James Cottew Matthew Thompson, B.Comm
Business analyst with experience in private and public sectors. Implemented knowledge management system for Fortune 100 company and created grant application websites for 3 research foundations. Graduated from Ryerson in Business Technology Management and worked 3 years for the government of Ontario. Has successfully launched my own business.
Ryerson University 2016
Bachelor of Commerce in Business Technology Management, Minor in Communications
● Java, SQL, Photoshop, Social Media, Google Analytics, Ruby On Rails, Wire Shark, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
● SWOT, Scrum, Six Sigma, RFP/RFI, Risk Assessment, Pain Points, Gantt Charts, Unified Modeling Language, System Development Lifecycle
● Writing, analysis, organization, leadership, budgeting, prudence, collaboration, problem-solving, project management, risk management, public speaking
● SmartSimple Jan 2018 – Present
Configures software for research foundations. Utilize platform tools and logic to build forms and communication routines. High level of analytical and problem-solving skills. Takes technical/meeting notes, collaborate on team projects, runs presentations to clients, self-taught on company wiki, deliver on tight deadlines.
● ObjectHouse April 2013 – Present
Professional photo restoration, photoshoots, cloud storage, organization and accessibility. https://www.facebook.com/ObjectHouse-507************/
● Ontario Ministry of Health, Finance, and Government Services May 2013 – Sept 2016
Technically supports clients and collaborates in project teams. Financial analysis, digital transcription, presentations, legal and technical guideline revision (FDOA), database creation and management, UML diagram drafting, symbol design, accounting, project planning, solutions development, technical maintenance (hardware, administration, backup, DNS, viral).
● ADP Sept 2015 – Apr 2016
Analyzes processes and implements knowledge management solution (Jive Social). Works as a professional correspondent, drafts RFIs, identifies pain points, manages project timeline, and presents group analysis, SWOT analysis, and process change.
● Utilismart Corporation Inc. Aug 2011 – Sept 2011
Makes marketing and tutorial videos for energy utility software: http://youtu.be/kJm9r7MvNn0