Seeking a full time position in Engineering in Test
* Familiar with network management protocols like SNMP, TL1, XML and CLI protocols
* Experienced in Software Test Development through and completion of defect life cycle management.
* Strong experience in developing Functional & Regression tests of GUI applications, Java applications, Web based applications, performed Element/Network Management System (EMS/NMS)
* Experience in System Integration tests and EMS & Embedded, Software testing on the DATACOM and network security Products, and experienced in black and white box testing.
* Experience in Test coverage document preparation, Test plan preparation, Attending review development testing, Stress testing, Performance testing, Reliability testing, Failure recovery testing and the regression testing.
* Understanding of testing basic Network protocol: L1/L2, SNMP, SONET/SDH, TDM, SMTP, SDN.
* Understanding and working experienced of testing of DSL, PON, Fiber Optic access to Networks, SDN.
* Working experiences in testing by both manual and base automated script base on TCL/Expect, Perl, Python, and Java.
* Familiar Problem tracking tools: JIRA, Clear Quest, Word, Excel, Power Point, Security, file transfer
* Knowledge and UNIX / Linux experience.
* Familiar with Windows & Virtual environment (Vsphere client – Vmware – version 6.0.0 / XenCenter – XenServer – 7.0)
* Dedicated, goal oriented, and team player
* Knowledge & experienced of Agile development methodologies & practices (Scrum/Kanban:GWT)
* Knowledge of measure voltage, measure current, and measure power with computer based instrumentation (familiar with oscilloscope / DVM)
* Knowledge of performing test (stress test, flat form failover, Soak test) and familiar with Data migration
* Knowledge Data acquisition solutions from Measurement Computing provide for a wide range of applications and interfaces (measuring current, voltage, temperature, strain or digital signals, MCC offers high-quality hardware with software, driver)
Fujitsu Network Communications. Sunnyvale, CA. 1/14 - Present
System Test Engineer.
Responsible for system testing of Craft, Element, NMS of FNC products
Performing HA failovers, Active/Warm-Standby Geo-D, data migration
Execute manual tests, analyze results, generate problem reports and contribute in test report generated.
Testing and define development requirements, provide demos of completed work, support installation and operation of new functionality
Responsibilities include Verify Customer’s PTR, maintenance Server, System Test Specifications and System Test Plan.
Environments: Flash wave 9500/CDS, Netsmart 1500&2000, 1Finity NEs &Virtuora (API/ Swagger UI/ Virtuora GUI / ZTP, Karaf, Zookerper, Cassandra, KeepaliveD/ Nessus)
Fortinet. Sunnyvale, CA 8/12 - 12/13
System Test Engineer
Evaluated and perform pre-testing and formal testing of FORTNET products line, generation of QC/QA test reports and communication of clear feedback to engineering teams to support resolution’s issues
Execution & validate and maintenance of test environments and data sets required for automated tests,
Validation and evaluation of all FortGATE devices supports of next generation firewall/ Network security/Web filtering & End users for most telecommunication protocol interface.
Provides solutions for monitoring and remote access to device information such as power consumption and supply status, temperature readings, and almost any other type of sensor you can imagine.
Duties include planning, analyzing, designing, and implementing black/gray box tests suites, customer interfacing, and collaborating with system and software engineers.
Cisco Systems. San Jose, CA. 7/11-8/12
System Solution Test Engineer.
Role duties of system level and solutions testing of a Cisco TelePresence product line: CTS (Cisco Video Codec, Tandberg & VCS, and 3rd party conference video equipment as of Polycom, Life-size, Sony and Sanyo).
Works with software/hardware development teams and product marketing and be responsible for system level testing of product functionality verification and problem resolution.
Developed test strategies, test plans, and test networks and test topologies to verify standards compatibility, functionality, interoperability tasked include: performance, regression, and systems-level readiness.
Evaluate / develop new test tools and execute the automation test cases (job files modified, setup and configuration the test bed) for existing and next generation products and technologies.
Verify customer’s test cases to meet the future business requirements on telepresence video products, improving the quality of test environments. Interact with development engineers to understand market/customer/product requirement.
Ditech Networks, Inc. Mountain View, CA 6/04- 12/10
Systems Test / QA Engineer
Voice Quality Assurance (VQA) testing on TDM (QVP & BVP) and Packet voice Processor (PVP). The QVP, BVP and PVP support VQA, Packet quality assurance and Trans coding features for Voice streams.
Performed Element/Network Management System (EMS/NMS) testing on the Java Web based Client/Server application with database backend. Responsible for Solaris 8 (SunFire V240 machine) & 6 (Ultra 10 machine) OS installation.
Maintain existing COGNOS8 reports for Ditech EXi product line, COGNOS8 BI server configurations to achieve reporting performance and throughput.
Query analysis and SQL tuning to improve EXi report performance.
Verification done by both manual and base automated script base on TCL and Silk.
Environment: DiTech’s QVP, BVP & PVP, DCOSS, Hammer FX and NXT (Empirix) and Windows machine.
Symmetricom, Corp. San Jose, CA 8/02-12/03
Installed Windows patches and securities. Performed hardware and software on-site or remote troubleshooting and maintenance. Recommend the procurement of additional computer equipment and software. Analyzed user needs and establish policies, standards and procedures for modifying company’s information systems. Provide current information to users regarding systems procedures; participate in planning for future growth. Helped senior management achieve better results from information technology investments. Designed and developed training modules on documentation standards for company’s internal staff. Performed stand-up training in MS Office and other applications
Terawave Communications, Inc. Hayward, CA 12/99 - 6/02 Systems System Test Engineer Testing of SNMP and Terawave’s Element Management System for APON optical access products (Client and Server application). Hands on experience on a 155 Mb/s and 622 Mb/s ATM Passive Optical Network (APON) technologies. Responsible for PON OLT and ONT performance, functional, regression and acceptance test plans. Run automation and tested various Physical interfaces such as Ethernet, DS3, T1/E1, and TDM OC3c/STM1. Did extensive TDM OC3c/STM1 testing which involved DS0 & DS1 and TDM to PVC connections. Setup, debugged and run regression and verified all configuration for automation test with all interfaces card of PON. Developed test cases and measured Automatic Protection Switch (APS), and Equipment Protection Switch (EPS) timing. Environment: Terawave’s PON Products, Netcom Smart bit 2000 Tester, TCL, EXPECT, Linux
Premisys Communications, Inc. Fremont, CA. 4/95 - 12/99 SIT Test Engineer Set and executed the software quality assurance standards, procedures, and practices for the corporate software development process throughout system/product development life cycle. Defined, specified, and completed the software releases process, ECO releases process, and test methodologies & acceptance criteria of system functionality & finished product verification prior to customer shipment. Work with SW/HW engineering to enforce Software Development Process for entire R&D group. Testing various telecom voice, data, WAN (ESF, HDSL), ISDN, ADPCM, ATM, TCP-IP router. Implement runtime software for company product line, SNMP, EMS. Learning and training to work on SONET/SDH switching and networking equipment from SW QA, System Integration to Alpha phases. Personally generated test plans, evaluated and tested new and existing designs in all products, provided support to design engineers in isolating and correcting H/W, F/W and software problems. Hands-on tested and provided coaching with team members (if possible)
Edge Emitter Technology, Inc. Fremont, CA. 1/92 - 4/95 Hardware Engineer. Responsible for product design of Edge Emitter Array (EEAs) in the Interface Unit for the advance Automatic Test Systems. Tasks included: circuit builder, component selection, review & checking accuracy of artwork & drawings, prototype board Engineering lab evaluation & bench experiment setup, device characterization developed new test program, corrections and release. R & D engineering teams to develop and experiments test systems: Auto BV curve measurement test, Computerized EEU Rise/Fall time measurement method development, EEAs and Channel driver’s bus-to-bus & short test of EEU device included Optical test systems: operated Micro vision 100 &200. Testing beam profile display of the pixels / 3D display & EEU analysis, working on Optronic systems for power measurement, review, gather, collate, and report daily data and analyzing test coverage base on text fixture, and manual machine equipment and tool. QA teams of life test report for the production and test requirement document.
EDUCATION: CS Fullerton University. Fullerton, California (Major: Engineering)
REFERENCE: Available upon request