• Results oriented and dedicated business professional with demonstrated success in general management within the hospitality industry.
• History of providing effective leadership with focus on organizational coordination to provide: innovative concepts, supervise high performing teams, and efficiently manage operations
• Proven ability to control payroll, other expenses, & manage revenue streams to positively impact profitability.
• Track record of exceeding financial goals, boosting sales, and increasing revenue without compromising guest service.
• Versed in negotiations, contract review, and pre-opening procedures. Objective
To serve and work in a world-class establishment and improve: profitability, guest satisfaction, & employee morale without sacrificing quality.
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside &
Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor-General Manager 11/13-Present
• Overall responsibility to lead the various teams of this oceanfront resort. The Grand Beach Hotel Surfside is spread out over two buildings, 10,000 square feet of meeting space, spa, 150 seat restaurant, and 341 guest suites.
• Generated nearly $36M in total revenue 2015 & 2016.
• Maintain high overall guest satisfaction.
• Provide leadership to hotel associates and management in critical areas including operations, human resources, sales and marketing, and revenue management.
• Project managed the opening of new 96-room Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor (opening first quarter 2018).
• Overall responsibility of Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor. The Bay Harbor property is a more select service/boutique location with a total of 96 rooms. Kling Hospitality LLC-President 09/12-Present
• Offering hospitality consulting services focusing on: asset management, pre-opening services, financial budgeting, planning, and analysis, benchmarking, revenue management, interim management, executive staff search, & leadership.
o Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn-Interim General Manager 11/12-3/13 Managed overall property operations for full service boutique oceanfront hotel. o Grand Beach Hotel Surfside-Pre-Opening Project Manager 6/13-10/13 Pre-opening budget creation, executive recruiting, coordination with general contractor/operations team for 340-room beachfront luxury hotel opening late November 2013. Grand Beach Hotel-General Manager 12/09-05/12
• Ensured excellent and memorable stays for guests at this 430 all-suite property, four-star property.
• Responsible for 250 employees with eight department head direct reports.
• Generated $34.9 million in total revenue (2011), where $27.8 million in room revenue, $5.1 million in f&b revenue, & $1.7 million in valet revenue.
• Built the brand through hotel website development (booking engine & search engine optimization), strategic marketing & yielding of wholesaler/OTA campaigns, & top 30 trip advisor rating 2010-2012.
• Achieved top ten guest satisfaction ranking on all third party websites in first full year of operation (2010).
• Global Review Index (ReviewPro): 2010-85.8%, 2011-82.3%, 2012-83.3% (through May 2012)
• 2010: 50% operating profit margin, 20% payroll cost, 66% occupancy, $180.28 ADR, & 86.4 % revpar index at
• 2011: 52% operating profit margin, 18% payroll cost, 80% occupancy, $223.40 ADR, & 97.7% revpar index at
• 2012: 58% operating profit margin, 14% payroll cost, 82% occupancy, $295.51 ADR, & 96.9% revpar index at
$242.05 revpar through April 2012.
Grand Beach Hotel-Director of Operations 7/08-12/09
• Member of opening executive team for 430 all suite new build hotel. Recruited balance of executive committee
(DOSM & DOF), all hotel managers, and line staff.
• Other pre-opening responsibilities included: preparing OS&E budget, ordering & tracking all hotel supplies, preparing the hotel’s operating budget, creating standard operating procedures, warehouse & inventory management, management of I/T and operational critical path, and liaising with developer during construction phase & final inspection phase.
• Opened hotel 11/27/09.
LQ Management LLC-General Manager (Various Properties) 12/02-07/08
• Dual Unit Manager of Naples properties with over 200 rooms in total inventory. Exceeded customer satisfaction goals for ’06.
• Managed and oversaw the renovations of both properties. Created 2007 budgets for both properties.
• Managed the daily operation of the hotels with over forty direct reports. Oversee all sales efforts of the Hotels.
• Aggressively positioned hotels in market, which resulted in positive revpar index change on Smith Travel Report with 105% index in 2007.
• Analyzed monthly p&l’s and exceeded guest satisfaction goals in 2007.
• Ensured clean guest accommodations by performing daily inspections with engineering and housekeeping department heads.
• Process all invoices and oversee all collection efforts. Hiring of all personnel. Control costs and labor hours.
• Used yield management to maximize revenue.
• Maintained a presence in the community through chamber of commerce and hotel association events.
• Entrusted with regional revenue manager responsibilities and monitored rate fluctuations/booking patterns in various markets throughout the region.
• Travel to all company owned properties in Florida (travel to other States when needed).
• Covered distressed properties and reinforced company SOP’s while onsite. Process all invoices and oversee all collection efforts.
• Worked on special projects throughout the operation to include: a/r collection, scheduling pm work in guest rooms, rolled out front office training, and revenue management strategy creation. LQ Management LLC-Assistant General Manager Tamarac 03/02-12/02
• Assisted in all aspects of management of the hotel.
• Solicited new business and maintained existing accounts. Jean-Michel Kling
• Generated weekly reports for corporate office, controlled labor hours, training of new hires, & invoicing of all a/r accounts.
Florida International University
Bachelors in Science, Hospitality Management
Gold Coast School of Real Estate
Real Estate Sales Associate Pre-License Course
Licenses & Certifications
Licensed Florida Real Estate Sales Associate
• Fluent in French
• Working knowledge of Spanish
References available upon request