Christopher A. McNair
To get a growth oriented position in a reputed company where my skills can be utilized for improvement and success of the company and myself. I am a detail -oriented, highly motivated engineer with years of experience leading major projects and developing innovative processes. Proven ability to excel in cross -functional product design in collaboration with multidisciplinary departments. Instrumental in improving efficiency and decreasing costs. Trains and supervises employees with a hands-on approach to manufacturing and troubleshooting.
Committed to the highest standards of quality control with a focus on innovative modeling and consistent experimental analysis. Seeking new challenges within an industry leading professional organization. Works independently with minimal guidance and enjoys contributing as part of a team. High technical proficiency in programming and design.
Core Strengths/Technical Skills
• 3D (Computer Aided Design) CAD
• Proficient with Solidworks
• Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Engineering Product Data management Software (EPDM)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Proficient with AutoCAD
• Pro-E CREO Computer Aided Design Software
• Create Blueprints Using CAD
• ASME, ANSI, ISO
• Convert Basic Design Information and Requirements Into Working Drawings
• Read and Interpret Drawings and Specifications
• Understand Diagrams, Drafts, Flow-Charts, and Other Information and Documents
• Sound Knowledge of Engineering Fundamentals
• Knowledgeable of Machining and Fabrication
• Identify Potential Design Improvements
• Troubleshoot and Solve Problems
• Develop and Test Prototypes
• Test Building Materials
• Analyze Test Results and Adjust Design if Needed
• Research Materials for Future Design Opportunities and Usage
• Recommend Modifications for Design Improvements and Simplification
• Assist with Field and Manufacturing Problems
• Project Management
• Develop Project Scope and Timeline
• LEAN Methodologies
• Provide Cost Estimates for Materials, Equipment, and/or Labor
• Oversee Project Manufacturing Process
• Prepare Designs and Estimates
• Product Validation Experience
• Write and Maintain Operating Procedures and Standards
• Ability to Work Under Pressure
• Decision Making
• Proactive and Willing to Take on New Challenges
• Time Management
• Conflict Resolution
M&A Contracting, (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA)
09/2016 - 08/2017
Senior Mechanical Engineer overseeing multiple modification, redesign and new construction projects for residential and commercial construction.
Field Aerospace, (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA)
12/2015 - 06/2016
• Design and placement of components requiring Structural Modification
• Design and modification of aircraft outer mold line
• Created assembly and layout drawings using SolidWorks 2014.
• Performed stress calculations and flow analysis to validate engineering modifications
• Developed High Fidelity Computational Fluid Dynamics and FEA Schedule
Aerodynamic Design and Structural Modification of the following components:
• Lower Fuselage Fairing (Canoe)
• LOS Directional Radar
• Upper Fuselage Radome
• ELINT Antennas
• Tail-cap Radome
• COMMINT System and related antennas
• LOROP Interior Workstations
• Side Scan Radar
• Interior Equipment Racks
• EOIR Ball Turret Cameras
• WBLOS Radar
Engineering (PM) Program Manager B2A Spirit (Hydraulic Reservoirs)
Northrop Grumman (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA)
10/2015 - 12/2015
• Developed (SOW) Statement of Work
• Developed (IMS) Integrated Master Schedule
• Primary point of contact between customer and contractors
• Developed budget allocation and tracked program costs
• Reviewed Engineering Design
• Managed staffing and successful performance of team members
Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Choctaw Defense (McAlester, Oklahoma, USA)
11/2014 - 09/2015
• Played key role in designing (FSB) Field Service Body for the (USN) United States Navy
• Created assembly and layout drawings using SolidWorks 2014.
• Performed data analysis and provided recommendations to achieve structural integrity and safe operations.
• Designed and Prepared specifications of electrical systems and line drawings to ensure that installation and operations conformed to DOD standards and customer requirements.
• Managed detail BOM and Costs for (FSB) Field Service Body.
CEO, CTO, Senior Engineer
Attopilot International LLC (Moore, Oklahoma, USA)
07/2006 - 11/2014
• 11 years’ experience in identifying design requirements and developing solutions.
• Developed conceptual layout and design of Unmanned aircraft systems from product specifications using SolidWorks, 3D modeling CAD software.
• Built functional prototypes of products, components and mechanisms.
• Prepared conceptual designs and specifications, including hands-on fabrication, material and performance validation.
• Performed data analysis and provided recommendations while achieving the highest level of operational efficiency with the use of SolidWorks (FEA) Finite Element Analysis in conjunction with SolidWorks FloWorks (CFD) Computational Fluid Dynamics software.
• Coordinated technical development, scheduling and problem solving for engineering design and test problems.
• Specified system components and directed product modifications to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Coordinated all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication and operation of product designs.
• Planned and evaluated results of analysis, modeling and experiments.
• Developed and completed testing of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
• 11 years of industry experience.
• 8 years of executive experience.
• Managed a staff of 23 people.
Research and Development Manager, Chief Test Pilot
(IWA) Internal Wing Aircraft Technologies, INC, (Yukon, Oklahoma, USA)
02/2002 - 04/2007
• 5 years’ experience in identifying design requirements and developing solutions with extensive R&D builds.
• Developed conceptual layout and design of Unmanned aircraft from desired product specifications using
SolidWorks 3D modeling and CAD software.
• Served as Chief test Pilot for all aircraft designs researched.
Project Installation Manager
Spectrum Design Group Inc, (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA)
06/2001 - 09/2007
• Installed Professional Audio, Video, and Lighting systems in Arenas, Stadiums, schools and Churches for production and broadcast.
• Prepared Installation drawings, rack layouts, and wire line drawings for equipment arrangements and space allocation using AutoCAD 2000 – 2007
AMH, Aircraft Mechanic
United States NAVY, (San Diego, California, USA)
07/1998 - 09/2000
Served on the USS Constellation, CV-64
Mechanic on the following Aircraft:
F/A-18, F-14D, EA-6B
University of Oklahoma (Norman, Oklahoma, USA
MSAE Master of Science Aerospace Engineering
BSME Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
2004 – 2009
Areas of Study:
ENGR 1112, Intro. to Engineering
AME 2103, Interactive Engineering Design Graphics
ENGR 1001, Engineering Computing
PHYS 2524, General Physics for Engineering & Science Majors (Core II)
ENGR 2113, Rigid Body Mechanics
ENGR 2213, Thermodynamics
ENGR 2313, Structure & Properties of Materials
AME 2303, Design & Manufacturing Processes
AME 2533, Dynamics
ENGR 2613, Electrical Science
AME 3112, Solid Mechanics Lab
AME 3143, Solid Mechanics I
AME 3153, Fluid Mechanics
ENGR 3723, Numerical Methods for Engineering Computation
AME 3122, Heat Transfer & Fluid Mechanics Lab
AME 3173, Heat Transfer
PHYS 3223, Modern Physics for Engineers
AME 3353, Design of Mechanical Components and Thermal-Fluid Systems
AME 3253, Aerodynamics
AME 3272, Wind tunnel Laboratory
AME 3523, Aerospace Structural Analysis
AME 4163, Principles of Engineering Design
AME G4193, Introduction to Computer-Aided Design
AME 4273, Aerospace Vehicle Design I
AME G4362, Experimental Stress Analysis
AME 4373, Aerospace Vehicle Design II
AME G4383, Control Systems
AME G4832, Nondestructive Evaluation of Materials
Partech Composites (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Advanced Composite Technician
Areas of Study:
Composite Tooling Design & Advanced part layup
• - CLM-1 Hand lay-up & Mould Preparation
• - CLM-2 Plug/Pattern & Mould Construction
• - CMT-1 Vacuum Bagging techniques & Resin infusion processes
Available upon request