Spokane, WA *****
Seeking a high-impact construction supervision position requiring creative and innovative approaches to problem solving, strategy development and fulfillment of business goals - a challenging position in an organization that will fully utilize my wealth of experiences and work ethics while providing an opportunity for personal development and professional ad- vancement !
Site Manager, Construction Manager, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, General Foreman, Foreman, and owner/ operator. Over 20 years in all aspects of the Carpentry trade. Residential, Commercial, Cabinetry, Finish, Framing, Con- crete, ! Pre-Stress Concrete and Tenant Improvements, supervision and management. Experience
• Directed, supervised and managed activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings, tenant improve- ments, or other construction projects.
• Studied specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing re- quirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various build- ing methods.
• Assembled members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project.
• Ordered procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
• Conferred with and directed supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work pro- cedures.
• Interpreted specifications, and coordinated various phases of construction to prevent delays.
• Conferred with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work- force.
• Conferred with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction challenges and improve construction methods.
• Inspected work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are ad- hered to.
• Prepared, or received from subordinates, reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjust work schedule as indicated by reports.
• Directed workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
• Designated workers according to type of project, work, or construction activity directed.
• Scheduled and coordinated, on-site supervision, reporting progress and required paperwork, safety and QA/QC.
• Nearly 5 years in Iraq/Afghanistan as an independent contractor doing contract work in support of US Armed Forces
Work ! History
Construction Superintendent- MBA Construction: Magnolia, Texas. 10 Jun 2016 – 21 Oct 2017. Design build O&M facilities for renewable energy companies in different areas of the U.S. Supervise, direct and coordinate personnel/mate- rials for “on site” construction projects. Responsible for all site operations and personnel safety (no reportable incidents). Coordination with customer and all subcontractors. Maintaining and complying with schedule. Provide reports of progress to team members. QA/QC.
Construction Superintendent - Icon Identity Solutions: 11 Jan 2016 to 8 Jun 2016. Working throughout the US. Super- vise, direct and coordinate personnel/materials for “on site” construction projects. Responsible for all site operations and personnel safety (no reportable incidents). Coordination with customer and all subcontractors. Maintaining and comply- ing with schedule. Provide reports of progress to team members. QA/QC. All work is primarily Retail Commercial within a leased space of a larger department store and very fast paced. Construction Superintendent - MBA Construction, Blackfoot, Idaho. March 31, 2014 to 15 Mar 2015. Worked in Bakken, North Dakota. Supervise, direct and coordinate personnel/materials for “on site” construction projects. Responsible for all site operations and personnel safety (no reportable incidents). Coordination with customer and all subcontractors. Maintaining and complying with schedule. Provide reports of progress to team members. QA/QC. Construction Superintendent, Afghanistan, Fluor Construction Greenville, South Carolina, 23 October 2011 to 21 Jan 13. Supervise, direct and coordinate personnel/materials for “on site” construction projects. Responsible for all personnel safety (no reportable incidents). Completion of Interim/Final packages of projects, coordination with customer and site operations. Provide reports of progress to superiors. Inactive Secret Clearance. Site Manager, TF Rakkasan at COP Wilderness, Afghanistan. Employed with Fluor since 8 November 2010 and assigned to Wilderness since 3 December 2010 to 23 October 2011. Responsible for the direction and coordination of all aspects of site operations, departments, services and activities. Report operational status to management. Coordinate site opera- tions with military contacts and management. Coordinate and schedule activities of all departments of construction fields to ensure support services are provided on a timely basis. Supervise a team of employees and labor broker personnel. Also have secret clearance.
Superintendent, Halme Builders Inc., PO Box 1167, 1018 Morgan Street, Davenport, WA 99122 05/08 – 06/09. Spokane Falls Community College, tenant improvement/new addition and WSU Applied Sciences Labora- tory (T.I.) Supervised as many as 25 people on site. Responsible for complying with schedule; laying out tasks for all per- sonnel and subcontractors; ordering of necessary materials for job; on-site logistics; reporting progress to my superiors and owner on a weekly basis as well as providing input for any aspect of project; safety, QA/QC. Construction Manager, RMS, Panama City, FL – Location: Camp Taji, Iraq (AFCAP) 9 month contract. Responsible for reconstruction of 13 warehouses and surrounding grounds, entry roads/driveways; reporting progress to superiors, US- ACE, Iraqi Army; supervised upwards of 120 Iraqi Nationals/Indians/Philippines/S. Africans; coordination with subcontrac- tors; logistics, security of building materials/tools; daily logs and daily on site safety meetings; complying with time line schedule.
Superintendent, Vandervert Construction, Inc., Spokane, WA. 10/06 - 06/07. Responsible for construction of strip mall (8 units); coordination of all subcontractors; ordering of materials; on site logistics; city inspectors; safety, QA/QC. Reported weekly to superiors and owner and provided input regarding the project; upwards of 30 personnel on site. Carpenter/Supervisor, RMS, Panama City, Fl – Location: Camp Taji, Iraq (AFCAP) 1 year contract. Worked in Depart- ment of Public Works in support of military. Responsible for 10 TCN’s; completion of work orders/projects; on site safe- ty, QA/QC; teaching/supervising personnel under me. Carpenter/Foreman, KBR/ Halliburton - Iraq Victory Camp North 1 year contract. Responsible for 10- 20 TCN’s; traveled with them to FOB’s to complete projects; putting together all necessary tools/ materials to be forwarded to FOB; weekly reporting to superiors; daily logs; daily safety meeting logs; coordination with other pertinent personnel at FOB; QA/QC; ongoing instruction to all TCN’s under my supervision. Assistant Superintendent, Skanska USA Building Inc, Seattle, WA. 03/04 - 08/04 Carpenter/Sub-Contractor, Quality Home Enterprises Rainier, WA. 10/02 - 03/04 Assistant ! Superintendent, Baugh/ Skanska Beaverton, Or. 03/00 - 11/01 Certifications
• Carpenter's Apprentice Program-Local 470 Tacoma, WA
• Journeyman’s card-Local 470 Tacoma, WA.
• Solid Surface Material Installer-Local 98 Spokane, WA
• STP (Supervisory Training Program) Local 98 Spokane, WA
• EMT-Emergency Medical Technician-Tacoma Community College
• NCO Leadership School – Top 10 Graduate US Air Force
• NCO Public Speaking Course-Top 3 USAF – Speaking Award Recipient
• Veteran, United States Air Force, Honorable Discharge.
! • OSHA 30