RENO, NV 89506
To obtain a position as a Network Administrator, to manage MS NT Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 Networks. Perform skilled troubleshooting, repairs, preventive maintenance, installation and services on various computerized office, audio visual, and other electronic equipment with opportunities for personal and Professional advancement.
Target Job Title: Communication Technician
Skill Name Experience
Microsoft Office Application 6 years
Windows 9X-Windows 2000 Pro Client Administrator 3 years
NT Network Administrator 3 years
Windows 2000 Network Administrator 3 years
Windows 2003 Network Administrator 2 years
VPN 2 years
Administrate Terminal Service 5 and 10 user interface 2 years
Systems Security 6 years
Hardware base Firewall 3 years
Software base Firewall 6 years
Point of Sails Network Administrator 3 years
A+ 3 years
MCP 4 Months
11/2003 - Present
Spartan Enterprise Reno NV 89503
* Set up workstations and laptops for new employees; configured systems, ensured network connectivity, and installed and tested hardware and software.
* Architected and manage internal, 15+ client network, successfully integrating 5 Windows 2000 and 2 Windows 2008 servers (connecting Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 9x and 10 workstations, clients, printers, and terminals with remote access) through VPN applications.
* Direct systems administration of 15+ customer Terminal Services systems via DSL connections.
* Consult with senior executives on future technology issues involving connectivity for LANs, WANs, and Internet applications.
* Earned a reputation for on-time, on-budget completion of high-profile projects involving Resort Data Processing with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows 9x operating systems, connectivity consultation, and problem resolution of timely new installations.
* Delivered internal design, implementation, cost analysis, and negotiation of current TCP/IP-based network consisting of a point-to-point VPN, securely connecting corporate headquarters to the Internet and their remote offices.
11/2003 – Present ( lateral transfer to Spartan Enterprises)
Sundowner Hotel Casino Reno NV 89503
* Administrator whose duties include the setup and maintenance of all computers on the network servers and Client workstations.
* 24 hours on call remote and onsite support, setup and control of physical network hardware and wire.
* Conduct nightly backup of multiple servers established a monthly off site storage program for safe keeping of data.
* Setup and maintain an in house e-mail system that provided inter departmental communication with the use Microsoft Outlook.
* Established a remote paging system in order to communicate with off-site personnel.
* Maintenance phones voice mail, and audiovisual systems in the hotel and casino.
High Desert Microimaging Reno NV 89502
Network Administrator/Rollout Specialist
* Support internal/external clients w/ various complex software issues; identify, research, isolate and resolve S/W problems; forwards calls of the most complex nature to the appropriate technical, professional or service personnel for
service, repair, training or follow-up; utilize problem management database and/or helpdesk system to identify recurring problems to assist in problem isolation and prevention. Include installing, upgrading, debugging and enhancing S/W & H/W, providing training in S/W applications and setting up new employees/consultants accounts, profiles and computers. Reporting functions are editing and authoring documentation, compiling and preparing reports on trends.
Atlantis Hotel Casino
* Information Technologist. Working with TCP/IP configurations, and setup of LAN network, designated the primary AS/400 backup systems administrator, Familiar with all Microsoft Office and other desktop applications, Familiar with PC’s, servers and like technology, Trouble-shoot wireless network designed for in-house guest internet services.
4/1999 - 3/2000
Cooper B-Line 13755 Stead Blvd. Reno
Punch Press Operator
* Punch Press Operator responsible for the maintenance, setup, and primary operation of the punch press.
3/1997 - 5/1999
Kal-Kan Pet Care Corp. Sparks Nevada
* Packaging Operator responsible for setup, general maintenance and operation of complete bagging assembly line of dry pet foods, hourly checks, specifications and quality control of products, members of plant Medical, Fire, HAZMAT, and First Responder Team.
MS Learning Partners, Birmingham AL
Career College of Northern Nevada
Career College of Northern Nevada April 1998 to November 2000 Major, Electronic Engineering Technology Computer Repair Specialist.
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Fayetteville Technical Community College Various Computer Classes.
Central Texas College
Central Texas College Certificate Small Business Management.