firstname.lastname@example.org .*** Graham Ridge Rd, Naugatuck CT
With over 18 years in the healthcare industry, I’m fully committed to quality patient care and positive work environments. With one hundred percent patient satisfaction, impeccable attention to detail, error free in six years, my dedication to my work is definitely evident! I moved up extremely quickly in my positions due to my ability to not only work well independently but as a team. I would love to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a phlebotomy technician in a facility where i can apply my knowledge and experience, while being offered an opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Academy Of Medical Training
•Providing students 80 hours of applied experiences
•Performance of a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 100 successful unaided venipuncture collections.
•Performance of a minimum of 10 capillary collections.
•Instruction in a variety of collection techniques, including vacuum collection devices, syringe and capillary/ skin puncture methods .
•Training students in processing and manifesting requirements, order of draw, tube additives and proper use of PPE.
•Preparation for the CPT exam for the National Healthcare Association.
•Lab Protocols, patient demographics, OHSA regulations and CLIA requirements.
• Urine, oral and drug screens . Specialty lab kits and stool samples. Labeling and HIPPA regulations .
February 2015- January 2018
● Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
● Administer oral solutions according to established training.
● Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
● Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
● Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
● Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
● Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
● Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
● Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
● Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and data.
● Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
● Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
● Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off normal shift.
● Participate on special projects and teams.
● Stay-up-to-date on company communications and assist with the distribution of technical information to the work group.
● Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standing Operating Procedure
● With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment and the familiarity with established procedures.
● Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
● Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work group or PSCs.
● Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur.
St .Vincents Hospital
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant
August 2013- February 2015
● Verifies request, patient and specimen information.
● Draws blood from adult, pediatric and/or infant patients and processes specimens following established procedures and techniques.
● Follows in-process quality control procedures. Maintains related records.
● Remains aware of patient emotional/physiological condition and reports abnormal conditions to the proper people.
● Performing, recording and reporting POCT’s (Point-Of-Care-Tests), e.g. - PT/INR (Prothrombin Time/ International Normalized Ratio), and Glucose/Cholesterol/HDL.
● Maintains related equipment and supplies.
● Performs related duties, as required.
● Restocks supplies
● Staying up to date on lab policies and procedures Guardian Angels Homecare
Certified Nursing Assistant
December 2009- August 2013
• Responded appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.
• Tested and recorded blood glucose levels.
• Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
• Assisted patients with bathing, oral hygiene, grooming, feeding and elimination. • Assisted with ADLs. • Provided patients and families with emotional support. • Provided a comforting and soothing environment. • Administered simple range of motion exercises. • Positioned residents for comfort and to prevent skin pressure problems. • Assisted with transferring residents in and out of wheelchairs and adaptive equipment. • Assisted patients with ambulation and crutch walking. • Assisted with adequate nutrition and fluid intake. • Helped patients move in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs and automobiles. • Planned, prepared and served meals and snacks according to prescribed diets. • Cooked appetizing and satisfying meals and snacks. • Scheduled and accompanied clients to medic Education:
Certificate in Phlebotomy/ EKG Griffin Hospital School Of Allied Health - Derby, CT
Certificate in Certified Nursing Assistant Valley Medical Institute - Bridgeport, CT 2012
Academic Excellence Having The highest grade point average in Phlebotomy Class.
Employee of the Month
Helping Hand Award February 2015 President of the hospital presented me with this award for treating a patient with exceptional service when I didn't know anyone was watching .
Doctor letters February 2016 All the doctors in the practice wrote to the head of quest about my exceptional service I provided to patients and the practice . Always went above and beyond to help the client and my patients . These letters and an article were written in my honor in the Quest magazine. 100% patient satisfaction
Article Written in Quest Magazine- Outstanding patient service / Client Service
Certified Nursing Assistant August 2012 to August 2014 NA91280505 Phlebotomy Technician/ EKG April 2013 to April 2019 Z8N2X4B3 CPR October 2018-2020
GROUPS Community Outreach Program/ Griffin Hospital Volunteer Work May 2013 to Present Griffin Hospital community Outreach Program: Healthcare Bus drawing PSA's for Men's Health Initiative. Helping With The Valley Women's Health Initiative.
• Strong clinical judgment
• Patient/family focused
• Professional bedside manner
• CPR/First Aid certified
• Dementia and Alzheimer's knowledge
• Trustworthy companion
• Venipuncture using different types of needles.
• Efficient and reliable team player
• Patient-focused care
• Feeding assistance expert
• Committed team player