Task-oriented and focused recent Chemical Engineering graduate as the Valedictorian of the College of Engineering at California State Polytechnic University of Pomona among 1200 other engineering graduates. Exceptional time management skills leading to ability to prioritize and perform multiple projects given limited time. Proven leadership and management skills developed by diverse experiences provided by the university in one of which I served as one of the four team leaders for our senior design project. Highly-motivated and versatile individual seeking to utilize computational and analytical skills in an applied commercial environment.
California State Polytechnic University of Pomona GPA 3.98 06/2018 Major: B.S. Chemical Engineering Minor: Material’s Science and Engineering PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Environmental Process Engineering Intern, U.S. Department of Energy – SRNL 06/2018 – 09/2018
• Characterized the feed waste stream to the tank side cesium removal (TSCR) process for evaluation of gibbsite precipitation for more than 250 projected waste compositions provided by Hanford site.
• Successfully consolidated the initial 250 projected compositions into a total of 65 data sets representing all provided waste compositions resulting in significant reduction of time spent toward completion of the project.
• Evaluated de minimis sludge layer thickness required for hydrogen to begin accumulating in the nuclear waste tanks followed by the formulation of a formal report reviewed and approved by experienced professionals. Engineering Intern, LA County, Department of Public Works, Sewer Maintenance Division 01/2017 – 06/2018
• Reviewed proposal projects for utility interference and made necessary recommendations under supervision.
• Identified lateral root intrusion through video analysis and formulated notifications to affected individuals.
• Assisted in researching sewer lines in 37 cities and the unincorporated LA county areas within the Consolidated Sewer Maintenance District through utilization of GIS, and MicroStation.
• Collaborated with cross organizational professionals for inquires needed for SMD projects. Heat Exchanger Network Team Lead, Hydrocracking Senior Design Project 03/2018 - 06/2018
• Coordinated and Developed the design of an optimized heat recovery network system to improve the process efficiency by minimizing utility use.
• Assigned and supervised all the team members to work on various aspects of the project.
• Organized group meetings and ensured all the members are aware of the goals to be achieved in the following week. Resolved any issue that the members encountered. Undergraduate Research Intern, University of North Dakota 06/2016 - 08/2016
• CFD modeling of an oxy-coal combustion system utilizing ANSYS FLUENTTM.
• Investigated the effects of various parameters on flame characteristics near the burner zone area. RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS
SAChE Certification: Managing process safety hazards 11/2016 SAChE Certification: Basics of laboratory safety 11/2016 HONORS/ACTIVITIES
• Julian McPhee Awardee as the Valedictorian of the College of Engineering
• 2017-2018 recipient of the American Gas Association Scholarship
• 2014-2015 recipient of Cal Poly Pomona’s most prestigious Scholarship, President’s Council Scholarship SKILLS
• ANSYS FLUENTTM and Comsol
• ArcGIS (Geographic Information Systems)
• Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus and PRO/II
• Excellent presentation and
• Fluent in Armenian and Farsi
• Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel,
Power Point, Access
• Microsoft Visio
• MicroStation V8i (CAD)
Reliable, resourceful and adaptable; learn
new systems quickly and take initiative.
• OLI Studio
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Platinum Banquet Hall 04/2011 - 01/2017
• Work in an environment in which team work and effective communication is crucial. MATHE volunteering program 02/2014 - 05/2014