Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
Graduation: May 2018
School of Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
Wuhan Iron and Steel Corporation Coking Company (Wuhan University of Science and Technology), Wuhan, Hubei, China 2017 – 2018
Assistant Project Manager and Programmer
Developed applications and supervised compile of sub-projects for coke production optimization.
- Communicated application demand and objectives from company representatives.
- Improved self-correcting algorithm based on neural network and genetic algorithm for production optimization.
- Rewrote and compiled sub-projects of different computer languages into Python to a uniform project.
- Developed cost analysis system for optimum profitability including coke and manufacture side products.
Shanghai Niuyuan Industry & Trade Co. Ltd, Shanghai, Shanghai, China 2015 – 2016
Assisted in quality control and R&D.
- Participated in team project for developing and testing of new waterproof material.
- Prepared testing samples and materials to streamline the experiments.
- Observed and analyzed experiment result for any signification improvement.
Senior Design: Production of Acetic Acid & Dimethyl Ether from Natural Gas Syngas 2016 – 2018
- Led group and set short and long-term project goal for each group member.
- Researched and designed a plant converting natural gas to DME and acidic acid for potential energy and fuel services.
- Simulated the plant production in Aspen Plus to extract key production unit and product information.
- Maximized profitability through budget and expense estimation of different production scenarios.
Process Engineering Laboratory 2016 – 2017
- Conducted experiment on industrial application of batch distillations, falling film evaporators, PID controller, etc.
- Formulated and assessed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all equipment for laboratory safety.
- Monitored laboratory equipment operating conditions for maintenance and repaired.
- Presented statistical data analysis and experiment findings to faculty in both presentation and poster.
Safer Car Seat for Baby 2013
- An independent study aimed to provide safer baby car seat than current commercially available models.
- Increased protection for babies in case of a collision.
- Resulted in one patent with interested buyers. (Yuxin L. Safety Car Seat for Baby. China Patent 201**********)
International Student Orientation Leader, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 2016 – 2017
- Served as orientation leader to create programs for incoming international students for a smooth transition to university.
- Offered guidance and consultation to new students to better assimilate into a new environment.
Huang Z.; Yuxin L.; Zi C. Fast Motion of Plants: from Biomechanics to Biomimetics. PostDoc Journal. 2013, Vol. 1 (No.2), 40-50. http://www.postdocjournal.com/file_journal/560_86110226.pdf 2013
- A biomimetics study on the Venus flytrap fast motion from a through studies of different computer and physical mode.
Language: Fluent in Chinese, Limited working proficiency in Japanese
Computer: Microsoft Office, Aspen Plus V8.7, LabVIEW, ThermoSolver
Laboratory: Basic chemistry and biochemistry laboratory skills, Laboratory safety hazard analysis, PID controller, Data organization and analysis, SAChE® Certificated Basics of Laboratory Safety by AIChE