**** **** ***** ** #*** Naples FL 34116
To obtain a challenging Customer Service position that will effectively utilize my customer service skills that were necessary throughout my extensive and varied nursing career.
Naples Community Hospital, Naples, FL
Nthrive. 200 North Point Center E
HIM Scanner / Technician
1. Performs scanning of the paper health information record into the electronic health record following established guidelines.
2. Maintains records including retrieving charts, scanning documents, indexing, and validating records.
3. Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of scanned document images to assure accuracy and legibility maintained.
4. Participates with clinic office staff, and supervisors, hospital departmental staff and supervisors to establish well-coordinated compliant scanning routines.
5. Serves as an educator and facilitator to assure timely record scanning and maintenance of hard copy health information records.
6. Demonstrates effective problem identification, problem solving and priority setting skills.
Brooks Home Care Advantage, Inc. Jacksonville, FL
LPN Field Home Health Nurse (May 2010 –October 2011)
Provided direct patient care services under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Provided direct nursing care to selected patients in accordance with agency policy and procedures and professional standards of care.
Assisted the RN in developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing care plans.
Participated in evaluating both the patient and the patient's family situation and needs.
Instructed both patients and patients' family members in appropriate self-care techniques.
Prepared clinical notes, physicians' orders, progress reports, and maintained records in accordance with both agency guidelines and external regulatory requirements (HIPPA).
Global Medical Management, Inc., Davie, Florida
Licensed Practical Nurse Case Manager (November 2008 –May 2010)
Employed as a Nurse Case Manager for GMMI, winner of the ITJ 2005 Cost Containment Company of the Year Award.
Medical Case Management of all aspects of patients' care including Concurrent Review and Discharge Planning during inpatient admissions in both hospital and rehabilitation settings
Pre-Certification for both inpatient and outpatient procedures
Utilization Review to determine the medical necessity of all scheduled, non-emergency admissions in order to prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and to shorten the length of stay when appropriate
Direct contact with the Insurer, Account Managers, and Providers to anticipate, plan, and coordinate a patient's repatriation to their home country for continuation of non-emergent care.
I graduated from Stanton College Preparatory High School in 1988. I then graduated from the LPN Vocational Program at Florida Community College of Jacksonville, FL in 1993. I also attended Broward Community College in Hollywood, FL in 2008 and maintained a 3.7 GPA in Associate of Science courses.