**** ***** *** ****** ******, McDonald, TN 37353
Phone: 773-***-**** E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BAR ADMISSION: Illinois State Bar, November 2015; Tennessee State Bar, February 2016 EDUCATION
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL Juris Doctor, May 2015 – Certificate in Advocacy and Award in Leadership, Service, and Public Interest
● GPA: 3.578/4.000, Rank: 72/250 (Top 28%)
● CALI Awards (highest grade): Advocacy (Fall 2013) and Illinois Criminal Law (Fall 2013)
● Dean’s List: Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
● Course concentration in Advocacy and Criminal Law Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Psychology with minor in Philosophy, magna cum laude, December 2011
● GPA: 3.718/4.000
● Phi Sigma Tau and Psychology Club, Vice President LEGAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Shelby County District Attorney General’s Office, Memphis, TN Assistant District Attorney General - Criminal Court Division 2, June 11, 2018 - October 3, 2018
● Litigated 2 jury trials (criminal attempt rape and sexual battery).
● Conduct probation revocation hearings, bond revocation hearings, guilty pleas, and sentencing hearings.
● Handle all assigned cases (102 as of 8/17/2018), make offers, complete discovery, and contact victims. Assistant District Attorney General - Felony Drug Court Preliminary Hearings and Negotiation Desk, February 5, 2018 - June 11, 2018
● Handled the arraignments for all felony drug cases set that day.
● Negotiated cases at the felony negotiation desk involving felony drugs.
● Handled ALL felony drug preliminary hearings (only person in all of Shelby County to handle them). Assistant District Attorney General - Felony Preliminary Hearing Team, November 15, 2017 - February 5, 2018
● Assigned to team of 1 of 4 total prosecutors selected to handle preliminary hearings for all the felony cases that occur within Shelby County.
● Performed my daily assigned preliminary hearings - including felonies such as second degree murder, statutory rape, aggravated assault, burglary, etc.
● Wrote summarized memos of all my assigned daily preliminary hearings.
● Prepared for all my future hearings.
● Issued subpoenas for all cases.
● Made calls to witnesses.
● Obtained all necessary discovery.
● Researched case law.
● Reviewed any relevant videos.
Assistant District Attorney General - General Sessions Court Assignment, June 14, 2016 - November 15, 2017
● Litigated all matters in general sessions court.
● Handled the entire docket each day for arraignments, status dates, and guilty pleas.
● Made offers on all cases for the courtroom I am assigned.
● Watched videos for cases (i.e. DUIs and Assaults). Assistant District Attorney General - Gunstat Advisor, January 1, 2016 - May 15, 2018
● Selected to serve as Gunstat advisor for Ridgeway Precinct.
● Attended monthly interdisciplinary meetings with federal prosecutor, state prosecutors, probation officers, police officers, etc.
● Kept up with the most 25 dangerous/violent offenders associated with my assigned precinct.
● Report at monthly meetings with updates on cases and what was happening in court. Barbri
Bar Exam Tutor, December 2016 - Present
● Tutor students in every topic/subject for the bar exams in the follow states: Tennessee, Illinois, DC, Connecticut, and any other state necessary.
● Design my own lesson plans/schedules for students. Page 2
McDonough County State’s Attorney’s Office, Macomb, IL Assistant State’s Attorney, April 1, 2016 - June 3, 2016
● Handled all domestic batteries, violations of order of protection, harassment, stalking, criminal damage, obstructing justice, resisting, disorderly conduct, and underage alcohol consumption. Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, Chicago, IL
Postgraduate Fellowship/Attorney, December 2015 – March 2016
● Performed client intake and write petitions for orders of protection.
● Represented clients in court and help client obtain orders of protection. Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, Chicago, IL Law Clerk in Felony Trial Division/Judge Kazmierski’s Courtroom, May 2013 – May 2015
● Used 711 license under supervision of Assistant State’s Attorneys from January 2013 – May 2015. o Significant litigation experience including opening statements, closing arguments, 11 Motions to Quash Arrest and Suppress Evidence, 6 Bench Trials, and 1 Sentencing Hearing. o Conduced t 402 conferences and pleas.
● Selected as 1 of the 10 clerks out of approximately 250-300 total clerks to receive compensation in Summer ’14 through Grant Funding.
● Performed legal research and write legal memorandums.
● Opened files and aided in the completion of discovery.
● Aided attorneys in all aspects of trial preparations.
● Prepared transcriptions of video recorded witness and defendant interviews.
● Performed courtroom administrative tasks.
Tollison Law Firm, Jackson, TN
Legal Intern, February 2012 – June 2012
● Prepared motions, orders, and other pleadings relating to divorce, child custody, adoption, and personal injury cases.
● Corresponded with clerks, judges, insurance companies, attorneys, and clients. Social Security Disability Representatives, Jackson, TN Legal Assistant, June 2009 – August 2010; December 2011-February 2012
● Prepared appeals for social security disability claims.
● Performed two social security hearings under supervision of attorney, and won one hearing. OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor (Certifications in PiYo, Insanity, Schwinn, TRX, and Crossfit L1) Edgewater Fitness Center, Chicago, IL – January 2015 –March 2016 DePaul University, Chicago, IL October 2012 – July 2015 Rhodes College, Memphis, TN January 2012 – May 2012 The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN January 2012 – May 2012 Loyola University, Chicago, IL August 2010 – December 2011 VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
Tutor for mentally disabled high school student, Chicago, IL August 2010 - December 2011
Volunteer at Children’s Memorial Hospital, Psychiatric Unit, Chicago, IL November 2010 - December 2011