California Institute of Technology 2011 B.S. Mechanical Engineering S K I L L S
• Project Management
• Process Improvement
• Six Sigma Practices
• MS Excel and Project
• Design of Experiments
• Statiscal Process Control
• ERP Software
• Spanish Fluency
E X P E R I E NCE
MEMS DRIVE PASADENA, CA
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER JUN 2017 – PRESENT
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER SEP 2014 – MAY 2017
CONSULTANT APR 2014 – SEP 2014
• Led a cross-functional team of engineers on an initiative that increased drop test survivability of MEMS camera actuators from 0% to 80% by optimizing design structure, system interface, device assembly, and material selection.
• Coordinated with engineering, operations, and QA to organize and monitor execution of camera NPI manufacturing for Apple, LG, Huawei, and other top phone OEMs.
• Planned experiments that identified four key metrics to control during manufacturing which boosted assembly yield by 10%.
• Synthesized a logistic regression model to predict which camera modules would pass reliability tests.
• Evaluated prospective multiphysics FEA analysis tools, and negotiated acquisition of customized simulation software and hardware package at 50% below projected cost. TESSERA ARCADIA, CA
ASSOCIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER MAY 2012 – JAN 2014
• Created internal procedures for early detection of defective modules that translated into about $500,000 in projected annual savings during full-scale production.
• Traveled to Taiwanese manufacturing facility to train technicians and management, and to act as liaison between R&D in the US and operations in Asia.
• Managed CAD and drawing submittals to suppliers, created product documentation, and maintained revision control to mitigate production risks.
• Designed protective packaging for auto-focus enabling MEMS with optimized tolerancing while taking into account plastic molding constraints. PALISADES HUDSON FINANCIAL GROUP LLC FORT LAUDERDALE, FL FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSISTANT OCT 2011 – APR 2012
• Researched the US equity market for investment opportunities.
• Monitored portfolios of high net worth clients.
• Automated data entry procedures for firm’s asset management database. P ATENTS
• Morabito, Gerardo et al. 2017. MEMS Actuation Systems and Methods. US 15/698942, filed 09/08/2017. Patent Pending.
• Morabito, Gerardo et al. 2017. MEMS Actuator Structures Resistant to Shock. US 14/985175, filed 12/30/2015, and issued 07/06/2017.