Eric J. Davies
Saint Louis University (SLU), Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology St. Louis, MO Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Overall GPA: 3.22 (refer to cover letter for GPA explanation) Expected Graduation: May 2019
Recipient of SLU Dean’s Scholarship Aug. 2015 - Present Recipient of SLU Men’s Soccer Scholarship Aug. 2015 - Present Industry Related Coursework: Aero-Structures, Stability and Control, Aerodynamics, Astrodynamics, Analysis and Control of Linear Systems, Aircraft Performance, Gas Dynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanics of Solids, Applied Thermodynamics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Design, Advanced Math for Engineers, Linear Vibrations
Software Proficiencies: MATLAB (Proficient), Creo Parametric/Autodesk Fusion 360 (Proficient), Microsoft Office (Proficient), Simulink (Familiar)
SLU Rocketry Senior Design Team - Flight Systems Engineer Team Lead Aug. 2018 - Present
• Development of procedures and preliminary design of stage separation apparatus, which has never before been attempted by SLU Rocketry Lab in boosted dart rocket design.
• Lead engineer on the integration of an avionics package to ensure proper deployment of recovery systems in conjunction with proper stage separation between booster and dart. SLU Rocketry and Propulsion Lab - Structures Team Member Oct. 2017 - Present
• Responsible for rocket structural design based on mission objective, ensure rocket will maintain structural integrity throughout the duration of flight, manufacturing of various in-house airframe parts, and finalize structural integration and rocket assembly.
Spaceport America Cup June 2018
• Member of a student team to compete in an international collegiate competition and successfully launched a high-power rocket vehicle to an altitude of 10,000 ft AGL. Responsible for system integration and launch preparations.
SLU Division NCAA Division 1 Men’s Soccer Team Member May 2015 - Present
• Chosen by the coaching staff and fellow players as the off-field captain this season based on my proven ability to communicate effectively with teammates and my strength in maintaining strong organic relationships. Implement expectations amongst players while maintaining a professional attitude and work ethic as a role model and leader within their academic and athletic development.
• Proven ability to manage time effectively during the rigors of a competitive NCAA Division I sport, which requires extended travel and numerous outside obligations while maintaining a full academic course load during each season.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) Aug. 2016 - Present
• Student-athlete group comprised of representatives from each athletics team on campus created to act as
• ambassadors Co-Chair of the between Student-the Athlete NCAA, Mentor athletic Program. department Oversee administrators, the planning and and student-implementation athletes. of program objectives while ensuring positive outcomes and benefits for all involved.
• Events Committee Chairperson. Oversee planning and the delegation of responsibilities for social and philanthropic events throughout the calendar year. Committed to collegial interactions and positive results from all planned activities that positively influence all SLU student-athletes.