Long Beach, CA. 90803
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertomorag 619-***-**** email@example.com Page 1/2
SUMMARY: Proactive, self-motivated and team oriented individual with the proven ability to identify the company needs and to utilize excellent communication, experience and problem-solving skills to enhance productivity and quality projects.
• Over 25 years of software experience with industry leaders; 19 years as QA lead and 2 as Agile Project Manager.
• Experienced with Web, APIs, mobile, Clinical Electronic Data Collection (EDC) and Operational Qualification (OQ)
• Expert on usability (UAT), installation, integration and new functionality software
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Accomplished in technical documenting Stories, Specifications, Manuals and training.
SDLC and QA IEEE Standards
HP Quality Center / ALM
Perforce / PMed File Management
Rally / CA Agile Central
HP QTP / UFT
OSX, UNIX Solaris, Linux
Agile Scrum Master
Stories and Documentation
MS Project Manager
Manuals and Training
Essette, SpecCap, NextGen
MS TFS, Performance Tool
Mantis bug tracking
ACNS, Network Appliance
Cisco PIX, ISA, iPlanet
EXPERIENCE: Velaro, Los Angeles, CA. 1/2016 – 2/2018
Project Manager, (Contractor/Consultant)
Called upon projects when needed. Liaison between QA department, DevOps, Internal product and Professional Services.
• Set up QA processes for the company’s Chat service QA, and lead the 1st feature released with new process.
Monarch/Optum - United Heath, Irvine/Long Beach, CA. 6/2015 – 2/2018
Senior Software QA Lead
Analyzed business requirements, wrote and ran tests for home applications (Practice Connect, Finance Utilities, Client mapping) and 3rd party apps (Essette, Spec Capitation, NextGen). Ran integrations, functionality and customization tests.
• Successfully initiated, lead, designed and deployed the IT Department SharePoint website (4 sub-departments)
• Introduced new test case templates updating about 60 tests in record time
• Successfully lead the Essette version update project while also testing all applications moved to a new system.
Perceptive - PAREXEL, Irvine, CA. 6/2010 - 6/2015
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II,
Wrote and ran test scenario verifications for eClinical’s Designer and DataLabs/MyTrials (Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) EDC web solution to create, collect and monitor clinical trial studies data). Test Dynamic Events and Forms, Multiple Schedules (MES), Study protocol versioning, Web Service APIs and Performance.
• Created automated performance tests with Source Control and wrote How to Create Tests Guide.
• Author and signed off new feature’s Operational Qualifications (OQ) test scripts for audits managed in PMed.
• Scrum Master replacement and took a lead role in the Safety project for issues resolutions and testing activities.
Sharepoint360, San Diego, CA. 11/2008 - 11/2009
QA Software Manager
Developed the test plans and UAT lead for m360, a .NET application for recording observational data for mobile clients. Defined bug flow and requirements on Team Foundation Service (TFS). Collaborated with product owners writing stories/feature requirements for mobile and Web UI wireframes in an agile environment
• Setup QA processes, standards and best practices from the ground up in an Agile environment.
• Researched and negotiated the TestComplete Automation tool getting a purchase savings of about 50%
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertomorag firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2/2
Staffing Innovations - Sony Electronics, San Diego, CA. 9/2007 - 9/2008
QA Software Engineer II, (Contractor)
Worked on Side Set Box (SSB) and Point of Sale (POS) software for the Internet video service now included in smart TVs. Created and led design and functionality for the registration website and Initiated bug tracking for YouTube and Amazon.
Multipoint Network, LATV Networks, Los Angeles, CA.2/2007 - 9/2007
Systems Administrator / Analyst, (Contractor)
Network and system setup and support lead for LATV, a TV network. Researched, tested, implemented and supported new network and apps like Edge, Broadview, PDF Converter Professional and Mailstreet services.
Websense Inc, San Diego, CA. 6/2002 - 11/2006
QA Software Engineer II
Tested the Internet filtering access management and monitoring tool for Win, Linux, Solaris, and OSX; tested integrations, internationalization, SQL’s and Crystal Reports, and TCPIP filtering. Lead software releases, Beta Site UAT, designed the department's SharePoint site, created technical guides and trained.
Nortel Networks - Clarify, Raleigh, NC. 12/2000 - 11/2001
QA Software Engineer
Tested Client Relations Management (CRM) and eFront Office’s Configurator, a price negotiation tool. Created and ran manual and automated SILK tests. Installed MS operating systems and ORACLE / SQL databases in different languages.
Maersk Sealand Colombia S.A., Bogotá, Colombia 9/1998 - 11/2000
Managed 6 office branches’ network, telecommunications, IT budget, purchases and inventory. Reported to New Jersey and Denmark offices. Designed and implemented the LAN/WAN and trained new technology to a staff of 50 professionals.
TRAINING: Rally Management in PAREXEL, Costa Mesa CA.; Agile's Scrum Master certification, PAREXEL and Monarch Health Irvine CA.; SDLC processes and QA IEEE standards, Quality Vectors, San Diego CA.; Mercury’s Quality Center Management, self-phase Mercury program; Sharepoint File and Intranet design and management, self-taught and certified, San Diego CA; Communication with Diplomacy, Business writing and Managing Multiple Projects by Skill Path, San Diego, CA.; MCSE certification at CompuStaff in Bogota, Colombia; Contingency for Information Systems at the Andes University, Colombia.; Web Design and E-Commerce at New Horizons in Bogota, Colombia.
EDUCATION: BA in Computer Science, SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica, NY.
Minor in Mathematics, member of Phi Theta Kappa honor society and Dean’s list.