NeuroGym, San Diego, CA July - October 2018
Senior Web Developer / Technology Advisor (contract) Venture-backed startup delivering live and on-demand training and coaching products.
• Decreased product time-to-market 40% by implementing service-oriented architecture.
• Reduced development hours by 45% ($40k).
• Improved and corrected complex networking issues with an emphasis on real-time and historical data rendering, increasing site efficiency by 33%.
• Introduced failover preparation, security, infrastructure, QA, load testing and oversaw information systems, which resulted in zero technical or security events.
• Expanded development with a focus on UX, resulting in a 46% reduction in support requests.
Ads, Inc., San Diego, CA December 2017 - June 2018 Senior Web Developer / Technology Advisor (contract) Responsible for strategy development, solution design, production execution, software integration and staff relations for technology base affiliate digital marketing firm.
• Created a CRM using custom code and integrations resulting in a scalable system that increased revenue 30% and productivity 35%, with a 55% reduction in account closures.
• Minimized downtime and loss during a DDOS attack, preventing $65k lost revenue.
• Optimized networking architecture (including evaluation of system security and backup procedures), resulting in a $10k reduction in monthly service fees.
• Produced strategic workflows and documentation that increased productivity 20%.
• Added a reporting dashboard that allows tracking of company KPIs, reducing manual reporting by 90%, saving $5k monthly expenses and reducing errors by 40%. Brian Robison
editorr, LLC, San Diego, CA January 2013 - current Chief Technical Officer and Co-Founder
Responsible for all technology development for bootstrapped startup that delivers the first on demand copyediting/ proofreading service.
• Delivered algorithm which increased customer satisfaction 35% and quality 30%.
• Produced dashboard for editors to manage notifications, payments and employment information increasing hiring time 30%, payment processing 75% reducing errors 25%.
• Introduced notification system for editors which reduced time to pick a job 85%.
• Added chat messaging system that allows users to chat in real time with their editors that increased customer satisfaction by 45% and reduced customer support tickets by 60%.
• Contributed to all front-end, back-end and middle-tier technologies used to allow overall company growth by 10-15% annually since its launch in 2016. Socialtect, LLC, San Diego, CA January 2010 - December 2017 Chief Technical Officer
Oversaw all product development for a bootstrapped startup focused on delivering website and related technical services to clients for a digital technology firm.
• Delivered a platform that increased order efficiency 60% and reduced order error by 75%. This increased efficiency by 40%, generating an additional $700k revenue.
• Introduced a CRM solution that enabled order tracking, document preparation, marketing and compliance, leading to a 20% ($650k) revenue increase and error reduction of 43%.
• Optimized a client's online order system by improving design, workflow and security, increasing online sales by 20% and reducing customer complaints 70%.
• Eliminated integrations for a client by creating custom scripts, functions and applications. This resulted in a reduction of $5k in monthly fees. Next Level Educator LLC, San Diego, CA January 2007 - January 2010 Web Developer
Bootstrapped startup delivering training and coaching products for educators.
• Produced a proprietary membership platform in 2007-2008 (when many of today’s integrations were not readily available), resulting in $200k in sales. EDUCATION
Argosy University 2016
Masters - Business Administration (MBA)
Ferris State University 2000
Masters - Criminal Justice Administration
Bachelors - Criminal Justice minor on Computer Information Systems 1999