Mechanical engineer possessing project and team leadership skills with in-depth
knowledge of a diverse range of engineering functions including manufacturing processes, problem solving, and prototype design. Over 10 years experience successfully leading technical engineering initiatives for the development, design, and implementation of products and processes. Experience in reorganizing, streamlining, and strengthening production products while maximizing quality, safety, and profitability across varied facets of corporate goals. Exceptional interpersonal communicational skills and cross functional team interactions, promoting company growth from good to great.
Amber Waves Artistry Groton, NY Apr. 2017 - Present Art using reclaimed materials in various mediums
• Helped spouse create a startup company.
• Managed all financial tasks. Including grant writing for startup capital.
• Procured artistic materials (new and recycled).
• Lead all other non-artistic endeavors.
The Raymond Corporation Greene, NY Sep. 2012 - Dec. 2016 Industry leader of electrical & hydrogen fuel cell forklifts Engineer III - Value Analysis / Value Engineering
• Quadrupled cost savings within three years without additional resources.
• Team leader of VA/VE group and expanded group's profile.
• Prioritized and assigned projects, set individual project goals, managed overall focus of VA/VE Group, communicated reports for management and corporate executives.
• Collaborated with various departments setting yearly cost savings goals for VA/VE Group and their saving initiatives.
• Managed and lead cost saving projects of minimal budgets $200,000. Projects ranged from single components / process changes to complex assemblies and multi-stage manufacturing process.
• Co-lead cost reduction efforts with suppliers and created target pricing for new parts.
• Used expertise of DFMA principles to modify parts and processes further reducing costs.
Pall Corporation Cortland, NY Dec. 1999 - Sep. 2012 Industry leading manufacturer of filtration, separation, and purification solutions Lead Engineer - Research & Development of Disruptive Technology
(Feb. 2005 - Sep. 2012)
• Developed new industry changing products and processes.
• Designed, built, and tested development models and configuration controlled prototypes.
• Lead laboratory and prototype technicians in manufacture, assembly, and testing of prototypes.
• Designed related tooling, fixtures, and product test equipment for prototypes.
• Produced and maintained documentation including development records, design details, and specifications. Prepared technical reports for patent applications.
• Communicated both verbal and written progress, results, and status reports of technical development in a Stage Gate system.
Page 1 of 2
111 E. South St.
Groton, NY 13073
Inclusive Group Leadership
Continuous Product Improvement
Research and Development
Engineering Team Collaboration
Pall Corp. continued
Sr. Project Engineer - Standards Group of Biopharmaceutical Advanced Engineering (Dec. 2002 - Jan. 2005)
• Managed validations and qualifications of new and existing products, processes, and equipment.
• Directed all manufacturing and test equipment upgrades.
• Coordinated worldwide consolidation of components and processes. Design Engineer II - Microelectronics Group Advanced Engineering
(Dec. 1999 - Nov. 2002)
• Designed assemblies for filtration, separation, and purification used in the microelectronic industry.
• Quoted and managed new projects from concept to prototype and through to full production.
• Developed new manufacturing procedures and specifications.
• Coordinated efforts ensuring all worldwide microelectronic products complied with European Union Pressure Equipment Directive.
AJL Manufacturing Inc. Rochester, NY Sep. 1996 - Nov. 1999 Manufacturer of sheet metal parts, machined parts, and assemblies. Project Engineer
• Quoted new parts and projects.
• Oversaw development of new products from prototype through production.
• Developed, updated, and maintained processes for complex sheetmetal and machined parts, weldments, and assemblies.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology Concentration: Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
Rochester Institute of Technology
Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology Broome Community College
Toyota Production System (Six Sigma Green Belt Equivalent) Toyota Material Handing, North America
Inclusive Leadership Professional Certificate
Principles of Manufacturing MicroMasters (Anticipated Dec. 2018) MITx
• CAD Systems: ProEngineer (CREO), Catia, Autocad, Inventor
• Computer Programs: ANSYS, ProEngineer Mechanica, Boothroyd-Dewhurst DFMA, MatLab, Minitab, various MRP/ERP programs, Microsoft Office Suite
• Teams and teamwork (self directed and high performance) Kaizen events, LEAN events
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), ANSI Y14.5-2009
• Design of Welded Structures: Steel Structures & Steel Weldments
• Toyota Management System
• ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and European Union Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
Page 2 of 2
Root Cause Analysis
Decisive Problem Solving
Design for Manufacturing/Assembly
• Attended DFMA International
Conference 2013 - 2016
• Member - Society of Value Engineers
• Award - Pall Corp. R&D
Outstanding Achievement 2006 &
• Member - Sons of American Legion
• Former Board of Trustees President
& Financial Officer for Groton