Matthew E. Marlow
Omaha, NE 68106
To use my skills and knowledge to obtain a position with your company as a technical project manager. I offer several years of technical project management in the automotive racing, unique tire application, and material testing industries. I am able to learn any industry quickly and keep projects on time and under budget. Education
Purdue University, Fort Wayne, IN
Graduation Date ~ May 1998
Bachelor of Physics
Associate of Chemistry
Hoosier Racing Tire Corp. May, 2006 -Present
Project Manager/Sr. Product Development Engineer- Plymouth, IN October, 2016 - Present
• Project manager for a joint venture on UTQG 200 UHP tire line with Continental Tire AG.
• Project manager for several outside clients to develop products from conception to launch.
• Developed ISO 9001-2015 for Engineering Design and Development.
• While continuing to fulfill most duties listed below. Sr. Design Engineer - Plymouth, IN May, 2010 - October, 2016
• Lead engineer of Hoosiers’ Specialty Business Unit with an overall GPM of 40%+
• Design unique products to the tire industry.
• Use knowledge of material properties to meet customer requirements.
• Work directly with customers and suppliers to meet unique product demands.
• Designed the first 12” bead size tire in Hoosier Tire history. Tire Engineer – Plymouth, IN June, 2008- May, 2010
• Responsible for designing and maintaining Drag Racing product line of tires.
• Worked with Product Managers to help meet customers needs.
• Organized product testing with customers to improve performance.
• Analyzed competitor’s products to maintain a competitive edge. Product Engineer – Plymouth, IN May, 2006 – June, 2008
• Designed, developed, and maintained “Defected Tier Database” using MS Access.
• Responsible for technical support of Grand AM Rolex Series.
• Responsible for technical support of Grand AM KONI Challenge Series.
• Analyzed tread compound from competitors to help with product development.
• Obtained knowledge of motor sports across a wide spectrum of performance applications. Patriot Engineering and Environmental – South Bend, IN October, 1999-May, 2006 Branch Manager - South Bend, IN
• Marketed services to potential clients to obtain contracted work.
• Provided quotes to potential clients by accessing/interpreting blue prints and specification books.
• Coordinated testing and inspection schedules for a team of 4 to 6 technicians on several multi-mil- lion dollar construction sites.
• Responsible for receiving, processing, and distributing all field reports and inspections.
• Direct contact with the clients, contractors, architects, and technicians to solve issues that may arise and negotiate solutions for existing issues/problems. Project Manager - Fort Wayne, IN
• Managed the testing and inspections of the construction of four new multi-million dollar elementary schools and a field house addition to the high school in Huntington County.
• Coordinated testing and inspection schedules for a team of 6 to 8 technicians.
• Worked directly with the Architect, Construction Management, and Contractors to problem solve, trouble shoot, and resolve issues that could potentially cause delays. Field Technician - Fort Wayne, IN
• Presented client with daily reports of testing and inspection activities.
• Performed destructive and non-destructive testing and inspections on structural components of large commercial construction projects.
• Certified in structural steel, structural masonry inspection and cast in place concrete testing. Machine Learning / Programming Certifications
• Coursera Machine Learning with Andrew Ng, Stanford University, August 2016
• Coursera Python for everybody with Charles Severance, University of Michigan, October 2016
• Coursera Python Data Structures with Charles Severance, University of Michigan, November 2016
• Coursera Using Python to Access Web Data with Charles Severance, University of Michigan, January 2017
• Coursera Using Databases with Python with Charles Severance, University of Michigan, February 2017