Note: I recently relocated from the suburbs of Chicago to Frisco, Texas. I look forward to bringing my extensive skills and knowledge to my new home state. Summary
Custom home builder and remodel superintendent with over 30 years’ experience managing all aspects of construction – blueprints, building codes, design, inspection procedures, site control, scheduling, and safety. Built long lasting relationships with sub-contractors, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and excavators. Proven track record of success in achieving time, budget, and quality goals on a broad range of custom residential and commercial projects. Frequent interaction with customers, keeping them informed on progress and addressing any of their questions or concerns. Project Management
• Review and analyze blueprints and contracts to determine all aspects of a project.
• Discuss any potential issues with builders and architects and advise on necessary changes to blueprints.
• Plan project schedule, determining the most efficient way to complete project while maintaining quality of the work being done.
• Manage sub-contractors – plumbing, electrical, HVAC, excavators, concrete – building quality, long lasting working relationships.
• Solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills, interacting with general contractors, architects, designers, inspectors, and clients.
• Multiple examples of early detection of potential issues and offering recommendations on how to resolve them, keeping the project on time, within budget, and exceeding client expectations.
• Communicate potential change orders to general contractor as soon as they become known.
• Detail oriented, outstanding problem-solving skills, and ability to make decisions under tight deadline.
• Explain blueprints to workers.
• Coordinate, schedule, and supervise workers’ activities.
• Ensure workers have appropriate training and tools to execute their jobs effectively.
• Interview and discharge employees.
• Stay current on local building codes.
• Execute accident and incident reports.
• Verify regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained.
• Responsible for establishing and enforcing safety measures.
• 30-hour OSHA certification
Residential Production Superintendent
October 2017 to July 2018
• Foremost luxury home remodeling company in the Chicagoland area.
• Manage multiple high-end residential projects including home additions, basements, kitchens, and baths.
• Proven experience in residential remodeling with strong trade knowledge.
• Effectively manage and follow-up on multiple priorities.
• Daily communication with customers, keeping them updated about the job's progress, answering questions and managing their expectations.
• Coordinate all inspections with local building departments. Foreman/Lead Carpenter
Revolution Home Builders
2014 to October 2018
• Recruited to supervise high-end construction, elevating the companies’ business image.
• Field representative of the business owner.
• Manage teams of 4-12 workers.
• Work jointly with builder and customer to review job progress and proactively address issues.
• Ensure the safe, cost-effective, and timely completion of all projects to exceed client expectations.
• Earn frequent accolades from builders and clients. Available upon request.
• Building locations include, but not limited to: Chicago, Hinsdale, Naperville, Western Springs, Clarendon Hill, Winnetka, and all along the north shore. Executive Superintendent/Foreman/Lead Carpenter
1991 to 2014
• Multiple single family, multifamily and commercial projects including executive estates, townhomes, commercial business, rehab and remodel of historical properties.
• Manage teams of 5-10 workers.
• Tasked with oversight of quality control on all jobs.
• Specialized in projects in the $750,000 to $10M range.
• Customer specifically asked for me to run the remodel of his personal Bed and Breakfast in Door County, Wisconsin.
• Builder customer recruited me to build a multi-million-dollar lakefront vacation house near Fennville, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan. Foreman/Lead Carpenter
Rayco Construction Company
1987 to 1991
• Single and multi-family residential projects.
• Promoted to foreman role after 3 years of being a laborer/carpenter.
• Leading builder friend recruited me to build his personal two home compound and marina in
• Key Largo Florida on the shores of the Atlantic. Computer Skills
• Builder Trend, AFD (Airoom’s custom project management software), Dropbox, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet.
• Very proficient in the use of mobile device smartphone and/or tablet.
• Can learn any application an organization uses.
Northern Illinois University 1983-1986
Recommendations available upon request