Mohammad Mohammadi email@example.com
Address: Chicago, IL
Experienced mechanical engineer with master’s degree looking for complex level work in finite element analysis, simulation and modeling, mechanical design, transducer design, 3D CAD modeling. Skills
• Engineering Software
• Auto CAD
• MS Office Suite
R&D Electro-Acoustic Engineer Intern/ Knowles Electronics, Itasca, IL, Summer 2018 – Present
• Developing a fully coupled FEA model for BA receivers with hearing health technology group
• Lab experiments and reliability test on a new acoustic valve technology. Research Assistant / National Center for Physical Acoustics (NCPA), University of Mississippi, MS, 2015-2018
• “Miniature Acoustic Transducers”, Fundamentals of Acoustics course, Fall 2016
• “Wave Propagation in the Ground”, Advanced Continuum Mechanics, Fall 2015
• “Tiltmeter (Clinometer)”, Field Testing & Insr. in Geotech, Fall 2015 Mechanical Engineer/ NOORNEDA System Co. (a major Iranian company in Fire Detection and Suppression Systems), Tehran, Iran, 2013-2015
• Designing Fire Suppression Systems based on NFPA Codes and Standard. NFPA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20 & 33.
Teaching Physics and Mathematics / Ghalamchi Inst. for High School students, Tehran, Iran, part-time, 2009-2011
Co-Author/ Mathematical test book for high school students, ISBN 978-600-126- 078-0, Tehran, Iran, 2010
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
University of Mississippi, USA, 2015-2018
Thesis: Elastodynamic Model for Wind Induced Ground Motion GPA: 3.87/4
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
K.N.Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran, Iran Thesis: Numerical Investigation of Aerodynamical Performance of Damaged Low-Reynolds Airfoils for UAV Application
• Advanced Continuum Mechanics
• Fundamental of Acoustics
• Advanced Acoustic Lab
• Noise Control
• Digital Signal Processing
• Geophysics, Field Testing & Instrumentation
in Geotechnical Engineering
• Communication Acoustics
• RWTH Aachen University
• Receiver Design Training, Knowles Co., Itasca, IL, Summer 2018.
• Physical Acoustics Summer School (PASS), Heber city, Utah, June 18-25, 2016.
• Resistivity Imaging Seminar, focusing on Electrical Resistivity Imaging with the SuperSting Electrical Resistivity Imaging system, Austin, Texas, Feb. 24-26, 2016.
• Advanced CFD training course (Ansys Fluent), K.N.Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran, Iran, July 2011.
• Advanced Mesh Generation Methods, K.N.Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran, Iran, Oct 2011. Honors and Awards
• Physical Acoustics Summer School (PASS) Fellowship, ASA, 2016.
• Best undergraduate mechanical engineering thesis award (2012).
• Ranked 845th among 400,000 participants (Top 0.25%) in National Universities Entrance Exam (Konkoor), 2007.
• Accepted in secondary school & high school in National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents of Iran.
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
• Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
• Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society (EEGS) Selected Publications
• M. Mohammadi, C. Hickey, R. Raspet & V. Naderyan, “Elastodynamic response of the ground surface caused by wind”, 31th Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2018), Nashville, Tennessee, March 25th -29th, 2018
• M. Mohammadi, C. Hickey, R. Raspet & V. Naderyan, “Influence of Ground Inhomogeneity on Wind Induced Ground Vibrations”, 31th Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2018), Nashville, Tennessee, March 25th -29th, 2018
• M. Mohammadi & C. Hickey, “Using Electrical Resistivity Tomography on A Small-Scale Dam Affected by Tree Roots and a Drainage Pipe”, 30th Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2017), Denver, Colorado, March 19th -23rd, 2017
• M. Mohammadi, A. Doosttalab & M. Doosttalab, “The Effect of Various Gurney Flap Shapes on the Performance of Wind Turbine Airfoils”, 12th ASME Early Career Technical Conference (ECTC 2012), Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, November 2nd-3rd, 2012 (Published in ECTC 2012 Journal of Proceeding)
• Doosttalab, M. Mohammadi, A. Ashrafizadeh & M. Doosttalab, “Numerical Investigation of Aerodynamical Performance of Damaged Low-Reynolds Airfoils for UAV Application”, 23rd Thermal and Fluids Analysis Workshop (TFAWS 2012), NASA-JPL/Caltech, Pasadena, California, August 13th-17th, 2012 https://tfaws.nasa.gov/TFAWS12/Proceedings/TFAWS2012-AT-004.pdf