Marsha Loewenstein, Pharm D
Juno Beach, FL 33408 440-***-**** email@example.com
To obtain a pharmacist role within a hospital wherein I can utilize my education, training and experience to further my career in pharmaceutical management.
INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCED PHARMACY PRACTICE EXPERIENCE (Monthly Rotations)
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital: Hollywood, FL 04/2018 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• Assessed daily patient charts and made recommendations based on pharmacokinetic drug monitoring and laboratory levels.
• Reviewed total parenteral nutrition and made recommendations based on laboratory levels.
• Conducted research on compounding intravenous riboflavin, which is not available in the United States.
• Updated and reviewed data collection for an ongoing study of glucagon use in neonates and infants.
Veterans Affairs Medical Center: West Palm Beach, FL 03/2018, 11/2017, 10/2017
Internal Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Care, Administration
• Attended daily rounds, reviewed patient charts, and participated in topic discussions.
• Counseled patients regarding medications and recorded notes in chart.
• Completed medication reconciliation for patients admitted to and discharged from the hospital.
• Completed monthly chart reviews, anticoagulation patient notes, and proposed medication adjustments based on patient profile.
• Reviewed recalled medications and adverse drug reaction reports and presented the information regarding affected patients to the medication use committee.
• Conducted research regarding new ophthalmic medications and assessed the data for use in hospital formulary.
• Performed immunizations on patients.
Wellington Regional Medical Center: Wellington, FL 02/2018
• Attended daily interdisciplinary Intensive Care Unit (ICU) rounds, and weekly neonatal ICU rounds.
• Monitored daily antibiotic report for all hospital patients and made antibiotic recommendations based on hospital antibiogram.
• Made recommendations for deep vein thrombosis and gastrointestinal medications based on patient conditions.
• Completed patient case SOAP notes, journal club, and updated hospital antibiogram for 2018.
Cleveland Clinic: West Palm Beach, FL 09/2017
• Learned proper sterile compounding techniques in chemotherapy clean room.
• Reviewed guidelines to ensure patients were receiving appropriate chemotherapy regimens.
• Educated patients regarding side effects of chemotherapy medications.
Diabetes Camp: Wynona, FL. 08/2017
• Performed daily blood glucose checks and regulated diabetes medications accordingly.
• Made recommendations to physician based on high blood glucose and ketones in urine and gave insulin correction dose based on physician approval.
• Educated patients on signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
Palms West Hospital: Loxahatchee, FL 07/2017
Inpatient Pediatrics, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
• Examined daily patient charts and checked for appropriate pediatric dose, route, duration, and drug-drug interaction.
• Proposed changes for intravenous to oral medication based on predetermined hospital policy.
Martin Memorial Medical Center: Stuart, FL 06/2017 Ambulatory Care Clinic
• Discussed diet and lifestyle choices with patients.
• Taught patients about their chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and diabetes medications and how to use inhalers/insulin.
• Coordinated with insurance companies to help with patient medication adherence.
Manhattan’s Pharmacy: Jupiter, FL 05/2015-10/2017
Student Pharmacy Intern
• Verified prescription details with prescribers and patients. Marsha Loewenstein - 3
• Prepared and filled prescriptions for pharmacist review.
• Counseled patients regarding their medications.
• Compounded non-sterile creams, ointments, gels, and capsules.
• Arranged and managed inventory for prescription and non-prescription medications, medical equipment and other pharmacy merchandise.
Jupiter Police Department: Jupiter, FL 2/2007-8/2014
• Charged with the enforcement and investigation of all laws in my jurisdiction in a thorough and professional manner.
• Accountable for the protection of life and property through the enforcement of state and local laws.
• Conducted investigations regarding homicide, robbery, drug offenses, fraud, burglary, theft, sexual crimes, and crimes against children, elderly, and vulnerable adults.
• Performed medical lifesaving techniques on patients in need such as cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) usage.
Federal Bureau of Investigation: Washington DC 10/2004-2/2007
• Provided security for employees and visitors to FBI facilities around Washington DC.
• Enforced federal, state and local laws.
• Entrusted with the possession of top-secret security clearance.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Doctorate of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University 05/2018
FL Pharmacist License #58530
FL Pharmacist Intern License #33223 (Immunization Certified)
Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, The Ohio State University 06/2003
State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification, Indian River State College 08/2007 Criminal Justice Institute
Federal Law Enforcement Certification, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center 12/2004
Dean’s List, Nova Southeastern University, Fall 2017 Chief’s Letter of Commendation, Jupiter Police Department 2008, 2009, 2014 Exceptional Service Award, Jupiter Police Department 2011 Team Merit Award, Jupiter Police Department 2010