**/**-**/** ********** of Youth Rehabilitation Services,Youth Services Center,Washington,DC. Detained Services Administration-Juvenile Justice Institutional Counselor.
● Executed the initial intake assessment process for the coordination of placement within the youth services center with regards to education,mental health,and medical services.
● Monitored dates to ensure treatment team reports are available and appropriately documented in youth’s papers and automated case file.
● Counseled and meet with youth individually,weekly or more frequently to address interpersonal and practical problem of the youth in their living environment.
● Served on the interdisciplinary treatment team with the responsibility for rehabilitation of youth for their return to the community.
Monitored youth’s treatment progress as documented,determine compliance and identifies reason for non-compliance of the youth.
● Facilitated and conducted group therapy sessions.
● Recommended alternatives strategies to address non compliance issues.
● Contacted family members and arranges visitations,made referrals for services needed by family members.
● Made recommendations to the court and its officers.
● Ensured all documentations are accurate and timely. 09/08/-05/10 Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services,Youth Services Center Washington,DC. Detained Services Administration Diversion Program –Detention Review Expediter.
● Developed and implement a Plan of Care for each youth with a set of specific goals for release while identifies community services and activities to meet their goals.
● Made recommendations for alternative strategies to address the over population issues at the Youth Services Center.(YSC).
● Forwarded recommendations to the Probation Office and requests to the Corporation Counsel,Juvenile Branch,to file motions recommending the lower level of detention for youth.
● Identified and recommended the appropriate services needed for the youth and families of youth,such as medical,clinical,social,educational,recreational and employment,etc,Arrange for services based upon resources available.
● Followed through to ascertain that court ordered services are obtained (example:medical,psychological, educational,vocational evaluation,etc).
● Represented the unit at the Step-Down meetings.
● Prepared disposition reports for submission to the courts. 02/06/-08/08 Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services Detained Services Administration,Washington,DC.Diversion Program-Electronic Monitoring -Supervisor
● Provided supervision for a unit of seven employees on a day to day operation of the electronic monitoring unit.
● Interpreted the policies and procedures to all stakeholders requesting the needed services.
● Severed as the lead person for the procurement of all the electronic equipment.Cost,shipping and receiving.
● Conducted weekly staff meetings
● Provided monthly statistical unit reports.
● Provided year ended employees evaluations.
03/97 -01/06 Department of Youth Administration Services,Bureau of Court and Community Services, Washington,DC.Home Detention Diversion Program-Social Services Representative
● Provided intensive supervision services for court order youth with regards to court compliance while in the community.
● Collaborated with probation officers,social workers,judges,attorneys,teachers,and other stakeholders to ensure return to court while remaining in the community.
● Conducted home and school visits.
• Provided courts testimony appearances when necessary.
● Maintained a current rosters of absconders for submission to the courts.
● Provided court reports to the court and its officers.
● Performed crisis intervention when needed.
● Monitored all assigned mentors.
● Skill in verbal and written communications
Education:Bachelor of Science,Special Education,Minor Psychology 1980 Grambling State University,Grambling,La.Certificate of Completion Sign Language,Level 1,Certified Peer Counselor Education 1998 Marshall Height Community Development Organization
(MHSD),Advance Youth Development Certification,DC Children and Youth Investment Trust Corporation,2000,Certified in Suicide Prevention,20001,Certificate of Completion Safe Crisis Management Course,2008,Certificate of Completion Moral Recognition Therapy (MRT),2013,Certificate of Completion for administrating GAIN assessment,2012. Software Skills:Microsoft Word,PowerPoint,Excel,Internet Explorer,Java print shop.,unications Volunteer Services:Upper Marlboro Boy &Girls Club,DC Government Partner in Education DCPS,Mt Calvary Catholics Church, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement (NOBLE),Certificate of Appreciation Evan Jr High School,United Black College Fund Drive,National Teacher Association Annual Convention,Washington,DC,Marine Corp Rock &Roll Marathon volunteer, Washington,DC.
Strengths:Highly motivated,Able to functions in a highly stressful environment,Demonstrated ability to function independently.
.Demonstrated ability to function with various level of employees,.Developed a network of reliable resources in both the public and private sector.
References:Will furnish upon request.