Mathew C. Martin
Experienced IT Professional
Agile software developer with a depth of experience across multiple technology platforms. Supportive and enthusiastic team player with natural leadership savvy, adroit business development skills with strong customer service and communications expertise.
SOFTWARE EXPERTISE CAREER FOCUS
Linux/Windows Software Development
CSS/HTML Business Development
Heroku/NodeJS Hardware Support
SQL/JSON/XML Database Administration
Github/Google Apps scripts Systems Admin/ Sysops
Kenmore Heritage Society Inc. 501(c)(3), Kenmore WA 2011 – Present
Vice President & Digital Archivist
- Signed partnership with Google Cultural Institute to create a virtual museum online for the general public.
- Worked in collaboration to produce an online repository of local historical newspapers dating from 1908.
- Developed annual photo contest to capture theme based images within a specific geographical location for community benefit.
- Managed the dissemination of a digital archive to promote heritage and culture through corporate donation.
- Managed sales and marketing materials including the award winning history book, Kenmore by the Lake: A Community History.
Slalom Consulting, Seattle, WA 2006 – 2008
Internal IT Support Analyst
- Supported 800 Consultants across the US in their IT needs with respect to laptop support and network connectivity.
- Provided server installation and maintenance services.
- Facilitated New Hire Orientation and training for Corporate Headquarters.
- Provided audio/visual support for company executive presentations and corporate retreats.
- Administered Microsoft Sharepoint server supporting entire Slalom enterprise.
- Performed site installation and regional travel specifically to develop more personalized customer service with remote clientele.
- Managed laptop replacement program upgrading existing hardware and software for consultants across the company.
- Designed and implemented a mobile multi-media marketing kit for use during industry shows and large multi-vendor events.
- Ran IT service helpdesk providing a single point of contact for software, hardware, networking, remote access and password support.
- Performed troubleshooting and hardware and software fixes for desktop and laptop computers, printers, copy machine, phone, fax, card key security, facilities, data closet, server rack, office equipment and furniture for both existing and new office installations.
The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA 2005 – 2006
- Provided single point of contact for software, hardware, networking, remote access and password support for Boeing Enterprise Worldwide, including software installation and configuration.
- Supported enterprise-wide Windows 2000 to Windows XP migration project involving more than 100,000 workstations.
- Provided support, analysis and troubleshooting for WAN/LAN connectivity, hardware and software configuration and wiring for ethernet networks, including wireless WPA and WEP encryption.
- Delivered remote access VPN, dial-up and wireless connection configuration support, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Provided Tier 1 troubleshooting for RISC-based computing, AIX, Sun-OS, HP-UNIX, MVS connectivity and software configuration and supported XtoPC, CATIA v4 and v5, RUMBA and Single Glass.
- Performed Tier 2 software support for Microsoft Office suite products including Access, Visio, Project, Exchange and Outlook.
- Supported user data backup and restoration prior to and after migration and assisted users with new image configuration and restoring data configuration.
IBM Global Services, Seattle, WA 1998 – 2005
Service Support Representative
- Provided Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support on nationwide and enterprise-wide financial accounts. Technical response included laptop and server hardware and software troubleshooting, issue identification and resolution and data recovery.
- Served as project coordinator supporting financial institutions with conversion of new acquisitions and branch upgrades comprising more than 50,000 work stations. Managed client relationship and project logistics, including equipment orders, tracking, asset management, documentation, database administration, vendor communications and post-installation support.
- Acted as service request coordinator on IMAC Team (Installation, Move, Add & Change). - - - Coordinated equipment delivery, tech dispatch, asset management, post-installation issues and departmental moves.
- Functioned as team lead for nationwide workstation, server and network conversion project. Upgraded workstations and servers and converted networks from token ring to ethernet.
- Performed as project manager for internal Y2K readiness assessment.
Responsibilities included compiling, analyzing and rectifying readiness issues prior to Y2K.
- Completed hardware installations as field technician for leading national accounts.
INSTITUTION COURSEWORK YEAR
University of Washington Beginning Python 2018
Code Fellows Seattle Int. Web Development 2017
UC Santa Barbara BA, History 1996
United States Marine Corps, Japan/Korea/Bahrain/Saudi Arabia 1987–1991 Communications Center Operator, Communications Watch Officer Top-secret security clearance, meritorious promotion, Corporal
Vice President and Digital Archivist, Kenmore Heritage Society Inc. 2011-Present Member of the Acquisitions Committee responsible for digitization and archival of the Society's artifacts with the support of King County 4Culture.
Kenmore Art Show Logistics Chair, The Arts of Kenmore 2011-2018 Provided design, logistics and financial service support to Kenmore's highly acclaimed public art show. Tasked with document management, site set-up, electronic debits and security, as well as volunteer support at Bastyr University.
Board Secretary, Kenmore Library Advisory Board 2012-2014 The Kenmore Library Advisory Board (KLAB) serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Trustees of the King County Library System and to local library officials. The Library Advisory Board also reports to the Kenmore City Council.
PTA Art Docent, Northshore School District 2009-2013 Assisted elementary school children with learning art fundamentals. Provided instruction and guidance based on approved PTA/NSD curriculum and frameworks.
National PTA Reflections Contest, Northshore School District 2012-2016 Provided logistical support with set-up and take down of annual district art show. Performed district co-Chair duties in 2012.
Board Secretary, The Arts of Kenmore 2012-2017 The Arts of Kenmore is a nonprofit organization whose goal is to encourage and promote both passive and active participation in all forms of the arts by the citizens of the area for the enrichment of the community.
Seattle-Reads.com Code Fellows 2017-Present Developed in collaboration a website that pulls check out information from the Seattle Public Library API for the general public.