treatment programs for patients
- Answered questions patients had concerning the proper use of medications, dosages and/or side effects, and drug interactions
- Consulted with physicians to decide whether adjustments needed to be made to prescriptions Clinical Pharmacist 12/1994 - 6/1995
- Responsible for planning, execution, distribution of medications and clinical services for a Long Term Care Facility, also responsible for creating standardized processes for clinical consulting activities of the specialty hospital. Education
Bachelor of Science Pharmacy 1994, Collage of pharmacy, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq