Potterville, MI *8876
● An experienced IT Professional with over 30 years’ experience supporting enterprise-wide Unix systems, which run PeopleSoft applications, VMware, Microsoft Office Suite and Windows 7/10, for a large insurance organization with over 500 users.
● Strong background with various LAN/WAN technologies within the medical, insurance & banking industries.
● Strong Knowledge of MS, MAC computers, PC, Ipad and Mobile technologies and Ticketing Systems.
● Strong experience in providing Hardware support on various devices includes Dell laptops, Dell desktops, Dell Servers, Dell Access Points, Apple mobile devices. Xerox MFD.
● Strong experience in dedicated desk side support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware systems, which include networking infrastructure support.
● Strong experience in Software support includes, but limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, MS Exchange, Active Directory, Etc. Certifications
● PC User Support Certification
● Associate’s Degree (Computer Support Specialist) from Lansing Community, MI in 2013
Data Control Operator
October 2018 to current
Update stats for internet lottery
September 2018 to September 2018
PC upgrades for a trucking company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Lead a team and be the go to guy for
Contractor – Delta Dental Okemos, MI Feb 2018 – May 2018 Enterprise Analyst and Help Desk
. Schedule Tidal jobs and monitor troubleshoot errors. State of Michigan, Lansing, MI Feb 2017 – Feb 2018 Computer Operator - Lottery Computer Room
● Follow a planned schedule of routine maintenance and helpdesk cases.
● Advise customers concerning operation, maintenance, and programming.
● Verify Lottery winnings with both in state and multi state lottery games. Softrim Corp., Naples, FL Mar 2015 – Sep 2016
Tech Support/Customer Service
● Provided desktop, laptop, and mobile device support.
● Provided Printer and Wi-Fi support.
● Diagnose and troubleshoot all issues that arise relating to hardware, software and operating systems.
● Supports Office 2013, and Office 365.
● Installed software for Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X
● Break/fix all internal Laptops and Dell Desktops.
● Run complete computer BIOS diagnostics to ensure what internal hardware needed replacing.
● Provide Excellent Customer Service while troubleshooting network issues with PC’s, MAC’s, IPads, IPhones and Printersive Directory.
● Upgrade current users to new PC’s and devices as well as software upgrades.
● Input and update calls using ConnectWise Ticketing System.
● Successfully installed all Cisco routers and switches and configured the corporate ISA/ TMG server firewall.
● Worked with the Network Admin in the configuration of DHCP scope IP addresses along with DNS configurations installing Server 2012 R2. Modular Document Solutions, Fort Myers, FL Dec 2014 – Mar 2015 Software Support Specialist
● Provide repair services for those who need it on windows platform computers.
● Worked on a wide array of issues dealing with both software and hardware issues.
● Remotely set up software on a PC.
● Have set up and performed diagnostics, repair and upgrade on customer local area networks.
● Setup and Monitor Local, Network E-Printer
Michigan Education Special Services Association Dec 1995 – Feb 2014 Technical Support Analyst / System Operator
● Consist of scheduling the workload, activating and outputting the jobs.
● Providing End User support services at a customer site.
● Performing in-scope services at the end user desk.
● Tasks performed are incident or service request driven standard.
● Handling user requests, as well as running backups (on EMC Backup Systems).
● Tidal, PeopleSoft, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, ServiceWise, VMware, FTP and RIMS
Michigan National Bank
Network Technician, within the Data Network Department Dec 1975-Aug 1995 Installed upgrades for system hosts (TANDEM, IBM 3090, with 3725 and 3745 FEP’s)
● Monitored and troubleshot with the use of NETVIEW, STRATACOM and DOELZ; the WAN, circuits, devices, PC’s, LAN’s and modems.
● Extended use of TSO, CICS, MVS and JCL were required. Michigan Capitol Medical Center, Lansing, MI Oct 1994 – Jun 1997 Computer Operator
● Worked on AS/400, Data General, DEC/VAX, RS/6000 and Sun Microsystems were some of the various systems used for processing.
● Responsible for system operations as well as generating reports and distribution, backups and perform first level Help Desk functions for communication problems throughout the hospital.