S H A U N C O L L I N S
San Pedro CA 90732
310-***-**** • email@example.com
Networking IT professional with over 10 years of networking experience, including seven years of Juniper expertise. More than three years as a senior Network Engineer in a multivendor service provider environment with market data network architecture.
Key competencies include:
• Routers/Switching: Juniper/ Arista / Cisco/ Extreme /Brocade/
• Firewalls: Palo Alto/Cisco/Juniper/Fortinet/
• Technologies: MPLS -TE/L3/VPN/VPLS/Multicast/OSPF/BGP/MPBGP/IS-IS public and private peering cross-connects/transit circuits/T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, 1Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, 40 Gigabit 100 Gigabit DWDM, microwave links
C E R T I F I C A T I O N S
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional JNCIP-SEC/JNCIP-ENT/
• Juniper Networks Certified Support Professional JNCSP-SEC
• Arista Configuration Essentials –ACE
• Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer /PCNSE/
• FortiGate Network Security Professional NSE 4
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist: JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-ENT
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate: JNCIA-SSL, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-JUNOS
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
Intervision Systems Santa Monica, CA
Sr. Systems Engineer / IT June 2012 – Present
Intervision is a systems integrator/VAR as such my primary roles are PRE/POST sales of our technology vendors. Ranging from Juniper/Arista/Cisco/Brocade for routing and switching .Managed customer relationships with technical staff members for either pre-sales or post-sales support on projects. Core vendor technologies would be on Juniper MX product line along SRX/EX/ . Have deployed juniper MX-960’s/MX480/MX-240/MX80 to MX-5, SRX5800 to SRX-240H2,EX-9200’s EX-8216 XRE’s in hosting environment to EX-4550/4500. Arista 7500-E/7150S/Q 7124-SX/FX As key member to southern California team at Intervision.
I’ve managed customer demographic accounts from the top Web 2.0 companies to top multimedia companies. Currently pursuing my JNCIE-ENT.
Keck Medical Center of USC Alhambra, CA
Lead Network Engineer / IT Oct 2011 – June 2012
As network lead I handle all operational tasks for support along with design and documentation of all network connectivity. Managed a team of four engineers setup device configuration standards
Best practices. Manage and support large clinic migrations to Keck new CEN network (Clinical Enterprise Network). Also worked with VAR’s
• Installed and configured Juniper MX 80’s edge routers; also installed and supported, EX4200/EX 4500. Extreme Networks 8810’s Summit 4050’s Cisco 6500/2960’s switches
• Juniper SSL-VPN SA-4500’s Juniper SRX 650’s/3400 firewalls.
• Implemented VRF’s for third party vendor’s connectivity along with IPSEC tunnels.
• Vendors and hardware include: Alcatel, Juniper, Cisco, and Extreme Networks.
Technicolor Global Telecom Burbank, CA Senior Juniper Network Engineer / TPN Mar 2010 –Oct 2011
Responsible for redesign of Technicolor’s Global Data Networks with the goal of ten-gigabyte connectivity. Provide design and hands-on leadership in a dynamic work structure in a multi-vendor environment. Responsible for Technicolor’s core production network of 135 global sites.
• Installed and configured Juniper MX960 3D Universal Edge as a logical system virtualization platform; also installed and administered MX80, MX240 (IRB), MX960, EX4200/EX 4500
• Designed, deployed and configured MPLS-TE, L3 VPNs, L2 VPNs and implemented VRF
• Vendors and hardware include: Alcatel, Juniper, Brocade, Cisco, Extreme Networks, Nortel
• Deployed global IS-IS, multi-protocol BGP, ten-gigabyte connectivity with the goal of
Asian/European/US collocation with New York/Los Angeles connection.
Lockheed Martin Little Rock, AR Senior Network Engineer / IT Oct 2009 – Mar 2010
Security Engineer for United States Air Force unclassified network build out project. The project’s scope included deployment of all ISG-1000 IDP blades and SSG-350 firewalls and installation of Juniper IDP-75 sensors to all remote sites.
• Implemented best security practices for all IDP sensor deployments and configured NSM servers for all Juniper equipment and installed and configured Juniper’s STRM appliances.
• Deployed Extreme Networks Sentriant AG NAC solution and NG300 threat detection system and configured Extreme Networks Wireless Summit WM3000 controllers with AirTight SpectraGuard wireless IPS and APs.
• Installed and configured of Juniper SA-6500's with IVE services virtual hosts, WSAM, Network
Connect, pass-through proxy, web rewrites, multiple-sign policies and authentication realms.
Financial Asset Trading & Technology, LLC (FATTOC, LLC) Beverly Hills, CA Senior Network Engineer / NOC June 2007 - Aug 2009
Senior network engineer for a financial extranet provider and high frequency, algorithmic trading company. Responsible for the firm’s production network, which included 10 global data POPs.
• Continually researched and implemented code updates, including regression testing on production systems and planned for network upgrades and implemented hardware testing.
• Developed and maintained BGP routing policy for transit and peering traffic; tracked and
mitigated DoS and DDoS attacks.
• Coordinated data center installation, new order circuits and cross connects
• Implemented and maintained Juniper MX-240,M-7i,M-10, J2300,2320,2350, EX-4200. Foundry
Super X switches, firewalls Juniper ISG-1000, SGG-520, SSG-20, 5GT Vyatta 2501,514, Cisco
7204 VXR and A10 networks.
• Routing protocols included OSPF, BGP, MPLS-TE, multicast PIM, circuits Gig-E, Fast-E, Ethernet, DS-3, T-1's and microwave links; Network Management Tools included OpenNMS, NSMXpress
and custom core-ops tools.
• Supported Juniper SA-2500 and SA-4000, Cisco VPN concentrator. Also administered VOIP- ShoreTel ShoreWare Director, ShoreGear 40,50 ShoreGear -T1 equipment and Aruba networks
800 to 200 series.
Point.360 Hollywood, CA Network Architect / IT Specialist Oct 2006 - June 2007
Network Engineer / IT Specialist Aug 2003 - Jan 2005
Worked closely with business and technology counterparts to implement enterprise objectives and initiatives into the network architecture. Managed large-scale routers and security devices (100+) and policies (1000+) in an SLA / ticket-driven environment. Managed all IT infrastructure focusing on firewalls and routers.
• Managed Juniper Network devices including N5GT to NS-SSG550, J2300-J6300 and routers working with NSM, Juniper SSL-VPN and Juniper IDP.
• Administered Foundry and Cisco switches, with management tools NetScreen Security Manager,
MRTG, SmokePing, NetFlow Analyzer and InterMapper.
• Managed Cisco system routers 1721, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3640, 3800, 7206VXR and Cisco security devices PIX 501 to 525, Cisco ASA 5500.
• Linux system administration included both Suse and Red Hat.
• Configured and maintained all Cisco equipment including Cisco 1720, 2600, 3640, 7206 VXR
routers, CSS 11800.
• Implemented routing protocol BGP and OSPF and static routes to Cisco PIX firewalls 501, 506,
515, 525 series. Monitored network traffic using SolarWinds Network Management Software and
PIX device manager .
IVC Digital Film Center Burbank, CA Director of Information Technology / IT Jan 2005 - Oct 2006
Responsible for all IT infrastructure. Designed and deployed a network security scheme ranging from core layer devices such as Juniper J4300, J6300, and NetScreen 204, 208 to advanced series in a high availability configuration, utilizing Juniper Intrusion Detection & Prevention 50, 200
• Access layer devices were Foundry FastIron Workgroup switches; storage devices Isilon IQ series SANS; mail relay device was a Barracuda firewall 300 series in a cluster configuration; distributed layer devices included Foundry EdgeIron switches
• Managed forward proxy deployments using Blue Coat 200, 400, 800
• Standardized desktop images and deployment by enforcing strict group policies
• Maintained HP9000/3000 servers running proprietary applications
Match.net Los Angeles, CA Senior Network Operation Engineer / NOC Mar 2003 - Aug 2003
Installed and maintained all web servers, SQL servers, network equipment, Juniper M-Series routers, Foundry Networks FastIron 4802 switches, NetScreen 25, 50, 500 firewalls. Server operating systems included: Windows 2000, 2003, and Debian. Monitored network status using HP OpenView and server backups with Veritas and NT Backup.
Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Los Angeles, CA Data Systems Analyst I/CIO June 2002 - Mar 2003
Responsible for installing, upgrading, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop computers and peripherals in a Windows 95/98/NT/2000 network. Installed and administered of all Microsoft Windows NT and 2000 Servers/workstations, Microsoft Outlook and Cisco catalyst 3500 XL series switches.
DSL Extreme Van Nuys, CA Network Support / NOC Aug 2001 - Mar 2002
Used a strong knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols (BGP) and network management tools to design and implement complex Windows NT, Windows 2000 /98/ME/XP Wide Area Network architectures.
• Provided Tier 2 support for clients with services XDSL, Frame Relay, Point-to-Point T1 and firewall solutions (Checkpoint Firewall-1, NetScreen 5XP to 100, Pix 501).
• Configured and supported Cisco 2500 to 7200 routers and Intel routers. Supported Alcatel, Efficient Networks, Westell XDSL modems and T1 installations
Verizon Thousand Oaks, CA Network Administrator / PCC Sept 2000 - Aug 2001
Responsible for 2000 servers and remote access/VPN servers on WAN/LAN. Provided technical support for Fujitsu, Westell, Alcatel, and Efficient Networks ADSL modems. Technologies included: Frame Relay-DLCI, ATM, Lucent Technologies NavisCore, QoS-Classes CBR/UBR Provisioning PVCs, Alcatel Multiplexers, ASAM, RAM, DSLAM.
Activision Santa Monica, CA Desktop Support / MIS Apr 1998 - Sept 2000
Responsible for installing, upgrading, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop computers and peripherals for 400 clients on Windows 95/98/NT/2000, Macintosh and Linux platforms. Installed and maintained Windows 2000 servers and Exchange servers.